Our Town for sale
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sparky

Vallejo, CA

#1 Oct 15, 2013
Jon Riley's political LOON kursham is being compensated to foment
division and strife in support of the manipulation of our local democratic process . The IAFF and other carpetbaggers have landed in Vallejo for purely self serving reasons . Electioneering and tampering with a local Council election just shows where there loyalty is not ! We pay them very generous compensation , in consideration of how they feel they can return the favor a major reduction of compensation is warranted . A 30 % across the board CUT
should be sufficient , it will at least send the carpetbaggers out of town and their LOON with them .
Samuel Kurshan

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 15, 2013
Sorry Pam I am doing this for free and not receiving one cent. I do so out of my mutual loathing and disgust for you and your VIB associates.

You have a huge set of balls to suggest anyone is tampering with an elewction when the sole purpose of VIB was to tamper wigth the 2007 elections and discrwdit the union backed candidates. It didn't work then and wont work now.

The loon, wastrel, homeless, village idiot as you so kindly refer to me as, you know, the one nobody listens to or takes seriously, is staying. On the other hand your VIB crowd has shrunken and continues to do so.

You can try what ever your warped imagination conjures but the fact is, even with a bullet vote no VIB candidate will be elected. You lack voters to do so.
Kurshan King of Moldovia

United States

#3 Oct 15, 2013
Wow Sam you really are a loin.
Samuel Kurshan

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Oct 15, 2013
Would that be a pork loin or a beef loin?

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!
wendy

Vallejo, CA

#5 Oct 15, 2013
spammy there is this thing called spell check try it out sometime . Nobody named Pam made those posts rather they came from the membership of a new group in Vallejo . Recently forged to fight the injustice inflicted on Vallejo by the out of town special interests the very ones you have whore'd out to . The very ones who will crush you like the insignificant fly you are when they are done with you . You have again made a deal with the Devil , as far as ever sitting on Council FUGETABOUTIT new Legislation will
see to that "you are toast" of the burnt kind .
the laughs on VIB

San Francisco, CA

#6 Oct 15, 2013
Well you should have used spell check then because its spelled FUGHEDABOUDIT.

wendy you suck at dogging me. You don't even know when you are being f@#ked with.

By the way what ever happened to the dykes on bikes. My caterer was going to throw them a spread.

You pathetic loser. Have fun for a few more weeks.

It's all over though on Election Day.

Guess who?
Taken

Vallejo, CA

#7 Oct 15, 2013
In a few weeks everything will be the same. Walk down Sonoma and see the run down buildings, closed businesses and aimless hoodlums lurking. This is Vallejo. The new admin will be more of the same. The low income buildings will still be here. 201 Maine and all the incubators of crime will still be here. The schools will still be horrible. The streets will be unsafe.
It will still be unsafe to walk at night. Homeless camps will still be everywhere. We will still hear nightly gunshots. It will still be impossible to find a book store or a nice place to walk.
Our houses will still be lagging behind every bay area county because of the people that live here and how they behave.

None of the candidates will change how the underclass behaves. None of them will do anything to reduce crime, improve schools, develop business and increase property value.
Anon

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2013
Taken wrote:
In a few weeks everything will be the same. Walk down Sonoma and see the run down buildings, closed businesses and aimless hoodlums lurking. This is Vallejo. The new admin will be more of the same. The low income buildings will still be here. 201 Maine and all the incubators of crime will still be here. The schools will still be horrible. The streets will be unsafe.
It will still be unsafe to walk at night. Homeless camps will still be everywhere. We will still hear nightly gunshots. It will still be impossible to find a book store or a nice place to walk.
Our houses will still be lagging behind every bay area county because of the people that live here and how they behave.

None of the candidates will change how the underclass behaves. None of them will do anything to reduce crime, improve schools, develop business and increase property value.
You are 100% correct!!!! Old or new, none of the current council members, nor the new candidates, will do a DARN THING for Vallejo.
get informed

Vallejo, CA

#9 Oct 15, 2013
Our greatest and almost only power is getting information, and getting involved.

You are right about balancing and correcting our great concentration of low income housing -- that is not something that is quickly fixed. That said, there is a group in town that is on it, learning and paying attention. I encourage you to do likewise. It's hard work, but the payoff is that it gives us a chance to start turning things around.

Just this year the Seabreeze apartment wanted to convert its market-rate housing to low-income subsidized housing. A group of us went to the hearings, pointed out that Vallejo's rental market is already 25% subsidized, and that complexes and neighborhoods that are 100% subsidized become ghettos. We won that round, amazing!

In this upcoming election, it's important to follow the money. Already outside interests have poured $75k into Jumpstart -- and they don't do that for charity. Unions are looking to reinstate binding arbitration, and outside landlords want to pre-empt rental registration that would keep them accountable for their buildings.

Get informed, it makes a difference!
Captain

Pleasanton, CA

#10 Oct 15, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct!!!! Old or new, none of the current council members, nor the new candidates, will do a DARN THING for Vallejo.
So I guess what you're saying is there's no need to vote because nothing will change. That statement couldn't be further from the truth. While change may be slow change needs to start somewhere. Where I will agree with you is that nothing will change until Vallejo's fiscal house in order. That will take time given the damage that has been done to this city's fiscal health due to abusive contracts and a load of pension debt which seems insurmountable; but you need to start somewhere.

