Preference For Vallejo Downtown Water...

Preference For Vallejo Downtown Waterfront Developer ???

Created by Anonymous on Aug 23, 2012

55 votes

Click on an option to vote

Callahan

Triad

Lennar

IKEA

Other

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
anon

Vallejo, CA

#165 Aug 29, 2012
Thats Funny wrote:
I would give her more credit than you and say that she is not as petty as you.
<quoted text>
When she walks out on speakers ..... That is petty. She is a very "petty" person
seen it

Vallejo, CA

#166 Aug 29, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
When she walks out on speakers ..... That is petty. She is a very "petty" person
or when her and brown are gabbing and giggling as someone has the floor, including other councilmembers. those two are rude as hell from a standpoint of meeting decorum. i would like to acknowledge doug darling leaving his hat off in the house. joe feller? he's still doing his own thing as sam spade i guess.
Jim in SF

Vallejo, CA

#167 Aug 29, 2012
The Fab Four, you stopped the thieves in their tracks. Right on!
Bitter Bitter

Vallejo, CA

#168 Aug 29, 2012
Jim in SF wrote:
The Fab Four, you stopped the thieves in their tracks. Right on!
How about the OZ not even looking at the speakers or Hannigan working on her speech while the Citizens spoke. Real signs of disrespect--right on
Playing That Game

Vallejo, CA

#169 Aug 29, 2012
Why do you keep diverting the conversation away from the topic? You want to act like school yard children then start your own thread. Either you don't know what the issues are or your just acting as obstructionists.
seen it wrote:
<quoted text>or when her and brown are gabbing and giggling as someone has the floor, including other councilmembers. those two are rude as hell from a standpoint of meeting decorum. i would like to acknowledge doug darling leaving his hat off in the house. joe feller? he's still doing his own thing as sam spade i guess.
Jim in SF

Vallejo, CA

#170 Aug 29, 2012
Bitter Bitter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the OZ not even looking at the speakers or Hannigan working on her speech while the Citizens spoke. Real signs of disrespect--right on
Didn't see it, was working a 12 hour shift. How about this as a wake up call to our flunkie staff:

"IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

This is worthy consideration for taxpayers and their employees. Shape up employees, your paycheck is not guaranteed.
seen it

Vallejo, CA

#171 Aug 30, 2012
Bitter Bitter wrote:
<quoted text>
gomes does that a lot too, flipping pages and tapping her pencil when a speaker is not her cup of tea.
seen it

Vallejo, CA

#172 Aug 30, 2012
Jim in SF wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't see it, was working a 12 hour shift. How about this as a wake up call to our flunkie staff:
"IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."
This is worthy consideration for taxpayers and their employees. Shape up employees, your paycheck is not guaranteed.
and how do you propose "shape up" be measured? your fab four has alienated the entire staff by rejecting all their effort, from the c.m. on down the line. maybe brown can hang around city hall and make sure they are shaping up since she does not have a day job any more.
early bird

Vallejo, CA

#173 Aug 30, 2012
admonitions that staff should shape up, wise up, etc. are facile remarks. city manager keen has no choice now but to consult with ms. gomes on a frequent basis to avoid wasting taxpayer funds. ms. gomes is now the de-facto mayor.
Jim in SF

Vallejo, CA

#174 Aug 30, 2012
seen it wrote:
<quoted text>and how do you propose "shape up" be measured? your fab four has alienated the entire staff by rejecting all their effort, from the c.m. on down the line. maybe brown can hang around city hall and make sure they are shaping up since she does not have a day job any more.
Lets make it real easy for them to get started: 1.) Create a policy that states all developers FINAL proposals must be submitted 90 days prior to first public hearing. 2.) Produce a written response explaining why the "Shovel Ready" parking lot is non functional.

Many of the COV staff people can be very thankful they do not work for me. I would have fired several of them years ago for poor performance.
seen it

Vallejo, CA

#175 Aug 30, 2012
Jim in SF wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets make it real easy for them to get started: 1.) Create a policy that states all developers FINAL proposals must be submitted 90 days prior to first public hearing. 2.) Produce a written response explaining why the "Shovel Ready" parking lot is non functional.
Many of the COV staff people can be very thankful they do not work for me. I would have fired several of them years ago for poor performance.
i agree on both points.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#176 Aug 30, 2012
Interesting read today from SfGate on the condo market..

Rick Holliday, king of the condos
http://www.sfgate.com/business/ontherecord/ar...
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#177 Aug 30, 2012
Before COV, GOBs and VIBers consider what to do next for downtown waterfront, they might want to take a really really long reading lesson of this article from the man himself, Mark Cuban.....

MARK CUBAN: America's Economy Has Split Into Two Different Worlds, And One's About To Die Out
http://www.businessinsider.com/which-usa-do-y...

When it comes to getting a job, the USA has bifurcated into two employment worlds, the digital world and the brick and mortar world.

The brick and mortar world is everything you physically touch. Its manufacturing. Its retail sales. Its distribution. Its construction. Etc.

The digital world is everything defined by what you find on computing devices. It can be on your desk, in your hand or in the cloud.

What has happened is that the brick and mortar world has had every bit of intelligence that can be sucked out of it completely removed. Any information that can be created, identified or recognized is being captured in as automated a process as possible and delivered to “big data” or even small data databases in the cloud. What used to require some intelligence at the brick and mortar work place has been seeded and ceded into the cloud.
GEE

Union City, CA

#178 Aug 30, 2012
Interesting indeed....
and to a certain point so minimalistic urban character European, with exposed fire suppression/plumbing visible to all with shutoff valves open to vandalism, if not locked out. Cluster mailboxes visited after work in the hope that "my mail is still there" and after that we will hang in the drafty stairwell to chat each other up. It is all so quaint and modern....

In this specific case the building abuts I-80, swell for those directly in vibration proximity of rumble strips, commuter and truck traffic. I-80 is our major truck route, is it not?

This reminds me of the complex directly in spitting distance of BART also in Oakland destined to become a senior citizen housing project. Lucky for those people someone torched it before this ill conceived project could hoist sleepless nights onto anyone, in this case the elderly, not that I condone this type of action though!

I agree a well thought out plan for the future will have to include a certain amount of cluster housing, with an eye of stacking them higher then usual. However along with that I also would hope that units would not be placed in those areas already producing massive amounts of pollutants.

If we are concerned at all about providing a better environment for families do not locate them where it is least appropriate, into available infill areas for the sake of building in already unhealthy and toxic neighborhoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Napa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People vs. Anthony Joseph Pearsall (Oct '12) 42 min Sam I Am 516
sign the petition to remove vusd supt. bishop 3 hr cliotis 25
Solano OKs $165M, 5-year projects plan 4 hr Anonymous 1
California execution process tied to ruling in ... 4 hr Anonymous 1
Chick-Fil-A, Chipotle Mexican Grill coming to V... (Feb '14) 5 hr Anonymous 6
Vallejo City Council approves new contract with... 7 hr conscientious obj... 11
Vallejo’s Glen Cove Marina named best in nation 8 hr Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Napa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE