In the Kitchen: Chef Ettore Mancini o...

In the Kitchen: Chef Ettore Mancini of Eurasia Restaurant comes full circle to Naples

There are 98 comments on the Naples Daily News story from Jul 8, 2008, titled In the Kitchen: Chef Ettore Mancini of Eurasia Restaurant comes full circle to Naples. In it, Naples Daily News reports that:

It's all about family. Chef Ettore Mancini is on a roll again as he comes full circle back to Naples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Naples Daily News.

VET

Fort Myers, FL

#42 Aug 18, 2008
Customer-To-Be wrote:
I will soon be a new customer of Eurasia. I have heard many rave reviews from friends about the excellent taste and quality of the food and am looking forward to trying it. I love Vietnamese cooking.
Do you love visiting the Hanoi Hilton also?
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#43 Aug 18, 2008
Lillian Banalett wrote:
Spent the last 10 days in Naples and Eurasia is by far our favorite place to dine. The atmosphere and comraderie is most pleasant and contagious. You must try the Expresso Martini...WOW!!! Tom will make you the best you have ever tasted. Eddie made my husband the most delicious veal cuttlet parmigiano and I cannot pass up the bruchetta as antipasto. Try it if you want Good times, Best food and Best Expresso Martini...... Thanks!
Lillian, Do you enjoy supporting those that waged war, and killed 53,000 American boys? Why would anyone, regardless of how good the food is, support an establishment whos money is fronted by a former North Vietnameese officer?
Lillian Banalett

AOL

#44 Aug 19, 2008
VET wrote:
<quoted text>
Lillian, Do you enjoy supporting those that waged war, and killed 53,000 American boys? Why would anyone, regardless of how good the food is, support an establishment whos money is fronted by a former North Vietnameese officer?
Vet.. you are suffering from a non existent North Vietnamese Officer delusion. What makes you think you are right when you are sooooooooooo wrong. You haven't a clue but just seem to bellow your lies and hatred. Trying to smear the restaurant with your garbage just doesn't work. Get a life!!!! You have my sympathy!
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#45 Aug 19, 2008
Lillian Banalett wrote:
<quoted text>
Vet.. you are suffering from a non existent North Vietnamese Officer delusion. What makes you think you are right when you are sooooooooooo wrong. You haven't a clue but just seem to bellow your lies and hatred. Trying to smear the restaurant with your garbage just doesn't work. Get a life!!!! You have my sympathy!
Lillian, what makes me so certain is I know the party. he was a former N. Vietnameese officer. DO as you wish, but with every bite think of the 53,000 American kids that died there. Bow your head in shame Lillian
Lillian Banalett

AOL

#46 Aug 20, 2008
VET wrote:
<quoted text>
Lillian, what makes me so certain is I know the party. he was a former N. Vietnameese officer. DO as you wish, but with every bite think of the 53,000 American kids that died there. Bow your head in shame Lillian
You have got to be kidding. You are laughable! Two Italians do not make a Vietnamese officer....NO WAY!!! You are the shameful character ..getting more shameful with each reply.
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#47 Aug 20, 2008
Lillian Banalett wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding. You are laughable! Two Italians do not make a Vietnamese officer....NO WAY!!! You are the shameful character ..getting more shameful with each reply.
No Lillian you are, the VietNameese is the chef, ask if you can visiy the kitchen next time. He fronted all the money for the resturant and does most of the cooking. If thats so hard for you to understand youre more pathetic then I imagined
Lillian Banalett

AOL

#48 Aug 21, 2008
VET wrote:
<quoted text>
No Lillian you are, the VietNameese is the chef, ask if you can visiy the kitchen next time. He fronted all the money for the resturant and does most of the cooking. If thats so hard for you to understand youre more pathetic then I imagined
I did visit the kitchen, maybe you should since you are making the accusations. Take a chance, you might find you are w r o n g!!!!! Duh!!!
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#49 Aug 21, 2008
Lillian Banalett wrote:
<quoted text>
I did visit the kitchen, maybe you should since you are making the accusations. Take a chance, you might find you are w r o n g!!!!! Duh!!!
I did also dear Lillian, why are you so afraid to admit you may have been in error? Just rember the 53,000 young men whos names are placed on that black wall in DC
Customer of Eurasia

