Best guitarist
Jam time

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Oct 6, 2010
Who, in your opinion, is the best guitarist in the area, including the NRV? We are looking to start a band and need some great musicians. Already have a rhythm and drums but need a great lead and bass man.
Already Taken

Princeton, WV

#2 Oct 6, 2010
I'm already taken, but you need to tell what kind of music...
just here

Roanoke, VA

#3 Oct 6, 2010
Jam time wrote:
Who, in your opinion, is the best guitarist in the area, including the NRV? We are looking to start a band and need some great musicians. Already have a rhythm and drums but need a great lead and bass man.
Ferguson played lead for Southern Country years ago very good
Musician

Roanoke, VA

#4 Oct 6, 2010
Steve Buckland can smoke Ferguson, but Buckland is already in another band.
Jam time

Warwick, RI

#5 Oct 6, 2010
Classic rock and country, kind of a mixture of Skynyrd, ACDC meeting Conway and Waylon. I have heard of both Ferguson and Buckland, heard Steve at Macado's in Blacksburg. He would be great but I know he is with Acoustics Crossroad and Ferguson is with Southern Nights I think. Heard about another guy, Mike Marshall but idk where he lives.
just here

Roanoke, VA

#6 Oct 7, 2010
Musician wrote:
Steve Buckland can smoke Ferguson, but Buckland is already in another band.
don't think buckland could smoke his teacher Ferguso didn't teach him every thing he knows .and Ferguson plays some with alot of people Southern Breeze , cause his oldest son plays the drums with this group to.
info for you

United States

#7 Oct 8, 2010
Yes Clay is with Southern Breeze and I don't see him leaving anytime soon. My dad used to play music with Mike Marshall. He is really good!! More of an oldies but goodies kind of guy. The last I spoke with Mike he was living in Pulaski. Hope this helps you.
hehe

AOL

#8 Oct 8, 2010
who cares
cloudy

Glen Lyn, VA

#9 Oct 9, 2010
Jonah Carden, but you will not get him away from One Eyed Jack
REALLY

Bedford, VA

#10 Oct 18, 2010
just here wrote:
<quoted text>
don't think buckland could smoke his teacher Ferguso didn't teach him every thing he knows .and Ferguson plays some with alot of people Southern Breeze , cause his oldest son plays the drums with this group to.
steve is ok but ferguson plays guitar better than him any day
Musician

Roanoke, VA

#11 Oct 19, 2010
I REALLY doubt that!
paino player

Princeton, WV

#12 Nov 2, 2010
Jam time wrote:
I have Played with some greats in my opinon and here are a few: steve buckland,charlie cline,clay ferguson, ralph (idk lastname),
and chris wilson. My pick of them would no question clay ferguson although I havent heard steve or chris in sometime now but in the 90s I played with them and they were very good them and time just gets a muscian better. Clay hands down in my opinion. Get him.
Chris H

Peterstown, WV

#13 Dec 2, 2010
Jonah is really good. I've heard Jason Bowles play and he's awesome jamie burton is real good to but hes a lot more bluesy and metal

a couple of the guys that play the acoustic shows at the blue moon are really good to
yep

Vinton, VA

#14 Dec 3, 2010
i havnt heard him in a while but chris hodge usd to play great
wut bout

AOL

#15 Dec 3, 2010
I didnt know Clay still played. What about the Neice boys he played with at one time? They were all good. Isnt that Ralphs last name? Was he the little skinny red head dude?
county boy

Princeton, WV

#16 Dec 4, 2010
I heard Buckland back in the summer. He is damn good. Haven't heard Clay in a while, but he was alright back when. Seems like he is mostly bluegrass and Buckland can play it all. Of course, he has a good band to back him up too.
depends

United States

#17 Dec 4, 2010
Depends on what style you want. Buckland is more blues and southern rock, SRV type player. Ferguson is more of a country and bluegrass style, Tony Rice type player. Carden has more of a rock style, I think more Molly Hatchet style. All are great and I would be happy to drum behind any of them. All 3 together would make for a great jam session.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Narrows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child abuse video please share so we can lock t... (Dec '14) 4 min That Guy 37
What ya'll know bout Shana Bowers? (Dec '12) 20 hr Angela 81
willie neice (May '15) 21 hr Jazz 37
Told ya Victoria.. Wed Sigh 23
Hardee's Tue Common 33
Ace Medical (May '14) Tue why not 4
Rachael Taylor Tue Curious 2

Narrows Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance