Convicted of killing his family in 19...

Convicted of killing his family in 1991, York man wants pleas, ...

There are 13 comments on the York Dispatch story from Jan 12, 2009, titled Convicted of killing his family in 1991, York man wants pleas, .... In it, York Dispatch reports that:

A former York City man who killed five members of his family and forbade his attorney from defending him was back in York County Court on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

Allan

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2009
If you have ever seen Judge Chronister in action, you would seriously question HIS mental competency.

I'm not saying this guy doesn't deserve the death penalty, I'm saying this Judge is an absolute 'basket case'.

I don'tthink he knows what day it is.

Since: Mar 08

AOL

#2 Jan 12, 2009
Allan wrote:
If you have ever seen Judge Chronister in action, you would seriously question HIS mental competency.
I'm not saying this guy doesn't deserve the death penalty, I'm saying this Judge is an absolute 'basket case'.
I don'tthink he knows what day it is.
I don't think he cares either, he needs to retire.
York City Girl

AOL

#3 Jan 12, 2009
I remember this case well. How dare you guys. This is not about the Judge. Did you read the story back then? This sick psychotic S.O.B. put his wife in the tub and filled it with bleach (she was not dead yet) so no one would be able to smell the decaying bodies if they were not found within the time he thought it would take for him to get away. He killed his wife and 2 of his own children. His mother-in-law and her 2 year old child. Paul Gamboa-Taylor should already have had that needle.
tnl

Tuscaloosa, AL

#4 Jan 13, 2009
I agree with york city girl. But we will hold this up in court until everyone is tired of the case and he'll be sitting in jail a long time. More taxpayers money gone.He had enough sence to call all his witnesses and now they are saying he wasn't in his right mind come on just take him out and be done that'll be another jerk off the streets. The system needs to crack down and start going thru with these sentences then maybe people will start thinking before they do these stupid hanis crimes
Rascal

Lansdale, PA

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Reach in your pockets again York City taxpayers. We are gonna foot the bill for more of this S.O.B-tches antics, as usual. And you are right, dont shift the issue to the judge, READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE.
lost

Etters, PA

#7 Jan 13, 2009
you dance with the devil you live with the devil
Bert

York, PA

#8 Jan 13, 2009
This guy deserves the death penalty.

But I agree that this Judge Chronister is completely NUTS.
Bets

Lancaster, PA

#9 Jan 13, 2009
They want to whine and cry he was abused by his parents as a child and that is a reason to say give the guy a break? I don't think so! I was abused as a child. I haven't murdered or even had thoughts of murdering anyone. It's just a bunch of crap and a lame excuse why someone turns bad. IF he were mentally unbalanced because of some health reason and not a condition he brought on himself by drinking and doing drugs, that as a defense would not be a slap in the face to all concerned. He is a worthless piece of trash in my opinion. It makes me feel sick to my stomach that he could do what he did and now want to try any trick in the book to get off easy after having been a total monster! Let him face what he did and pay the price for his actions as he should. Stop punishing those who remain here on earth who loved those he killed by rehashing everything it all! It is an insult and dishonor to the memories of those he killed to give him voice now to plead for mercy, understanding and an easier sentence. What mercy did he show them?
GanstaXRappaCrac kaHoDeala

Myerstown, PA

#10 Jan 13, 2009
Rot in jail LOSER!
Eric _S

York, PA

#11 Jan 13, 2009
I am amazed that is S.o.b. still has rights. This self prclaimed psycho, murders three innocent children, and thier mothers and claims he was hearing voices. Well, folks, Heard voices that day too. It was the voice of Paul Gamboa-Taylor knocking on my bedroom window hours before he killed my wifes best friend and not too long after killing the other 4. I was not called to testify, I was not asked any questions, nor did the Gamboa-Taylor offer any condolences to my wife who lost was like a sister to her. Instead they took the only living memory of Val, and (the baby) never left address or contact numbers. This man took from me my wife as well, she never recovered from this tragic lost, she suffered long bouts of depression and guilt, guilt because the day that Val died, my wife dropped her off at the last place she was to be alive her home, not knowing the others were already dead. Paul spoke sanely to her, what he did not lose his mind until he killed Val, give me a break. This guy was smart and sane enough to walk across town to seek out his wife after killing the others and insane is his best defense, what is the punishment for STUPID-ASS. he even had the mind to plan his own demise by running the bath water and attempting to electrocute himself, hey he wanted t die then, why is he still alive?. Paul if you ever get to read this you know who I am, and I know why I was not on the witness stand at your trial, Its because Tina and I knew more about you then you and you sisters and brothers would reveal in court, we know that Val tried to divorce you before, we know that you would take the rent money and get high, we know that you attempted to have relations with other women, we also know that despite it all Val tried hard to save her marriage and family. She even smiled when we know she was in pain. Why Donna, why the kids?. Just find a place in your cell, pray to God for forgiveness, but be more honest than you were in court. Please. We do not need to hear from you again, everytime we make strides to put this to rest you resurface as if you want to make sure we don't forget. enough is enough. 17 years ago you committed what is deemed the most horrofic crime in this city, and it is as if you want a Golden Globe, well sir your statue awaits you at your grave site please lie down and accept it, the only speech we want to hear is that you are truly sorry, even then I will be tested to believe you. York county residence do not fall into this man trap he knows what he is doing, his original attourney is deceased, God rest is soul, and just as Mrs Gamboa-Taylor, Ms Barshinger,and those beautiful children all are un-able to speak for themselves, Mr. Gamboa-Taylor now wants to defile the name of Atty Evanck, again another display of no respect. I hope that I get to talk to the judge.
FYI

