Accused drug dealer drowning in 25 ye...

Accused drug dealer drowning in 25 years' worth of debt

There are 1023 comments on the Naperville Sun story from Sep 28, 2006, titled Accused drug dealer drowning in 25 years' worth of debt. In it, Naperville Sun reports that:

News of Naperville resident Michael Robert Vilim's arrest this week for trying to sell $1 million worth of cocaine to undercover police came as no shock to a one-time associate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Naperville Sun.

Lucky 1

AOL

#164 Jun 11, 2007
I certainly hope that the entry from "no one" (above) isn't from one of Mike's daughters, but deep down inside I fear that it might be. Those girls are good kids and they don't deserve the hell that they are living through. I'm sure that it is hard for them to get on this format and have to see all of the terrible things that are being said about their father. In the log line of victims, those poor kids are at the top. He was a loving father to them, always taking them to/from their school and sporting activities, and I'm sure that their hearts are broken over this. They know a different Mike Vilim than the rest of his victims know. So, if any of the Vilim girls are reading this, we know that you didn't steal anyone's money (referring to the comment above: "My girls are doing good, too. Unfortunately, they can't go to college because 'you guys' stole our money.") Children are not accountable for the actions of their parents. You do not deserve the heartbreak of this burden, and I pray for you constantly that God will bless you with good things-- you are innocent and you deserve goodness in your life, and lots of it.
Lucky 1

AOL

#165 Jun 11, 2007
Just as a matter of clarification... my comments above certainly aren't meant to minimize the mangitude that Mike's crimes have had on the lives of his victims-- they have devastated many, many people. But his kids are innocent victims, and let's not categorize them as thieves. They are children and they deserve compassion, not judgement.
big-P

Saint Louis, MO

#167 Jun 19, 2007
Jessica wrote:
To all who keep wasting their time writing about how Mike is a bad person and how he stole from them, please get a life. Just because someone does something "bad" it does not make them a bad person or friend. I knew Mike for a long time and he never tried to get money from me or ask me to invest in anything. I guess all I have to say to those who gave him money is that you are the ignorant ones who did it. Maybe if you had invested your time in researching what you were getting yourself into or were more educated about it, then you would not be sitting at home crying about the money you lost. Dont blame him, blame yourself. Dont you all think that instead of sitting here bashing someone online that you could find something better to do with your time.
To Sue and the kids I hope that you all are doing ok. I am sorry that on top of everything that is going on you have to put up with some of the people who post hurtful comments on this site. I hope that Mike's health takes a turn for the better:)
Jesica, I would imagine that someone with any sort of brains would understand that the problem in this situation is not giving the money. The problem would be that it was used to promote Mike into this Tony Montana persona. Walk away with this thought, Mike V has become one of the largest COCAINE dealers around. HE was not selling grams here, he was making million dollar COCAINE deals. He is a distributor of a controlled substance, he sold this DRUG in our streets and believe it or not to our KIDS. If you want to preach forgivness go to church everyone else doesn't give a crap.
Antknee

AOL

#168 Jul 8, 2007
I think we need to start a suport group to see how many people he actually conned or ripped off and add it all up to see if may be he DOES have money in off shore accounts. or safty deposit boxes
TRUTH

Redmond, WA

#169 Jul 8, 2007
As a neighbor of MV it was quite embarrassing and disgusting to read of his story and lifestyle, most all of us here are surprised that Sue still walks around the neiborhood in her tight short shorts and tiny top, she's become a joke, but still has no shame.
Polar Bear

Olsztyn, Poland

#170 Jul 8, 2007
Wow. I read the first page and it sounds like this guy is a psychopath.

There is a great book on the subject that you can get off the Internet for free now. It's called "The Mask of Sanity".

Google it - once you start reading it, you can't stop.
Pat

Syracuse, NY

#171 Jul 16, 2007
I also went to school with him, he also tried to scam me, he showed me what the deal was, and said he needed over 20k, knowing mikes past, and what he did in H.S. I knew better than to give him any money, I told him I wasn't interested and that if he didn't leave then I would call the authorities, he quickly left, and never tried to contact me again.
Jack

AOL

#172 Jul 16, 2007
Sounds like a broken record, but I went to HS with him too....known him since freshman year.

His past is his present...that pretty well sums up Mike V. He is as he was.

He never got a cent off of me, and based upon some of these other posts, I feel very fortunate.

I think MV has another date in court this week, but haven't seen anything in the papers about his current status.
oneofthelied2

Aurora, IL

#173 Jul 20, 2007
I'm so sick of hearing all the crap about the kids and there feelings! Mike never gave a crap about our feeling and our families so why should we.

To be completely honest are we even sure the kids are Mike's because i know for a fact Sue fooled around and i was one she tried to sleep with. She was dirty!
Lucky 2

Wichita, KS

#174 Jul 26, 2007
Lucky 1: I could not have said it better. I lost money, I see it all as a tragedy. I do not have any idea how someone can do this--to anyone--there is some pathology to it. But do not blame the girls. You, then, are making the world worse. They are victims. They would not have chosen this outcome.
Repeat--I lost a lot of money too. We are all adults, suck it up. We made a stupid mistake. A good education is expensive. The girls will be paying a lot more a lot longer than we will. Unless, of course he really does have some money hidden--but he will never enjoy it.
Lucky 2

Wichita, KS

#175 Jul 26, 2007
PS. Would everyone stop complaining about their kids getting drugs from Mike. If your kids are doing drugs, you need to stop worrying about Mike.
Another New one

Lake In The Hills, IL

#176 Jul 27, 2007
Does anyone have an update on what is going on? Is Mike out?
Ekim

AOL

#177 Jul 28, 2007
Mike is not out and it is almost 1 year. But Sue is all over downtown Naperville weekend nights.
Curious

Chicago, IL

#178 Aug 16, 2007
Anybody know how long Mike's been involved in the world of cocaine? In addition to Sue being aware of Mike's scamming and cocaine dealing it almost seems as if at least his older kids also had full knowledge of his activity. It seemed like they weren't surprised when he got arrested.
Bee

AOL

#179 Aug 16, 2007
Curious wrote:
Anybody know how long Mike's been involved in the world of cocaine? In addition to Sue being aware of Mike's scamming and cocaine dealing it almost seems as if at least his older kids also had full knowledge of his activity. It seemed like they weren't surprised when he got arrested.
No one knows how long he was a dealer.He is scheduled for trial by jury Oct.15th He will be tried for 1 count of possesion and 4 counts of MFG/DEl of cocaine according to Will County web site.Maybe we will learn more then,if the paper even covers the story. Are they still living in the house or was it foreclosed on? Still a lot of unaswered questions.
According to EKIM's post appears Sue is doing o.k.Sounds like kids are too,based on your comment.Maybe they won the lottery, fell into some money or people are helping them out.
Curious

Chicago, IL

#180 Aug 17, 2007
Ekim wrote:
Mike is not out and it is almost 1 year. But Sue is all over downtown Naperville weekend nights.
Apparently Sue isn't terribly upset by the absence of her husband. She's also been seen hanging out with a few male "friends" in parking lots. Makes you wonder where her kids are and what are they doing while she's out roaming the streets at night.
Curious

Chicago, IL

#181 Aug 17, 2007
Bee wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows how long he was a dealer.He is scheduled for trial by jury Oct.15th He will be tried for 1 count of possesion and 4 counts of MFG/DEl of cocaine according to Will County web site.Maybe we will learn more then,if the paper even covers the story. Are they still living in the house or was it foreclosed on? Still a lot of unaswered questions.
According to EKIM's post appears Sue is doing o.k.Sounds like kids are too,based on your comment.Maybe they won the lottery, fell into some money or people are helping them out.
I've been told that Sue stated that they had to be out of the house by about this time. Sounds like she was fishing for someone to help her out with money that also would never be seen again. Maybe her parents that I've heard she's really not on speaking terms with have given in and saved the day.
John

AOL

#182 Sep 3, 2007
Nice to see The Vilim Family less Mike out at Last Fling. It must be nice to have disposable income like that. They all looked happy and healthy.Seemed to be very happy without a worry in the world.For all prior posters who were so concerned with getting them through this ordeal,it appears they made out just fine.Your prayers have been answered.
Stupid Naperville People

Montgomery, IL

#183 Sep 4, 2007
It's great to see that you all have nothing better to do with your lives than talk and put down others. If you all would put the focus into your own lives, maybe you would be a better person. And if you have all of this time, maybe you should spend it helping others rather than trashing people. Life has a way of working out in whatever way it will, so let it, and focus on yourselves and the positives rather than focusing on someone else's negative.
Jerry

AOL

#184 Sep 4, 2007
Hey Stupid:

You don't get that many of these peoples lives will never be the same because of what has been done to them by MV. It's hard to recover from a theft of $50k,$100k, or more.

They would like to focus on the positive, but they have been robbed. No one is "trashing" MV, just stating the facts.

If they want to use this forum to vent, let them. They aren't hurting you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naperville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keith Roberts Arrest 2 hr Concerned parent 49
Review: My Personal Taxi (May '10) 5 hr Former employee 24
Naperville's Worst Parent 6 hr Bob Barker 21
Lenny Wawczak Courtroom Countdown (Oct '14) 12 hr Lens buddy Aaron 80
News Grand jury indicts sex offender (Feb '08) Fri nina 24
News List limits booze sales for Illinois city's hab... Fri Maggie Gallaghers... 3
Bolingbrook Soccer Coach Arrested (Nov '14) Fri Creepy Jason Lentz 267
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Naperville Mortgages