Punta Gorda, FL

#50 Aug 23, 2008
no guts? Tom
Customer of Eurasia

Punta Gorda, FL

#51 Aug 23, 2008
hey vet u have many issues and have many problems. you need help. I'm a shrink I know what you are going through. I feel for you. best of luck on your road to recovery. God bless
Customer of Eurasia

Punta Gorda, FL

#52 Aug 24, 2008
hope you had a nice weekend dick
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#53 Aug 31, 2008
Customer of Eurasia wrote:
hey vet u have many issues and have many problems. you need help. I'm a shrink I know what you are going through. I feel for you. best of luck on your road to recovery. God bless
You may need a shrink, but you certainly arent one. Support that resturant, and may you be haunted by 53,000 ghosts.
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#54 Sep 7, 2008
Customer of Eurasia wrote:
hope you had a nice weekend dick
You dispicable piece of trash, choke on the VC's food.
Joe from Miami

Fort Myers, FL

#55 Sep 19, 2008
great food. Had a nice time at the place. The food is great and the bar is built just right. Best of luck and don't worry about the idiot trying to trash you. All the best. Joe
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#56 Sep 28, 2008
I guess no one cares about the 53,000 dead US soldiers, the part owner was a viet cong officer, do not frequent this place.
Steven Williams

Chattanooga, TN

#57 Oct 9, 2008
"Vet", you are a sicko.
You simpley have it in for this restaurant, and a "vietnamese chef" is your flimsy excuse to bad mouth the place. You have a bigoted grudge, and the vets I know don't share your anger. Quie a few have gone back to Vietnam. Blame our government and Nixon for sending you there in to their country, if your bigoted little butt ever were there.
Identify your self. How do we know you are a Vet.Trying to get our sympathy? Did you get a dishonorable discharge? What's your arrest record? Busted for child porn?
There. I can smear you as well as you can smear another person.
I visited the restaurant and liked it, and have returned. Why don't you visit it, and stop spewing your evil hate.
There are other vietnamese people in the area, you you just attack this restaurant because a Vietnamese chef is there.
Get over it, and stop dirtying the American flag by trying to package your bigotry in it!
Joe from Miami

Punta Gorda, FL

#58 Oct 9, 2008
Nice job! This person is sick. Hope he or she gets help soon
Lisa from Jersey

Lansdale, PA

#59 Oct 10, 2008
I had heard that Eddie and Tom finally opened up their restaurant. I was really excited for them and wanted to check it out and stumbled across this nonsense.

I can’t believe all these silly posts. Let me tell you something, I worked under Eddie and along side of Tommy, these guys are a “class act”. They worked their butts off to get to where they are now and deserve every bit of success they earn. Can’t everyone just seen that this person is probably not even a Vet at all and is just someone who is trying to bring them down. It won’t work, Eddie is an extraordinary chef and Tom is excellent at what he does, people love him. They’re a perfect team.

Hey guys, I miss you and can’t wait to go to your restaurant when I get back to Naples & Marco again, hopefully soon! All the best! Don’t pay attention to the jealousy of other people; let them just wallow in their own misery.
VET

Fort Myers, FL

#60 Oct 12, 2008
Joe from Miami wrote:
Nice job! This person is sick. Hope he or she gets help soon
You are a dispicable bastard, and dont have a clue, the VietNameese chef financed the operation, was it blood, or drug money. Go to DC visit the wall scum bag, then go dine at that dump you love.
GfS

Lexington, KY

#61 Oct 23, 2008
Im looking for an old friend. Angie George, she is or was a nurse at north naples medical center or what ever it is called now, she also has a 16 year old son named chris i lost contact with her last year and have tried every way i know to contact her, maybe she remarried or moved i just need to know if she is ok, if you know her or anything about her please post a comment or jus tell her Gs in kentucky is thinking about her
thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naples Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump vs. Cruz: Who will win Indiana? May 3 Cuban Coffee 1
spring breaking May 3 Cuban Coffee 6
Cuckolds or Swingers in naples (Aug '15) Apr 28 Cuck4her 4
News Collier commissioners to hear Braves spring tra... Apr 17 Gus Feltersnatch 2
News Traffic among worries for proposed Braves site ... Apr 12 LEO 477 1
Poll Can an a person who is a smarzzie ever be cured... Apr 10 Gus Feltersnatch 3
News Asbestos problems mounting for Posen Constructi... (Dec '09) Apr '16 Wake up 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Naples Mortgages