Stewartstown, PA

#12 Jan 14, 2009
Rocky is doing fine in Pensicola Fl
Bets

Lancaster, PA

#14 Jan 15, 2009
Eric _S wrote:
I am amazed that is S.o.b. still has rights. This self prclaimed psycho, murders three innocent children, and thier mothers and claims he was hearing voices. Well, folks, Heard voices that day too. It was the voice of Paul Gamboa-Taylor knocking on my bedroom window hours before he killed my wifes best friend and not too long after killing the other 4. I was not called to testify, I was not asked any questions, nor did the Gamboa-Taylor offer any condolences to my wife who lost was like a sister to her. Instead they took the only living memory of Val, and (the baby) never left address or contact numbers. This man took from me my wife as well, she never recovered from this tragic lost, she suffered long bouts of depression and guilt, guilt because the day that Val died, my wife dropped her off at the last place she was to be alive her home, not knowing the others were already dead. Paul spoke sanely to her, what he did not lose his mind until he killed Val, give me a break. This guy was smart and sane enough to walk across town to seek out his wife after killing the others and insane is his best defense, what is the punishment for STUPID-ASS. he even had the mind to plan his own demise by running the bath water and attempting to electrocute himself, hey he wanted t die then, why is he still alive?. Paul if you ever get to read this you know who I am, and I know why I was not on the witness stand at your trial, Its because Tina and I knew more about you then you and you sisters and brothers would reveal in court, we know that Val tried to divorce you before, we know that you would take the rent money and get high, we know that you attempted to have relations with other women, we also know that despite it all Val tried hard to save her marriage and family. She even smiled when we know she was in pain. Why Donna, why the kids?. Just find a place in your cell, pray to God for forgiveness, but be more honest than you were in court. Please. We do not need to hear from you again, everytime we make strides to put this to rest you resurface as if you want to make sure we don't forget. enough is enough. 17 years ago you committed what is deemed the most horrofic crime in this city, and it is as if you want a Golden Globe, well sir your statue awaits you at your grave site please lie down and accept it, the only speech we want to hear is that you are truly sorry, even then I will be tested to believe you. York county residence do not fall into this man trap he knows what he is doing, his original attourney is deceased, God rest is soul, and just as Mrs Gamboa-Taylor, Ms Barshinger,and those beautiful children all are un-able to speak for themselves, Mr. Gamboa-Taylor now wants to defile the name of Atty Evanck, again another display of no respect. I hope that I get to talk to the judge.
I do not know you, or any of those who were so hurt by this monsters actions. That doesn't mean my heart doesn't feel some of your pain reading your posting here. It just is so wrong for you all to have to have to go through this emotional torture over and over. You can't begin to heal when someone keeps ripping open your wounds again. Your poor wife has been hurt more than enough by this, as have others I am sure. I am glad that she has someone who cares for her as your posting shows that you do, by her side. I will say a prayer for all of you that God continue to carry you through this darkness and that you all be able to come through it stronger. God bless you all.
stacy

Ephrata, PA

#17 Apr 29, 2009
Eric _S wrote:
Eric, I know we have never met, but I know Tina. She is a very wonderful person. I am very glad she has someone wonderful by her side. I know her loss too. Valerie and Donna were two of the most beautiful people I ever knew. I tried to call Valerie all day that day. We had made plans to go out together after the hospital fete. I had no idea what was going on when I drove past her house that night. I thought Paul had gotten busted or something. I had to find out in a bar from Brenda M. I was a basket case that night. I did not sleep, and the only thing I could do was cry. Why did this have to happen. Why the babes, why Donna, why any of it. My daughter had just met her sister, she was so happy to have one. She had heard about them all, but never got to meet them. She looked at Val and said you look like me. I wish they were here now. I have met my other two daughters, after 17 years of separation. I know they would want to have met them as well. I just wish they were all here. They were my family. I know our situation was crazy, but I loved them. We only had each other for a very long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Narberth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reconnecting with faith through washing of dead May 3 Tim 3
Veterans problem and solution (Nov '15) Nov '15 Jack Fleming 1
cindi rooney (Feb '15) Oct '15 dext door neighbor 10
George Papalexandratos Challenges Employees wit... (Dec '10) Oct '15 NNAA 5
Craig's Fashions coming to Wynnewood, PA (Sep '13) Oct '15 Alan lamb 14
ShopRite acquires Gladwyne Superfresh, rebanner... (Aug '13) Sep '15 Larry Collins 6
News Haverford Music Festival Is Just Two Weeks Away (Aug '15) Aug '15 Mozart 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Narberth Mortgages