|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LGBT agenda goes too far
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/letters/ci_2...

The "Our View" on April 24 was a disappointing caricature coming from the Times-Herald staff. I agree that the compromise that the Boy Scouts of America is proposing of allowing LGBT youth to participate but not adults is confusing, and perhaps even hypocritical. It is like saying it is permissible for a child to steal, but not an adult.

I differ from the Times-Herald in that I believe the Boy Scouts should continue their historic stand, except to update their wording to exclude all LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) individuals. The LGBT agenda has gone far beyond their desire for tolerance. They have told our society to fully accept them as normal, or else suffer the consequences.

They claim that those who do not accept them are backwards, ignorant and hateful (just as the Times-Herald seems to opine). What is interesting is the intolerance exercised within the LGBT community as found on Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT ).

To compare the LGBT fight to that of the civil rights movement in the mid-20th century is absurd as well. Quite honestly the Op-ed coming from the Times-Herald read like an essay from a junior high composition at best, rather than an educated journalist.

This is not about hate, but of a legitimate belief in the detrimental effects of the LGBT lifestyles. This is not about promoting violent acts against LGBT persons. It is about preserving the right to not be held captive to the LGBT agenda, and forced to accept the LGBT lifestyles as legitimate. The fact that people or organizations do not accept the LGBT agenda and lifestyles should be respected as a matter of choice. Those who do not agree with the Boy Scouts' position are free to form their own scouting groups.

Mike West
Vallejo
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Has someone asked Supervisor Erin Hannigan WHY she continues to display the red gay logo on her Facebook page? Is Hannigan coming out of the closet herself? OR is this in support of her colleague Michael Wilson? OR both? Hannigan is NOT a VIBer... VIBers are the pro-gay lobby in Vallejo.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

A question of 'agenda'

Mike West's letter concerning LGBT "agenda" and "lifestyle" (Your Views, April 30) is crying out for a response.

First, I'm not sure what West means by "agenda." Is it that LGBT people just want to: a) have the same rights guaranteed to everyone, including Mr. West, by the U.S. Constitution, and b) be left alone to live their lives? If so, I don't see how this "agenda" could threaten anyone, unless that person is fearful of anyone or anything different. This IS a civil rights issue, Mr. West, which you would admit if you were being discriminated against and were unable to travel in certain places because you feared for your life and safety.

On the other hand, I'm am VERY sure what he means by "lifestyle." If one uses the word "lifestyle" correctly, one means the following by lifestyle: the way people live their daily lives. Now, I have someone very close to me who is gay and this is that person's LIFESTYLE: 1. lives in an urban/semi-urban area, 2. has a regular job which this person goes to every day, 3. goes to the grocery store, theater, church, library and bank at regular intervals, as needed, 4. lives in an apartment as opposed to a house, 5. is a single person with no children, 6. has debts which are paid regularly. This, among other things, is what is meant by LIFESTYLE, and we ALL live one -- depending on the above mentioned criteria.

What West, and others who throw this word around to describe how ordinary people live, means by "lifestyle" is what LGBT people do in the privacy of their bedrooms, and, frankly, I could care less what Mr. West, or anyone else for that matter, does in that particular room. It's none of anyone's business and I am sure that Mr. West would agree that what he does in that particular place in NO WAY indicates how he lives the rest of his daily life and in NO WAY is anyone's business.

What we are talking about, folks, is fear. Fear leads to suspicion, and in its extreme form, hatred and bigotry -- neither of which I am attributing to Mr. West. I am sure he is sincere, but I wish he, and others who use "agenda" and "lifestyle" so incorrectly would just be honest and say what they REALLY don't like about LGBT people, instead of using red herrings like: "traditional marriage is threatened," "our poor kids," "they just won't shut up," "agenda and lifestyle," etc. etc. And, by the way, the Boy Scouts had a huge scandal recently when it was discovered that the organization had covered up and hidden years of abuse of scouts by adult supervisors, NONE of whom were identified as gay.

