Lunchroom Lady vs kindergardner

Lunchroom Lady vs kindergardner

Posted in the Nashville Forum

Since: Aug 10

U.S.A.

#1 Aug 11, 2010
After arriving at school today for our 1st day back, I took my child to breakfast in the cafeteria at BPS. Observing the cafeteria I noticed, these very young and fragile children have to take a lot from the lunchroom ladies. I have only encountered cheery, & happy people throughout the school until entering this room. They are some of the grumpiest old bats I've ever encountered in a young child's "happy" environment.
The 1st thing I noticed was the lunchroom ladies RAISING THEIR VOICES to the already nervous small children.(Pointing them in the right direction in a calm & friendly voice would have worked best)
I was also very ticked about a chocolate milk. There was a little boy, probably in kindergarten in front of me and my child. After finishing a fairly large breakfast, considering all the excitement and nervousness, he approached the lunch line a 2nd time to purchase a chocolate milk. He had 5 different lunch ladies yelling at him about a $.25 milk. He was in line to purchase the milk. Its not like he dashed in there with a black ski mask on and snatched the dang thing.
Anyhow, needless to say, they took the milk from the little boy and told him, "ONE MILK! Thats all you can have!!!"
Please let me add that there were approximately 20-30 students in the lunchroom, with about 5 different teachers monitoring the children. Not one of those teachers approached the lunch ladies about the situation. They just looked in the direction of the lunch ladies and the terrified child & turned their heads.
This is very sad to me. We as parents leave our babies in the care of these people at these schools. Not only do we need to worry with our children being bullied by other children, but we should be concerned with bulling lunch room ladies.

Cedar Rapids, IA

#2 Aug 11, 2010
What school was this? Lanier County Primary?

U.S.A.

#3 Aug 11, 2010
Rural Stud wrote:
What school was this? Lanier County Primary?
Berrien Primary

Cedar Rapids, IA

#4 Aug 11, 2010
Ok my child goes to Lanier. Sorry to hear that though, it's uncalled for.

U.S.A.

#5 Aug 12, 2010
It wasn't my son, but it could have been. I email the principal with this concern. I need to check my e-mail to see if she replied to it yet.
new day

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2010
Www.Communitychristianacademy.us
New staff friendly loving environment ready to serve the body of christ
concerned parent

Nashville, GA

#7 Aug 16, 2010
BPS is a great school, on the first day back, it is always crazy, but the staff there at that school loves each child that enters the school and they watch over those babies like they are their own, excuse them if the first couple of days where a little tense.

U.S.A.

#8 Aug 16, 2010
I've recently received an e-mail of apology from the principal of BPS. She let me know there would be a meeting with the ladies of the cafeteria. I greatly appreciate this from her. And I really hope the meeting, what ever exactly it consisted of opened the lunch ladies eyes & minds.

U.S.A.

#9 Aug 16, 2010
concerned parent wrote:
BPS is a great school, on the first day back, it is always crazy, but the staff there at that school loves each child that enters the school and they watch over those babies like they are their own, excuse them if the first couple of days where a little tense.
On the 1st day of school, the adults should not be the tense ones. The adults already know what school is about, and they already know what to expect. Thats what all their years schooling & training was for. I would not want to remember my 1st day at school consisting of being yelled at by a bunch of strange women wearing bandannas & nets on their heads. If they can't deal with the 1st hour of breakfast, with 20-30 students, how in the heck will they deal with the rest of the students through-out the school year?
Grown Man

Miami Beach, FL

#10 Aug 22, 2010
watching friday nights football game i now understand why this county's atlethic programs have such poor participation. we are raising a lot of "momma's boys",everyone wants to whine & cry about everything these days,and,that's the reason our country is in the great shape that's it in.
let's baby every one,young and old,that sure will get us out of this mess we as parents\guardians have allowed to happen.don't be mean to me when you read this, it'll be tough to recover from.

The Real World

Columbus, GA

#11 Sep 4, 2010
Grown Man, you do understand we're talking about five year olds, right?

Obviously you have no understanding of the human mind or perhaps you beaten as a child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Micheal ansel Nov 7 Ubhating 1
Christopher gadberry Nov 6 Ubhating 1
Hahira's own author hasnew website with her boo... (Apr '08) Oct '16 Rebecca Bryant Rewis 6
Harveys in Hahira has royally screwed up (Jan '14) Oct '16 I hate Hahira GA 8
Cleve (Mar '12) Oct '16 Worried mom 3
Drunk Driver Alapaha (Jul '15) Oct '16 former resident 3
katelyn from west berrien Oct '16 Local guy 2

Nashville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashville Mortgages