Ricks Place Resturant
Realtor

Naples, FL

#143 Mar 9, 2011
VW resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree we need to move on but if you are in a position to know then you need to know the following: When someone buys new here, the sales office etc. takes care of notifying Verona Walk Office and no references are needed. If you buy existing stock the realtor gives you an application to fill out to the VW Board and it requires references. I see what the problem might be: The realtors have one application for renters and use if for prospective buyers if you are right. If applications for resales (involving a realtor) contain references when they do not need to do so, someone needs to correct that situation and a two separate forms designed.....one for sales and one for rentals!
Someone told me this morning that the idea for a subsidy was voted down......however.....they are going to put together a panel to see how to fix the problem? That is amazing in light of the comments here and the goodbye party that was planned.
The resales often require a reference, but its not a mandate. The board does not ask, nor checks references. The only time that's really done is a rental, or resale, only if the owner request's it.
The subsidy wasn't voted down, it was a survey, it came back 2-1 against, it will not be voted upon, that costs a lot of money, and even more to change the docs. It was suggested a panel/committee might be formed to see what the residents really want. It was also stated that there's a 30 day out of the contract for both parties involved. Rumors destroy, dont spread falsehoods.And lets all ignore this fista cuffs babbling fool.
Jim is right

Cape Coral, FL

#144 Mar 9, 2011
I agree with Jim! Management should have never allowed this to get this far. A survey you say? So if the "survey" had passed, were they then going to put it up for a vote or were they simply going to raise HOA dues by $30 per quarter. If I was going to bet, my money would be on the latter. We will never have a five star restaurant, nor should we. If you want that type of food, there are plenty of places around here to go to. We need a decent place to eat a decent meal. Period. As far as background checks go, they should apply to everyone or no one. Just because a person owns their home doesn't mean they are better quality people than those who rent. I know some renters who I would much rather have as neighbors, than the ones I have who are owners.

Since: Feb 11

Naples, FL

#145 Mar 9, 2011
VW resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree we need to move on but if you are in a position to know then you need to know the following: When someone buys new here, the sales office etc. takes care of notifying Verona Walk Office and no references are needed. If you buy existing stock the realtor gives you an application to fill out to the VW Board and it requires references. I see what the problem might be: The realtors have one application for renters and use if for prospective buyers if you are right. If applications for resales (involving a realtor) contain references when they do not need to do so, someone needs to correct that situation and a two separate forms designed.....one for sales and one for rentals!
Someone told me this morning that the idea for a subsidy was voted down......however.....they are going to put together a panel to see how to fix the problem? That is amazing in light of the comments here and the goodbye party that was planned.
Sorta reminds me of the U.S. Congress!!!!!!....nothing is EVER finalized..let's just keep kicking that can down the road.Get some backbone,people.
VW resident

Naples, FL

#146 Mar 9, 2011
Realtor wrote:
<quoted text>
The resales often require a reference, but its not a mandate. The board does not ask, nor checks references. The only time that's really done is a rental, or resale, only if the owner request's it.
The subsidy wasn't voted down, it was a survey, it came back 2-1 against, it will not be voted upon, that costs a lot of money, and even more to change the docs. It was suggested a panel/committee might be formed to see what the residents really want. It was also stated that there's a 30 day out of the contract for both parties involved. Rumors destroy, dont spread falsehoods.And lets all ignore this fista cuffs babbling fool.
Thank you for clarifying that references are not mandated by the Board. You would be doing a great community service and stop the spreading of falsehoods if you notified all realtors at your meetings that VW does not require nor check into references and that any request of that nature is an owner requirement.

