Girl, 11, Hospitalized After Pulled From Bolingbrook Pond

There are 10 comments on the CBS Local story from May 15, 2012, titled Girl, 11, Hospitalized After Pulled From Bolingbrook Pond. In it, CBS Local reports that:

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. - An 11-year-old girl was hospitalized after divers pulled her from a pond behind an elementary school Tuesday evening in southwest suburban Bolingbrook.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

Claire

Bolingbrook, IL

#1 May 15, 2012
Please tell me who
Anesha

Grayslake, IL

#2 May 15, 2012
It was just on channel 9 news. It is so sad what happened to her. I can't imagine what the family is going through.
Saddened

Cicero, IL

#3 May 15, 2012
I just heard on WBBM that the girl died. :(

Since: May 12

Naperville, IL

#4 May 15, 2012
Yeah I saw this on the news and read the article. She died at the hospital and apparently they think she was dared to jump off the bridge into the pond. Sounds way to familure to a movie called Triple Dog that I watched on Lifetime this past weekend. I pray for the family.
Bolingbrook Mom

Wheaton, IL

#6 May 16, 2012
The girl passed. The story thru MSNBC says she was a larger group of children who were daring each other to jump off the bridge. She did not know how to swim, however jumped anyways. Very sad for the family and the surviving children who dared her to jump. I'm curious though if this was a case of peer intimidation or just a bunch of kids goofing around. So sad. R.I.P. little girl.
One curious bit of information though from the MSNBC article...they said her name could't be released because they were unable to locate her mother...ummm...how is it that her mother cannot be located even as of 11:46pm??? The girl was pulled from the water @ approx. 6:30 and died roughly 90 minutes later...where is momma?!
Resident

Wood Dale, IL

#7 May 16, 2012
She has been identified. Grief counselors will be at Pioneer and Bolingbrook High School. Maybe she has older siblings at BHS?

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/
maybe

Romeoville, IL

#8 May 16, 2012
Resident wrote:
She has been identified. Grief counselors will be at Pioneer and Bolingbrook High School. Maybe she has older siblings at BHS?
http://bolingbrook.patch.com/
or maybe the kids that were daring her and witnesses go to the high school.
Condelences

Romeoville, IL

#9 May 16, 2012
My heart and prayers go out to family and friends of Jordan. May she rest in peace.
friend of jordan

La Grange, IL

#10 May 16, 2012
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
or maybe the kids that were daring her and witnesses go to the high school.
she has an older brother named devon;(
condelences

Grayslake, IL

#11 May 18, 2012
my heart and prayers go out to the family and friends. may god be with you all.love the wheaton family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naperville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bolingbrook - worst suburb in Chicagoland 3 hr El Wapo 646
News Sullivan's Steakhouse Mother's Day Brunch celeb... Tue Naper Guy 1
Low Income Housing - Mill Street Station Tue Oswego Resident 1
News Naperville parks director gets $20,000 raise in... May 2 WTF 2
News $20,000 pay raise in works for Naperville Park ... May 1 Not A Bed Bug 1
Where to go out in town Apr 30 USAF 7
News Audiologist Offers Free Hearing Aids (Apr '13) Apr 29 kody 4
More from around the web

Naperville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE