Review: PM Mackay Group

Review: PM Mackay Group

Posted in the Nashua Forum

Nashdent

Cranston, RI

#1 Nov 13, 2008
My experience with PM MacKay was by far the worst experience I have ever had. Initially everything sounded wonderful with this company remodelling my home and making various repairs. Many promises were made to me and none were kept. My kitchen remodel was supposed to take about a month to complete. It took a total of four months to complete this project and even after that many things were still not done correctly. I was so frustrated at the end of the four months that I just wanted them out of my house for good. Take my advice and never use this company for anything. They DO NOT stand behind their promises and are the most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with!
Peter M Bonnette

Manchester, NH

#2 Nov 27, 2008
Nashdent wrote:
My experience with PM MacKay was by far the worst experience I have ever had. Initially everything sounded wonderful with this company remodelling my home and making various repairs. Many promises were made to me and none were kept. My kitchen remodel was supposed to take about a month to complete. It took a total of four months to complete this project and even after that many things were still not done correctly. I was so frustrated at the end of the four months that I just wanted them out of my house for good. Take my advice and never use this company for anything. They DO NOT stand behind their promises and are the most unprofessional company I have ever had to deal with!
We refute the above comment as probably an illegitimate claim. We are very proud of our high rate of customer satisfaction, and ask the above author to identify themselves to us, if in fact they are a previous client, so that together we can resolve any negative feelings in a positive light.
Peter M Bonnette, President
Roger from Facilities

Braintree, MA

#3 Dec 6, 2008
Peter M Bonnette wrote:
<quoted text>
We refute the above comment as probably an illegitimate claim. We are very proud of our high rate of customer satisfaction, and ask the above author to identify themselves to us, if in fact they are a previous client, so that together we can resolve any negative feelings in a positive light.
Peter M Bonnette, President
If the above postingis actually from a representative of PM Mkay, then people around here should take note of it. I have had poor results from several businesses in this area before, and NONE of them have ever offered to make good on any of the issues that I had. This is an exceptional attituide, especially in this area.
Repeat Customer

Manchester, NH

#4 Dec 28, 2008
PM MacKay has performed consistently for my business over the years. Our initial experience was through their building our family denisry practice as well as numerous repairs and remodeling projects in our home and cottage.
Nashdent wrote:
Repeat Customer

Manchester, NH

#5 Dec 28, 2008
Our experience with the PM Mackay Group has been consistent and reliable through several remodeling and repair jobs.
Lingaraj Lingadal

Lowell, MA

#6 May 7, 2010
I had contract with PM Mackay group to do addition for my home. After 3 weeks they(Peter Bonnette) returned the initial deposit saying they cannot complete the project for the agreed amount. They even completed engineering design and had city hall permit. They where very unprofessional. So do not trust them.
Peter Bonnette- President

United States

#7 May 9, 2010
We discovered a serious error in the original estimate that could not be reconciled. We offered to renegotiate the contract, or return the deposit. The client chose the latter. We also presented them a full set of architectural drawings plus the building permit at no charge.
We regret any inconvenience that this caused to the client.
Interesting

United States

#8 May 17, 2010
Peter Bonnette- President wrote:
We discovered a serious error in the original estimate that could not be reconciled. We offered to renegotiate the contract, or return the deposit. The client chose the latter. We also presented them a full set of architectural drawings plus the building permit at no charge.
We regret any inconvenience that this caused to the client.
PM McKay's comments on this forum have been consistent and professional. And explanations for each topic are thorough and well thought out.
I also find it unusual that Mr Bonnette gives his full name and title.
It shows a willingness to deal with these issues head on and in an honest manner.
I did business in this area for many years, and some people simply cannot be satisfied no matter how much you cater to them.
My old supervisor once said that if he was standing on the corner handing everyone twenty bucks, ten percent of the people who got the handout would complain about the denomination of the bills.
I think he was right.
Lee Patrick Jeffers

Exeter, NH

#9 Jul 19, 2010
In May 2010 I had a small remodeling project completed by PM McKay Group. I had my family room gas fireplace surround refaced in granite. Dana Cook was my project manager. The project was completed on time and I absolutely love my new fireplace surround. I plan to hire them again for my next remodeling project.
Khisha Pratt

Westford, MA

#10 Jul 21, 2010
I have had several projects done on my home by P.M. McKay and have been extremely satisfied. They even completed a job initially begun by a contractor from another company that I had to fire for his lack of ability. I find that it is difficult to find a comapny who can pick up where someone left off and undo the damage as they go along. I also find it difficult to find a company willing to do smaller jobs. They have always been professional, prompt, courteous and above all honest. They have finished installation on my kitchen, installed exterior french doors, and put in stairs and railings. I love their work and would use them again. I also love the fact that Peter Bonette himself oversees the work his company does, is a hands on type of individual, and has maintained high standards. I have used other companies with lower estimates but have always returned to him. His prices are reasonable and his work is of high quality.
Wife of Employee

Nashua, NH

#12 Aug 6, 2011
NOW being told that they are not covering fees! I had $160 in fees between my bank account and the ones I have to pay for the money not being in my account cause they did not deposit with direct deposit!
I have bills come out EVERY friday and that is not even including the fees from last week! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY after my husband working for them for years he has always taken the bad with the good but this is just WRONG! He never complained when they handed out paycuts, cut out paid holidays all together even stopped giving out Christmas bonuses! While the rich get richer the ones who have to struggle to survive get lost!
Another Employees wife

Jaffrey, NH

#13 Aug 6, 2011
Wife of employee...
Why would they cover fees for your ignorance? May be you should take the time to check the account in the morning, and then pay the bills when the money is there.
Times are tough for EVERYONE, sadly businesses are not immune.
All you are doing by complaining here is making things worse for EVERYONE employed by this company!
Let's see if anyone has a job in a few months because of you bad mouthing.
Peter Bonnette President

Manchester, NH

#14 Dec 11, 2011
We regret that there are times when our payroll administrator gets delayed on the processing of payroll due to circumstances beyond our control. It is essential that we process direct deposits with the bank as a single complete transaction. Any delays caused by late or incomplete time cards is just one factor that could delay our submittal past the deadline for processing. It is always our first priority to make this deadline, as it is in all of our best interests.
I would hope that we can leave this forum for our customer comments in the future, and to reserve our business dialog within the confines our our office.
Lee Patrick Jeffers

Londonderry, NH

#15 Feb 20, 2012
In October 2010 I purchased new kitchen cabinetry through my local Home Depot. PM Mackay Group was the subcontractor in charge of doing my install. Project manager Dana Cook did an exceptional job of remodeling my kitchen. The end product is simply beautiful. Don't believe the negative posts. PM Mackay Group do excellent work!
Fred Oliver

Manchester, NH

#19 Oct 10, 2012
I did 2 jobs for this company in May..I still have not been paid.so if your thinking about doing business with this company be for-warned and hire someone else...see you in court losers
Mike Williams Salem NH

Nashua, NH

#20 Dec 13, 2012
Very happy with the Kitchen and Bath remodel completed by PM MacKay, the employees spoke highly of the company and did wonderful work.
My Kitchen is Beautiful!! Happy we choose HD and PMK.
Mike Williams
Scott Eaches

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 2, 2014
Peter Bonette and PK MacKay & Sons owes my client over $14000 in building supplies and didn't pay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nashua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Clinton avoids Trump in solo debut on camp... Jun 13 Go Blue Forever 43
News Greenfield landowner loses tree to Dutch elm di... Jun 8 Burt Rambeau 2
News Derry man arrested for allegedly stabbing Hudso... (Feb '14) Jun 5 Hate DM and MS 4
News Eight-Hour Standoff In Nashua Ends In Arrests (Sep '08) Jun 3 Joel 3
News Seabrook Around the Town (Sep '08) May 30 Litigator 82
gold digger sandra waters May 25 deer hunter 4
cable tv May '16 pelham cable hater 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nashua Mortgages