What is wrong with the Golden Rule? Do unto others...

J. Furlong
Vallejo

Live and let live

In response to Mike West's fear that he is required to accept the LGBT "lifestyle" as normal: My daughter is a successful, smart, funny and supremely caring woman. She is gay. My neighbors are very engaged and engaging physicians and make me feel good when we are together. They are gay. My friend is a dramatist/playwright/actor who is bright, articulate and a great bridge partner. He is gay. My husband's Boy Scout leader was a caring individual who set high standards for his boys and helped them become fine citizens and even Eagle Scouts. He was gay.

I have two questions for Mr. West. First, what is detrimental (your word) about those normal lifestyles? And second, if you had a daughter, friend or neighbor who is gay, would you deny them the same legal rights that you have because they are different from you?

Mr. West, no one is trying to force you to like them, just like I do not have to like you. You could, however, live and let live, secure in the knowledge that you and all citizens have the same equal rights under the law as well as the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Susan Street
Benicia
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
Has someone asked Supervisor Erin Hannigan WHY she continues to display the red gay logo on her Facebook page? Is Hannigan coming out of the closet herself? OR is this in support of her colleague Michael Wilson? OR both? Hannigan is NOT a VIBer... VIBers are the pro-gay lobby in Vallejo.
Hannigan FB logo means she is a closet Lesbian.
Fancy that

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Hannigan FB logo means she is a closet Lesbian.
Just like Michael Wilson, that other closet Lesbian.

Come out, come out.
Bug Bug Khan III

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

The senator says he now feels that he MUST support the marriage of gays and lesbians and he trusts to god they will be happy together; what kind of nonsense is this? Forcing gays to marry lesbians will surely run afoul of the constitution and cause untold heartache in the GLBT community and perhaps become expensive and fill up the courts and after all proves nothing...we need a re-call of such goofballs with no balls about it.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Supreme Court's Gay Marriage Agenda
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

June 26th, 2013 equals 06-26-2013.

06 has 6
26 has 6
2013 = 6

The number 666 equals the AntiChrist.
The Illuminati strikes again. AntiChrist.

“Listen to the Fox”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Let's just cut to the chase on this issue. When people talk about the gay lifestyle what they refer to is the utter disregard of decency in public. You always want to make it about what people think about what goes on in the bedroom. I could care less what goes on in your bedroom. I personally find what gays and lesbians do in their bedroom repulsive and as long as you keep it out of my face and my kids face, fine. Do what you want. What people object to is the flamboyant behavior. You truly want to be accepted as normal? Act like your normal for christ's sake. I don't want to nor should I be forced to observe indecent behavior in public. My God, the other day I was in SF on business and stopped at a red light. Waiting for the light rail was 2 gay guys, sucking each others tonsils out while rubbing up each others junk. I would object to that behavior gay or straight in public. So like I say, want to be accepted by the vast majority of the public, act like normal people. Stop flaunting your sexuality in public and just maybe people would give you a little respect.
I Saw Dat

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Fancy that wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Michael Wilson, that other closet Lesbian.
Come out, come out.
I attended an event where Michael Wilson was displaying affection to his significant other, Peter, in such a grotesque manner that you could see everybody around them felt uneasy. That's why now I ask ahead of time if they're going to be there and avoid them all together. Really unprofessional behavior. And lots of people in town have discussed this and feel the same way.
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

LOL. i don't like michael or peter but i have NEVER seen the behavior you describe. i think you're a liar. as for public displays of affection, i don't like to see ANYONE groping each other in public, hetero or homo. so if you find it disgusting to see people being sexual in public, why do you even need to mention sexual orientation?
Adam

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

I Saw Dat wrote:
<quoted text>
I attended an event where Michael Wilson was displaying affection to his significant other, Peter, in such a grotesque manner that you could see everybody around them felt uneasy. That's why now I ask ahead of time if they're going to be there and avoid them all together. Really unprofessional behavior. And lots of people in town have discussed this and feel the same way.
I Hope know kids seen that crap!

