First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Blane

United States

#2 Feb 19, 2011
Wow someone wasn't hugged enough as a child. I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I know enough that when a person finds fault with everything they see about a place the problem may be with the observer. Narrows is one of the kindest friendlest communities in Giles County. As far a buildings and homes...don't judge a book by its cover. There are happy Christian people throught this community. They are hard working and love their country and take care of one another. I think you owe yourself another opportunity to be blessed to get to know the fine people there. You seem to be a little cold around the heart. Before you bash an entire community do some soul searching.
sureenough

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2011
meee3 wrote:
Norrow is a festering hole of filth,slu ts,druggies and worthless wastes of space,giles co should get rid of the psa's and just use narrows as a big dump and let filth live in filth,half the thrashyass house down there have holes in themand are falling apart anyways,the whole town is pointless and worthless
I do have to say I agree it is a shit whole with a whole bunch of drama queen teenagers doing nothing but running around sex, drugs, my son goes to school with 9th grade girls who are planning on attending senior beach week! These parents in this town try so hard to live vicariously through their children it is sick! Any parent who allows that needs social services to step in. I work 3-11 shift some times I come through narrows at 1130 or midnight and I pass children hanging out! Young girls running around with 19-20yr old boys. I'm sick of looking at the trash on the street and at the farmers market. If trash would keep their children home maybe the streets to this shit hole would roll up.
sureenough

United States

#4 Feb 19, 2011
Blane wrote:
Wow someone wasn't hugged enough as a child. I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I know enough that when a person finds fault with everything they see about a place the problem may be with the observer. Narrows is one of the kindest friendlest communities in Giles County. As far a buildings and homes...don't judge a book by its cover. There are happy Christian people throught this community. They are hard working and love their country and take care of one another. I think you owe yourself another opportunity to be blessed to get to know the fine people there. You seem to be a little cold around the heart. Before you bash an entire community do some soul searching.
the fine people hahaha u must spend much of your time out of town, drunk, or just hanging out with your head in a hole!
Route 219

United States

#5 Feb 20, 2011
Often times you see yourself in other people. Sureenough must recognize themself in those that they feel are not fine people...especially if that's all they see. After all even good people make mistakes. To not be able to recognize that there are many fine people in Narrows says more about the person of Sureenough than it does of the majority of the people from Narrows.44
Gone from there

Albany, NY

#6 Feb 20, 2011
Yeah right, lots of good druggies, crack heads, and various intellectuals around the town. The council sure doesnt seem to care, they still think they're going to resurrect the business district.

Meanwhile, the slumlords reign supreme, and move more filth in so long as they get their subsidized HUD checks. They don't care who you have to live next to. It's not their problem.

PLEASE! Someone needs to wake up!
sureenough

United States

#7 Feb 20, 2011
Route 219 wrote:
Often times you see yourself in other people. Sureenough must recognize themself in those that they feel are not fine people...especially if that's all they see. After all even good people make mistakes. To not be able to recognize that there are many fine people in Narrows says more about the person of Sureenough than it does of the majority of the people from Narrows.44
hummm Route 219 that's as far as I read cause that's "enough said" in its self!
sureenough

United States

#8 Feb 20, 2011
Gone from there wrote:
Yeah right, lots of good druggies, crack heads, and various intellectuals around the town. The council sure doesnt seem to care, they still think they're going to resurrect the business district.
Meanwhile, the slumlords reign supreme, and move more filth in so long as they get their subsidized HUD checks. They don't care who you have to live next to. It's not their problem.
PLEASE! Someone needs to wake up!
congrats for u!! And u are so right. There is nothing in this town, cause its ran by a bunch of idiots. A bunch of gossiping mongrels who live to ruin people lives. Celco workers and goodie two shoes church goes being the leaders. I'm on my way out. Just not fast enough.
really

Roanoke, VA

#9 Feb 20, 2011
then go
Chandra23

Princeton, WV

#10 Feb 20, 2011
There are certainly a lot of self-righteous church goers in this town. As for helping each other;they may help other church members.Idk.
The only church that lifted a finger for us during the hard times we've had is the Baptist church.The big church at the end of Hungry Hollar could have cared less.And I have relatives who go there!In Narrows it all comes down to your last name.
As for the town council;all they are in it for is the money.All those people milling around the town office and they can't even keep up with who paid what.Way too many taxes for too little service.

Since: Feb 11

Natural Bridge, VA

#11 Feb 20, 2011
Obviously y'all don't know half the people in narrows. Granted there is alot of druggies and such, but u will find that everywhere u go. And there is also alot of nice fun outgoing people in narrows. Obviously u need to stop looking at all the bad and see all the good.
ladyLbee

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2011
sureenough wrote:
<quoted text> I do have to say I agree it is a shit whole with a whole bunch of drama queen teenagers doing nothing but running around sex, drugs, my son goes to school with 9th grade girls who are planning on attending senior beach week! These parents in this town try so hard to live vicariously through their children it is sick! Any parent who allows that needs social services to step in. I work 3-11 shift some times I come through narrows at 1130 or midnight and I pass children hanging out! Young girls running around with 19-20yr old boys. I'm sick of looking at the trash on the street and at the farmers market. If trash would keep their children home maybe the streets to this shit hole would roll up.
ur old and nosy mind ur own!

Natural Bridge, VA

#13 Feb 20, 2011
For ur info I'm not old.

Natural Bridge, VA

#14 Feb 20, 2011
Nvm lol

Natural Bridge, VA

#15 Feb 20, 2011
Read that rong
Route 219

Linden, NJ

#16 Feb 21, 2011
Chandra 23. You are correct about the incompetent town services. I dont blame anyone for trying to escape the frustration of dealing with inept individuals. But having said that Narrows itself has beauty, charm, and warm caring people. When someone trashes an entire community and is seemingly wishing it off the face of the earth I think they do a disservice to many innocent members..Narrows does need to get its municipal house in order. You are correct.
home

Blacksburg, VA

#17 Feb 21, 2011
ThatOneChick347 wrote:
Obviously y'all don't know half the people in narrows. Granted there is alot of druggies and such, but u will find that everywhere u go. And there is also alot of nice fun outgoing people in narrows. Obviously u need to stop looking at all the bad and see all the good.
Narrows is a great place to live. You people who are posting negative opinions must stay in a lot of drama and more than likely will not be happy anywhere you reside. Whenever i return from vacation i am always glad i am returning here to this town. I do agree there is not many businesses in this town, its the worst town in the county (business wise) but i love living where its peaceful and where there is only one redlight. You negative ones need to sit back and look at yourselves instead of blaming the town.
home

Blacksburg, VA

#18 Feb 21, 2011
PLUS there is going to be drugs in any town or city. you think its the towns fault for that too? you think drugs and slumlords are only in this town? as far as drugs go, there is no stopping that business..its only going to get worse everywhere in this country. relocate and see if its picture perfect stupid.
home

Blacksburg, VA

#19 Feb 21, 2011
meee3 wrote:
Norrow is a festering hole of filth,slu ts,druggies and worthless wastes of space,giles co should get rid of the psa's and just use narrows as a big dump and let filth live in filth,half the thrashyass house down there have holes in themand are falling apart anyways,the whole town is pointless and worthless
Congratulations! This has to be the stupidest comment I have read on Topix. You were probably high when you typed this, I know that is what I would blame it on cause I wouldn't want people to think I was really just that dumb!
hehe

Christiansburg, VA

#20 Feb 21, 2011
blah
baro

Roanoke, VA

#22 Mar 2, 2011
lulu live there dont u mean its gotta have drugs there? and nast bad ppl there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Narrows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lists of rats 15 hr Justic 12
Juanita Carter (Oct '16) 21 hr Nothing 23
sexy chick works at the dollar store. Wed pipeliner 1
Sierra d shrader preggers May 22 Trashhh 8
Mary fariss May 20 Mylo biggz 11
Blue truck guy? May 2 Haha 2
Fight at burger king last night Apr 28 Huh 2

Narrows Jobs

Personal Finance

Narrows Mortgages