The question then becomes: If no one needs references then why does it appear on the VW form. Let the realtors have their own form for references when the homeowners require one. To use the VW application is the factor that is confusing the issue. Furthermore, if the VW Board does not require references, why do the spaces for that inquiry exist on their form to begin with. Let it be between the realtor and the tenant and leave VW out of it. Until the form is changed it appears that VW does require references as it appears on their application for joining the Association.
Realtor

Naples, FL

#147 Mar 9, 2011
VW resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for clarifying that references are not mandated by the Board. You would be doing a great community service and stop the spreading of falsehoods if you notified all realtors at your meetings that VW does not require nor check into references and that any request of that nature is an owner requirement.
The question then becomes: If no one needs references then why does it appear on the VW form. Let the realtors have their own form for references when the homeowners require one. To use the VW application is the factor that is confusing the issue. Furthermore, if the VW Board does not require references, why do the spaces for that inquiry exist on their form to begin with. Let it be between the realtor and the tenant and leave VW out of it. Until the form is changed it appears that VW does require references as it appears on their application for joining the Association.
Im a private realtor, I have no control over the board, or meetings.At residnt turn over the board can query the community, at that time checks can be made mandatory.
Get past it

Naples, FL

#148 Mar 9, 2011
It's over, stop the petty in fighting. This is a fabulous community. hopefully we'll get a real restaurant someday. You don't like it, just don't go there. you don't have to support it, the survey worked out the way it should have. I heard lots of other good things about the community last night, focus on good, not the bad.
Resident 2006

Cape Coral, FL

#149 Mar 9, 2011
The survey worked.
The results showed what the majority of residents want. Unfortunately the discussion at the meeting,(YES, I was there) didn't get into why we are displeased with Rick's. As most of the previous posts have shown, the food is not good. Period. We don't expect 5 star gourmet fare, but just want good tasting food.(YES, I have eaten there) The staff is unprofessional and dismisses the patrons complaints.(YES, we complained)
I have spoken to Verona Walk residents who felt that we should support the restaurant but they had NOT ever eaten there. We tried. Get us a good restaurant and we will support it.
Youre right

Naples, FL

#150 Mar 9, 2011
Resident 2006 wrote:
The survey worked.
The results showed what the majority of residents want. Unfortunately the discussion at the meeting,(YES, I was there) didn't get into why we are displeased with Rick's. As most of the previous posts have shown, the food is not good. Period. We don't expect 5 star gourmet fare, but just want good tasting food.(YES, I have eaten there) The staff is unprofessional and dismisses the patrons complaints.(YES, we complained)
I have spoken to Verona Walk residents who felt that we should support the restaurant but they had NOT ever eaten there. We tried. Get us a good restaurant and we will support it.
Sir, or madam, I agree 100%, thank you
fista cuffs

United States

#151 Mar 9, 2011
yes... you need slaves to serve to you...brilliant indeed
common sense and dignity

Naples, FL

#152 Mar 9, 2011
Please move on - the majority of this sweet community - that has unfortunately been ashamed by many of the comments on this website wish VW to retain dignity and reputation. To those who say 'we won' the answer is simple - it was always a vote and you had no need calling anyone names but just make a case on merits. If you thought that you couldn't make an articulate argument without insults then perhaps it says more about you than RPs. It is a Pyrrhic victory as it has damaged the reputation of this area. So for those who have not known how to conduct a debate with politeness -'take a bow' for letting this community down rather than trying to discuss things in a civilised manner.
Salant

Naples, FL

#153 Mar 10, 2011
The above poster is correct. This controversy has hurt our community. The good that hopefully will come of this is we must all realize its absurd to financially subsidize any vendor, they are all her virtually rent free, that is a subsidy.
fista cuffs

United States

#154 Mar 10, 2011
prima donnas... you all should be ashamed..
Get Lost

Naples, FL

#155 Mar 10, 2011
fista cuffs wrote:
Many of us have seen you idiotic posting all over the web. Get a life, and get lost moron.
WTF

Cape Coral, FL

#156 Mar 10, 2011
I see Fista Cuffs is from Ohio. That explains alot. The only thing that has kept Kentucky from slipping down into Tennessee all these years is the fact that Ohio sucks!
Bye Bye

Naples, FL

#157 Mar 10, 2011
fista cuffs wrote:
First of all you're not from Ohio. People from that great State would agree with all the comments on this site that we all value our hard earned money and we feel we have the right to expect good food and prompt service for our dollar without being called Prima Donnas.
You provided neither and then your nasty entitlement attitude fueled up when people rightfully complained because you thought "who do they think they are" instead of thinking "I need to respond to their constructive criticism to be a better business person and neighbor". Please move on as you have done enough damage and people here are so tired of the whole mess we want and need to move on. Our wishes for you are that you become humbled by this experience and change your attitude!
fista cuffs

United States

#158 Mar 10, 2011
will do, cleopatra
After all this

Naples, FL

#159 Mar 10, 2011
We tried Ricks Place tonight. After all that's gone on you would think they would take the hint. I cant decide which is worse, the food, or service.
Vali-tina

Lehigh Acres, FL

#160 Mar 10, 2011
Get Real wrote:
It's comments like those which you are making that tell me you clearly do not eat there. Not that it's any of your business, but I am from this country and I too have eaten out all around town. I (like many others that actually eat at Rick's) know that I can tell Rick exactly what I feel like eating that night, even if it's not on their menu and he makes it for me, no problem. In addition, for the comments about no veggies and chicken nuggets in their marsala? If you did actually eat there, you would know that they have like 3 different veggies available everyday including FRESH spinach and I eat the marsala there all the time because it actually is real marsala sauce and chicken breast. You obviously do not eat their food, you just want to throw insults around. Not just about the restaurant and it's owners, but to anyone who's opinion differs from your own. You have some nerve to speak about someone else's mouth when YOUR previous statement is both racist and discusting.
Real, we have eaten there and take out from there. The truth is it isn't very good. The first owner/operator had much better food, but he wasn't very pleasant. But I would eat there back then because it was good. This owner has yet to get a take out order correct :(. Lexi is very nice, but I go there for edible food.

The truth is if the food were decent people would be going more and planning luncheons and dinners there with outsiders coming and visiting. I would't have my friends eat there. They would be so angry with me. I never witnessed George being inappropriate in person, but he was when I called in an order and I never called in an order again. I'm not lying on this. It's true. I thought it was a fluke, but apparently it wasn't. That's just not something anyone needs to experience when simply placing an order.

Well, the vote is over and the majority spoke.
They havent got a clue

Naples, FL

#161 Mar 11, 2011
You don't go from bus boy to restaurant owner by magic. The food is awful, the service is non existent, and I do not like the rude comments perpetually made by George. Hes a bull in a china shop. He hurts them more then helps them. Its not hard to succeed in the food business, service, pricing good food, but its clear they haven't got a clue. Lets bring in #3 in the batting order, but I hope the board does their homework this time.
By the way I'm a regular the at the mens Romeos. The buffet is horrid, and Ive yet to get what I ordered. Maybe Joeys needs a bus boy again.
No they havent

Naples, FL

#162 Mar 11, 2011
People have given them more then a fair chance. I was sold a community with a restaurant. I consider that one id want to eat at. The board is now forming a committee to try to help this absurd failure. Are they serious, remove them, get someone in that knows how to run a restaurant, doesn't tell filthy jokes, and cares about its customers. Ricks is beyond being helped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naples Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Design Your Life for Success 17 hr Cuban Coffee 1
News Police find 37 marijuana plants at Naples resid... 17 hr Cuban Coffee 1
News Watch a Florida Fisherman Encounter a Rare Whal... 17 hr Cuban Coffee 1
Smell Smoke and see ash Feb 20 golden girl 1
Super Bowl between Patriots and Eagles Feb 14 Pat 19
News How to Spend Valentinea s Day in Southwest Florida Feb 14 Cuban Coffee 1
News Police: Judge arrested in prostitution operation Feb 13 Cuban Coffee 1

Naples Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance