First Prev
of 10
Next Last
LOL

Princeton, WV

#2 Sep 5, 2010
Ummm After how many years of this? And someone now decides to take a stand... I have for several years out watched this team, A number of great players have come and gone, never getting the reconition they deserved. Some blame on such a small school, others blame coaching. Whatever the problem is exactly, Why Lowe has remained after all these years is beyond me. But upsight is FINALLY for once Giles and Narrows are now on the same level when considering the coaching staff!! So it should be a very interesting game this year!
unknown888

Blacksburg, VA

#3 Sep 5, 2010
agree we need new coach but giles and narrows are not on the same level, just bc giles lost to cburg, and bburg doesnt mean anything. we definitely need a new spark. but maybe we can hold our own in the district.
yea boyz

Princeton, WV

#4 Sep 5, 2010
ive said this 4years they went from 1 lowe to another ive seen alot of talent come an go and they deserve a chance 2 win.......and also the fans deserve to win
unknown888

Blacksburg, VA

#5 Sep 5, 2010
yeah the sad thing is that lowe is young and he will be there i while
Jumpy

Blacksburg, VA

#6 Sep 5, 2010
Agreed.
Runs the same plays over and over.
He has boys out on the line that need to
be runnin the ball.
And his qb1 is only out there because of his last name. Dnt get me wrong he's a great kid but that's not where he needs to be.
Somthing has got to be done. Our boys are better than lowe has them set out to be
Lil man

Princeton, WV

#7 Sep 5, 2010
I also agree I mean Lowe hasn't done nothing but screw us over the last couple of years we had lot of talent thru the years heck we had the teams n times to go all the way to the championship but no coach to take us there n never will intill he gets outta there but he is young and he Is going to be in there awhile n his dad will make sure of that...n we have a good team this year but Brock shudnt b in the qb position because he doesn't have the experience at all because of his last name is the only reason he is there Brock is a great kid but he should stick with basketball but I diff understand with what everybody is sayin bout coach lowe
unknown888

Blacksburg, VA

#8 Sep 6, 2010
well alot of it is the coaching but alot is based on our small numbers, our kids have to play both sides of the ball, and the MED is prob the weakest district.
yowza

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Sep 6, 2010
The kids may have to play both sides, but he does have the numbers to change them out, and he just won't, even if they are hurt. QB1 may be there because of his last name, but he would do a lot better if he had a center who could snap the ball correctly. His lineman haven't been taught how to block more than five plays and he runs straight up the middle almost every play. They need to throw the ball, when they do it, they gain more field position, and spirit from the fans, I don't understand why names are so important around here, it seems like winning would be more important.
joey

Glen Lyn, VA

#10 Sep 6, 2010
fundamental football (which is what the green wave are lacking) is taught in little league and 8th grade. cant blame kelly for that. lack of discipline ( which is another big thing those young men are lacking) comes from HOME and coaching. some of that is the coaching staffs fault. there is a bigger problem than coaching when you lose one game and three players say they are going to quit....that is lack of heart and desire to just play the game. you win with dignity and lose with it, it should all be left on the field. as for the great teams and players that were mentioned above that the coaching staff held back....when was that? sure there were 3 or 4 good players that came through each year but narrows has not had a good GROUP of players that formed a good TEAM since the early and mid 90's.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Sep 6, 2010
we have tried to get rid of the Lowes for along time now, it's time for the coach to belly up and say his self " WE NEED A NEW COACH" Their is no since in this, The football players deserve better, Back when daddy lowe was coaching we were still loosing. PLEASE KELLY, PLEASE STEP DOWN AS COACH...
so true

Peterstown, WV

#12 Sep 6, 2010
I have said since daddy Lowe was coach that we needed better coaching & yes Brock is only qb cause of his name. Unfortunately Kelly will never say that he is gonna step down & Narrows will always base who plays sports by their last name. Yes anyone can try out & a lot make the teams but you can bet that the ones who play will be the ones with the right last names. It's been that way for as long as I can remember (granted I'm only 28) but it will be that way for years to come I'm afraid. I still say if Giles & Narrows would have consolidated years back we would be a force to be wreckoned with. I also have to agree that many good players go unnoticed because they don't have the right last name. I'll always be in the stands with my green & gold on supporting the kids who are playing but something needs to change soon or kids who don't have that "name" aren't even gonna attempt to play because they know it's no use.
Mikey Paul

Roanoke, VA

#13 Sep 6, 2010
yes i agree with the coaching when a coach usually goes for liek 3 seasons without winning they usually know they are FIRED! but no we stick with em..... but i agree with joey also i will always support the biggest little football town ever.....but its time the fans take a stand for the boys that take a stand for us and this town!
unknown888

Blacksburg, VA

#14 Sep 6, 2010
offensive and defensive formations been the same for twenty yrs, and then if they try something different and it works they go right back to the wing t
joey

Glen Lyn, VA

#15 Sep 7, 2010
I dont remember "daddy" lowe (as you guys call him) having all these bad seasons you speak of. I may be wrong but did'nt he take them to the state semi-finals in 94.

Since: Sep 10

Narrows VA

#16 Sep 7, 2010
Yes I agree that Lowe should step down but no one will listen when the fans speak out. The schools powers that be and school board won't do anything. It's going to take the whole football team, lead by the Seniors, to stand up to Kelly and say we want a new head coach. He can still coach just not as head coach.
Jumpy

Princeton, WV

#17 Sep 7, 2010
dnt leave it to the Seniors,
to Kelly lowe their oppion dnt matter
somebody or a group of ppl with more control needs to stand up to the athletics department in nhs and say we want a new coach.
Mikey Paul

Radford, VA

#18 Sep 7, 2010
our boyz have heart and play for the love of the game and deserve to win...all the schools see is a money maker but even the die hard fans are tired of seeing our boys fight and not win due to a "coach" that only knows 3 plays well actually down the middle with 3 different names he is supposto to teach em football he dont know football himself.. fans are going to grow smaller and less money then maybe the school board will listen.. if i was the players id refuse to play for him.. but like i said they play for the love of the game and the roar of this town on the field of friday night lights

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#19 Sep 8, 2010
joey wrote:
I dont remember "daddy" lowe (as you guys call him) having all these bad seasons you speak of. I may be wrong but did'nt he take them to the state semi-finals in 94.
Since 94! that was 16 years ago..lol
lmfao

Glen Lyn, VA

#20 Sep 8, 2010
Its high school football......

GROW UP.......

Win or lose, WHO CARES?

Narrows is a tiny school, you can't expect much to happen in a tiny school that competes against much larger schools.

Its time for Narrows and Giles to consolodate. Get rid of this pathetic little school and offer the kids more choices in education, sports, and activities.
consolodate

Peterstown, WV

#21 Sep 8, 2010
lmfao wrote:
Its high school football......
GROW UP.......
Win or lose, WHO CARES?
Narrows is a tiny school, you can't expect much to happen in a tiny school that competes against much larger schools.
Its time for Narrows and Giles to consolodate. Get rid of this pathetic little school and offer the kids more choices in education, sports, and activities.
I agree with the consolodation. It should have been done a long time ago but now is better than never. I've said since I was still in school that it would make for better sports, better education, & an opportunity for more activities for the students as well. However I don't know that it will ever happen because there are too many people that would fight against it just like the last time it was brought up for serious discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Narrows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dana Thompson 12 hr Trina 34
Creekside classics 16 hr Hottie 1
Crushed pills in coffee 17 hr Panopticon 2
Girl tht lives at Gateway nikki Aug 22 anonymous 5
Heather Amos Is An Idiot Aug 20 Wondering 5
Austin Wayne williams (Dec '15) Aug 19 I know 5
James Riffe Aug 18 Hahahah 13

Narrows Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance