Benselys reality

Nashua, NH

#1 Jun 4, 2013
Can't beleive the city is wasting money installing Brick sidewalks downtown Nashua?

Don't these people live in New England in the winter time?

The ice, snow constant expansion and contraction breaks the bricks causing them to fracture fall appart become a hazzard for people walking on the FAILED BRICKS.

You can see imperical evidence of the problem by just walking up main street. Guess the mayor and aldermen never walk up main street.

Now these brightest and best designers among us are going to waste more money to fix the problems they have created with more bricks.

Wonder how long we have to wait for law suits from people walking and tripping over broken bricks on the sidewalk???

Another really sloppy planed job by our elected officals.

Since: Apr 13

Nashua, NH

#2 Jun 5, 2013
There are large sections of the main street sidewalks that are so wavy that something finally has to be done to fix it. I was surprised to see more brick being layed. On the bright aside, they aren't putting all brick back down. Huge sections are concrete. A major reason for the brick failing was the trees. The roots grew and pushed up the brick. Maybe with the new trees being planted in concrete planters, we will not have that problem again.
My biggest problem with this whole project is the new crosswalk being installed on the bridge. Why do we need a crosswalk that lights up when someone iscrossing? I'm not sure how much that crosswalk costs, but I'm sure it isn't cheap. I could think of some much better uses for my tax dollars.
Brilynn

Bronx, NY

#3 Jun 20, 2013
karl24 wrote:
There are large sections of the main street sidewalks that are so wavy that something finally has to be done to fix it. I was surprised to see more brick being layed. On the bright aside, they aren't putting all brick back down. Huge sections are concrete. A major reason for the brick failing was the trees. The roots grew and pushed up the brick. Maybe with the new trees being planted in concrete planters, we will not have that problem again.
My biggest problem with this whole project is the new crosswalk being installed on the bridge. Why do we need a crosswalk that lights up when someone iscrossing? I'm not sure how much that crosswalk costs, but I'm sure it isn't cheap. I could think of some much better uses for my tax dollars.
I have tripped many times on these sidewalks! They are very wavy and also cracks which yeah are extremely dangerous! Unfortunately it's not about us "people" or really our safety it's about "the look" it has to look "nice" attract more people and bring in that money for all those higher up guys. On the other hand your right thought first off it won't look very nice once summer and fall are over and it cracks and all that during the winter come spring it's going to look awful and be such a danger to the great amount of people that walk there. Plus it's downtown good amount of bars and restaurants to get drinks so you have people who have been drinking on these cracked ripped up sidewalks. That's not good! Not a good idea and complete waste of money! Once lawsuits start hitting most likely going to be actually losing money and paying money!
Wake Up Ninnies

Windham, NH

#4 Jun 30, 2013
Bricks have been used for sidewalks for hundreds of years.
Im sure that everyone involved in the process of repairing and replacing these side walks know infinitely more about it that any of you.

Quit yer bitchin and go do something constructive.

Since: Apr 13

Nashua, NH

#5 Jul 14, 2013
Wake Up Ninnies wrote:
Bricks have been used for sidewalks for hundreds of years.
Im sure that everyone involved in the process of repairing and replacing these side walks know infinitely more about it that any of you.
Quit yer bitchin and go do something constructive.
That is why these sidewalks are being reconstructed, because they know what they are doing? If they knew what they were doing, don't you think they would have lasted longer than they did? R the bricks have been lifting for years! But O'the bright side, they used more concrete than brick this time around
Wake Up Ninnies

Windham, NH

#6 Jul 21, 2013
karl24 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why these sidewalks are being reconstructed, because they know what they are doing? If they knew what they were doing, don't you think they would have lasted longer than they did? R the bricks have been lifting for years! But O'the bright side, they used more concrete than brick this time around
They make them out of brick so they can be taken apart and reassembled to make a new flat surface. If you use concrete you have to destroy it when it becomes uneven.
You should probably save the cute smart assed comments for when you are actually right, that way you don't sound so much like an asshole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now a Candidate, Ted Cruz Visits NH 4 hr Le Duped 1
looking for it 9 hr yoyoyo154 1
News NH agencies warn of summer paving scams (Aug '09) Mar 16 Flubba dub 90
Poll Why does NH Suck? (May '09) Mar 13 Disrespectful People 134
News Jeb Bush heading to Hudson as GOP adds 4 more f... Mar 12 Foggyworld 1
News Services Monday, Tuesday for Spartans founder, ... Mar 4 Patrick Corbin 1
Nashua's Spring Home Show Sat-Sun, March 21-22 Feb 27 Northern Shows 1
Nashua Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web