That somewhere begins with electing responsible and financially prudent council members that put the City of Vallejo's long term health first and foremost. That benefits both Vallejo citizens and the employees in the long-term. This JumpStart nonsense and their promotion of Binding Arbitration tells me everything I need to know about their motives.

BINDING ARBITRATION will put VALLEJO right BACK INTO BANKRUPTCY. Any group promoting re-establishing this union favorite should be ignored and considered a threat to both taxpayers and the longevity of the City of Vallejo.
Sparky the Fire Dog

Vallejo, CA

#11 Oct 15, 2013
Yes Captain You are right , and spot on !! it will take time , but some results can be immediate . All the politicking and associated diatribe aside , the reality can be instant . The Frontal attack from the
IAFF is a reality .. Have their Membership Voted on this program ? Untill every Member of Vallejo Fire Department has Voted on this political action platform .. Well Riley and Company where are the votes ... ONLY UNTILL THE VALLEJO FIREFIGHTERS VOTE TO SUPPORT THIS AGENDA , CAN IT HAVE AN OUNCE OF RELEVENCE . OTHERWISE IT IS JUST PURE CRAP!!...
Did the Local Fire Fighters condone Your divisive
Garbage , What about the new Graduates from the fire academy ya know the ones that produced that awesome video . What about those that follow , what will be left for them ??, Perhaps Public service
will be their mantra .. The once taught might just have something to teach !!! What happened to the Brotherhood ? The unity and the good old fashioned
ethos of the "Firefighter" .. A handful of Politicos
does not a Fire Department make !!! The Boots on the ground firefighters need to take back the profession , You were once heroes , looked up to by
all of us Kids ... What happened ???
Captains finally right

San Francisco, CA

#12 Oct 15, 2013
Capatin said: "So I guess what you're saying is there's no need to vote because nothing will change"

If you are voting for a VIB candidate there is no need to vote because there are not enough VIB supporters to elect any of them.

That applies to Schivley, Meissner and Meitzenheimer.
sparky comic book writer

San Francisco, CA

#13 Oct 15, 2013
Sparky, stick to writing comic books.
Vibber times a thousand

Vallejo, CA

#14 Oct 15, 2013
spammy stick to reading hustler it is synonymous with your existence ... And so appropriate for your pathetic excuse for a Human ..
Captain

Pleasanton, CA

#15 Oct 15, 2013
Captains finally right wrote:
Capatin said: "So I guess what you're saying is there's no need to vote because nothing will change"
If you are voting for a VIB candidate there is no need to vote because there are not enough VIB supporters to elect any of them.
That applies to Schivley, Meissner and Meitzenheimer.
Sorry Jack A$$, what I said is this:

So I guess what you're saying is there's no need to vote because nothing will change. That statement couldn't be further from the truth. While change may be slow change needs to start somewhere. Where I will agree with you is that nothing will change until Vallejo's fiscal house in order. That will take time given the damage that has been done to this city's fiscal health due to abusive contracts and a load of pension debt which seems insurmountable; but you need to start somewhere.

That somewhere begins with electing responsible and financially prudent council members that put the City of Vallejo's long term health first and foremost. That benefits both Vallejo citizens and the employees in the long-term. This JumpStart nonsense and their promotion of Binding Arbitration tells me everything I need to know about their motives.

BINDING ARBITRATION will put VALLEJO right BACK INTO BANKRUPTCY. Any group promoting re-establishing this union favorite should be ignored and considered a threat to both taxpayers and the longevity of the City of Vallejo.
Whisperer

Vallejo, CA

#16 Oct 16, 2013
Ditto , Binding arbitration is but a myth , a game played by Parties that be , with an agenda to SCREW
the People , nothing more and nothing less . Just a good old fashioned SCREWING ....
cannon in d

Vallejo, CA

#17 Oct 16, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
cannon in d

Vallejo, CA

#18 Oct 16, 2013
but its worth a try
anon

Vallejo, CA

#19 Oct 16, 2013
Captain wrote:
<quoted text>
Judicial arbitration is a binding or non-binding process where an arbitrator applies the law to the facts of the case and issues an award.

Why would anyone want to apply "law" to the facts?
Loco belle

Vallejo, CA

#20 Oct 16, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Judicial arbitration is a binding or non-binding process where an arbitrator applies the law to the facts of the case and issues an award.
Why would anyone want to apply "law" to the facts?
In theory you are correct. The reality is that the arbitrators haven't followed the law and made decisions that eventually lead to Bankruptcy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Napa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Voices of Vallejo" keeps community in the dark (Aug '16) 1 hr Reckoning 39
Vallejo City Council to authorize negotiations ... 1 hr Reckoning 6
California Senators Feinstein, Harris voted aga... 1 hr quick don t answer 2
Partial collapse of pedestrian overcrossing pro... 1 hr Reckoning 7
Where is Sir Horton of NERDS!!! 2 hr Yoyo 707 23
Trump at Davos: Huh? 18 hr Meuller 4
News Up to 4,000 in Napa took part in this yeara s W... 18 hr it is to laugh 2

Napa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance