Virginian Leader
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Apr 3, 2009
Does anyone else think the virginian leader has turned into one big school newspaper? On every page this week there is some school event/cub scout meeting/lunch menu. I remember the day when Burger King in Narrows opened and that made front page news. Enough to make me laugh but now with all the school events its time to save my money and get my giles county news elsewhere.
Joe

Radford, VA

#2 Apr 14, 2009
The Virginian Leader doesn't do any real reporting. Any "news" they get is straight from the police blotters, without any effort or double checking of information on their own. It's a "feel good" journal, and serves no real purpose. The publisher should be ashamed that he doesnt actually try to do something worthwhile with that so called "newspaper."
Rach

Humble, TX

#3 Apr 14, 2009
Not only that if I have to see that da*m Magic Mart gang one more time.Also I don`t care if she likes Arron Tippin it is not 1991 no one gives a F**K!
cut some slack

Warwick, RI

#4 Jan 6, 2010
I am glad it is a feel good paper. No one else dwells on good news, it is all bad news. It is a community paper and I do enjoy looking at what our youth does. I remember being a kid and how excited I was of I was in the paper! That's big to a kid!
Also it is hard for them to report the latest news as it just a weekly paper.
However as I stated before, I enjoy the kids news and I also enjoy the happy news in our community. Sorry you guys don't and I understand what you are saying, I just like to be happy!

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Jan 8, 2010
cut some slack wrote:
I am glad it is a feel good paper. No one else dwells on good news, it is all bad news. It is a community paper and I do enjoy looking at what our youth does. I remember being a kid and how excited I was of I was in the paper! That's big to a kid!
Also it is hard for them to report the latest news as it just a weekly paper.
However as I stated before, I enjoy the kids news and I also enjoy the happy news in our community. Sorry you guys don't and I understand what you are saying, I just like to be happy!
Uhhh...no offense...but thats what the Green and Gold Times is for.
worked down their

United States

#6 Jan 23, 2010
well i dont really know were to start but i worked for them for three years and they are really dirty to their workers and ever since that guy named david took over the place went to hell in a hand basket in no time so what i am trying to say do not get a job down their you will get treated like a dog
24147rich

Lubbock, TX

#7 Jan 25, 2010
What in the world is the Green and Gold Times...????? I haven't heard of that one..
sunshine

Lubbock, TX

#8 Feb 1, 2010
worked down their wrote:
well i dont really know were to start but i worked for them for three years and they are really dirty to their workers and ever since that guy named david took over the place went to hell in a hand basket in no time so what i am trying to say do not get a job down their you will get treated like a dog
I don't know who you are, and don't care to know but I also work at the Virginian Leader and you are way out of line. I love my job, the people I work with and the people in charge. They run a very good business and treat their employess with respect. And obviously the business isn't failing or it wouldn't still be here.
this is to sunshine

United States

#9 Feb 2, 2010
i worked down their only on tuesday nights and they told me they had to let me go cause they didnt have the money to pay everyone that he was working for now they just didnt let me go after the told me this bull shit they got rid of THREE more and it was also said once someone leaves are whatever they would not hire no one else for tuesday nights but now you must remember he dont have money to pay no one but then hired a boy from glynn lynn fire dept...if i had to work all day everyday with people that cant smile are talk to someone right i would reather live under a bridge but i reckon if you kiss enough ass they will keep you.......another thing he dont have no money but he has houses that he owns and rents out...answer that
sunshine

Lubbock, TX

#10 Feb 3, 2010
this is to sunshine wrote:
i worked down their only on tuesday nights and they told me they had to let me go cause they didnt have the money to pay everyone that he was working for now they just didnt let me go after the told me this bull shit they got rid of THREE more and it was also said once someone leaves are whatever they would not hire no one else for tuesday nights but now you must remember he dont have money to pay no one but then hired a boy from glynn lynn fire dept...if i had to work all day everyday with people that cant smile are talk to someone right i would reather live under a bridge but i reckon if you kiss enough ass they will keep you.......another thing he dont have no money but he has houses that he owns and rents out...answer that
Look, you stated your opinion and I stated mine. I'm not going to get into a immature argument over something this ridiculous, I have much better things to do with my time, as I would hope you do. As for the houses and etc, that is his PERSONAL life, which has to be keep separate from a business.
how funny

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2010
well i know it is his life but i have a right to my opinion too i know what is ridiculous is that place
Also Just Sayin

Princeton, WV

#13 Mar 13, 2010
24147rich wrote:
What in the world is the Green and Gold Times...????? I haven't heard of that one..
That's the Narrows High School paper.
CELCO

Courtland, VA

#14 Mar 26, 2010
THE PAPER BELONGS TO CELANESE

Oak Hill, WV

#15 May 13, 2010
24147rich wrote:
Narrows High newspaper
ICaintHardlySpel l

Arlington, VA

#16 Aug 8, 2010
What was your job, Brophus, Spell Checker?
Nosey Posey

Princeton, WV

#17 Sep 14, 2010
I luv the comments of the VA Leader. They don't treat everyone the same. They have their pics. They hired a druggy, then fired him. They hired that Dave guy after he once quit. They let that elderly man go because of age I guess, and fired many others that was good workers. But they didn't suck up the way they wanted, so "go figure", they're gone too. Now someone said they let that other guy, Doug, go, and they said he'd been there for, gosh, 20 some years. Again, that David guy was sucking up. Hey people, don't apply for a job there. I worked there a long time ago, and it's not changed any. Stay away if you want treated fairly. If you like being treated dirty, that's a job for U!
Sean

Christiansburg, VA

#18 Sep 14, 2010
People I come in contact don't generally have a lot of nice things to say about the paper, or the publisher. One guy told me it's nicknamed the Virginia Cheerleader because it doesn't really report any news, and just sucks up to those in power.

I also heard that an employer at the post office wanted to put something in the paper telling people about the different services offered at the post office, and good ole' Ken wanted to hit her with an advertising fee
allears

Princeton, WV

#19 Sep 22, 2010
I heard that the new guy, Dave I think is his name, is a back stabber. I heard he's the reason that other guy got laid off. I was told he would tell him to do certain stuff or a certain way, then lie to the boss about it. I don't think that's right. That other man had been there for many, many years. Dave just wanted it all. It's all over that all mighty dollar. Who don't need a dollar? When someone tells you to do something and then stabbs you in the back, I guess we can all get the picture. I don't think the Virginia Leader paper dis fair, and it sure don't treat the employees fair either. How many more agree with me? Go ahead and fess up!
roses do not last forever

Princeton, WV

#20 Sep 24, 2010
I've read many of the comments about this newspaper. It sure doesn't sound like that Rakes man and that Dave guy is liked very much? We all know they buy their way around at that place. All I can say is if you want a good reputation, I sure would not want to work there. It started out as a good little paper, but no more. Shoot, you can't even buy a paper anymore. I also heard many stores say they are going to stop selling them.
do not look back

Princeton, WV

#21 Oct 11, 2010
The public does not no stuff going on at this place.u r treeted like crap less u suckup. don't trust no one cuz no matter how good a friend they will stick a knife in ya back. ain't nothin fare there. who wood want to work there. go some where else. you'll be 10x better off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Narrows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thompsons 13 min Just asking 1
3300 artesian bottled water (Feb '13) 13 hr Local 16
Who? 16 hr Rufus 3
Chelsea martin 21 hr Curious 7
Apartments in pearisburg Sat Nosey 1
Bland Sat Lynn Halsey 2
Wallace Thrasher (Aug '10) Sat Lynn Halsey 242

Narrows Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance