Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Sep 3, 2010
Dust Bunny Farmer

Mount Vernon, IL

#1 Aug 17, 2010
I'm tired of fighting a losing battle. How much does it cost to have your house dusted weekley and floors mopped monthly? I have alot to dust.
Joe Citizen

Kansas City, MO

#2 Aug 17, 2010
Probably an average of $20-25 an hour for the dusting. So a three hour dust out may cost $60-75 a week average. The Floor sounds like another three to four hour chore if your house is large. Less if it's smaller, but including sweeping and vacuuming probably another $60 odd dollars per month on top of that. But this would be through a company who pays their girls $7.50 to $9 an hour for their work. So if you find a decent person willing to do it independently for, say, $12-15 an hour, you'll get better work because they know you are doing them a favor, and paying them far better, and you still save $5 to $10 dollars an hour or more.
Joe Citizen

Kansas City, MO

#3 Aug 17, 2010
But the drawback is trust. An independent must have beau-coup references because they are not likely to be bonded or insured. But they usually are the most careful and conscientious... the honest ones, anyway.
Dust Bunny Farmer

Mount Vernon, IL

#4 Aug 18, 2010
Thanks Joe.
Joe Citizen

Kansas City, MO

#5 Sep 3, 2010
Oh, sure. Don't mention it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 13 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,908
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 hr ahha 49,447
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Weneedchange 147
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 nono 6,593
Happy Fathers Day Dad Aug 1 guest 5
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Aug 1 Chicagobunny 528
•••
•••
•••

Nashville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Nashville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Nashville News, Events & Info