“Listen to the Fox”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

mockingbird wrote:
LOL. i don't like michael or peter but i have NEVER seen the behavior you describe. i think you're a liar. as for public displays of affection, i don't like to see ANYONE groping each other in public, hetero or homo. so if you find it disgusting to see people being sexual in public, why do you even need to mention sexual orientation?
You obviously either did not read my entire post OR you do not have the brain to understand what I wrote. If you would have, you would have seen that I object to that type of behavior in public from ANYONE. My comment goes beyond just displays of affection though. It also includes displays of "flamboyant and often immoral dress and actions. I do not want to see anyone's hairy a$$ cheeks in a pair of chaps walking down the street in a parade. I don't want to see a bunch of guys running around in drag, etc. Keep your choice of lifestyle private, like the rest of society and we can all get along just fine.

“Listen to the Fox”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>I Hope know kids seen that crap!
Adam, maybe you need less coffee in the morning. Try using the word no vs. know. Gheesh, is good grammer and spelling that tough people?
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

LOL. your denial of your homophobia is weak at best. don't you worry about my reading comprehension or my brain. your attempt to insult me reveals more about you than me. do you really think that gays are the only people that "display flambouyant and often immoral dress and actions"? do you object to the carnivale women dancers that display their a$$ cheeks? or is it only "hairy a$$ cheeks" you object to? the majority of gay men and lesbians lead quiet lives just like most heteros do. the majority of gay men and women do not participate in what you stereotype as the gay lifestyle.

“Listen to the Fox”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

mockingbird wrote:
LOL. your denial of your homophobia is weak at best. don't you worry about my reading comprehension or my brain. your attempt to insult me reveals more about you than me. do you really think that gays are the only people that "display flambouyant and often immoral dress and actions"? do you object to the carnivale women dancers that display their a$$ cheeks? or is it only "hairy a$$ cheeks" you object to? the majority of gay men and lesbians lead quiet lives just like most heteros do. the majority of gay men and women do not participate in what you stereotype as the gay lifestyle.
Did I say I didn't object to others? No. And if you call being concerned what my children are exposed to as homophobia, ok I am. That "lifestyle is immoral and obscene. Now just to be sure you understand, the definitions of immoral and obscene are:
Immoral
violating moral principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal and social ethics.

licentious or lascivious.

and obscene:
offensive to morality or decency; indecent; depraved: obscene language.

causing uncontrolled sexual desire.

abominable; disgusting; repulsive.

ok mockingbird, schools out
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

LOL. you're a pompous homophobic little fox, aren't you?
louise Flamki

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Still worry that forcing gays to marry lesbians is just plain mean spirited. I just bet that there are those members of each descriptive group that dont want this. What can be the purpose?
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

I tried being a heterosexual and no man wanted me.
I tried being a lesbian and no woman wanted me.
I tried bestiality and no animal wanted me.
I am a senior who lives alone with one cat.
I have never had sexual intercourse in my entire life.
I am an atheist and have no religion or spirituality.
I am miserable, isolated, lonely and angry.
My only outlet is here on topix picking fights with anyone I can.
I hope I die soon.
mockingbird

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

FOTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! do i threaten you that much that you steal my posting name and post sophomoric comments that any idiot would know i didn't post? why are you so frightened of me? because i point out the failure of your logic? or are you projecting your own sexual inadequacies? your own lack of friends and family? your own longing for the end of your sad and lonely life and the peace of the grave? whatever it is, you have some serious issues. my advice is to seek professional help. LOL.
Jim in SF

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

It will be interesting to see how the politics shift now. When LBGT marriage equality is finally realized, which should happen fairly swiftly now, what will the members of the LBGT take on as their new cause? Do they disperse into the political parties and become ordinary citizens who pick and choose the issues that they feel strongly about? Do they continue to push Gay rights or expanded rights? It's going to be very interesting to watch this unfold.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Napa Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Napa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance