Marsh Fork Elementary School Rally

Posted in the Naoma Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Wow

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2009
I will contact the Raliegh County BOE on Monday and ask if these people have permission to conduct such a rally on school property. The law says no person can bring onto school property a weapon and by self admission of these rioters they are taking their weapon to the gates of Massey's mine and demand action. Weapon in this case a mob. Insighting a riot on state property is illegal as well. I may have to sue both groups as this is not how I chose for my tax dollars to be spent.
Wow

United States

#2 Jun 20, 2009
if anyone want to get an injunction on Monday morning to stop the rally I will list a few laws here as a school system is controlled by the state of west virginia and these laws apply

61-6-1b. Disorderly conduct; penalty.
(a) Any person who, in a public place, any office or office building of the state of West Virginia, or in the state capitol complex, or on any other property owned, leased, occupied or controlled by the state of West Virginia, a mobile home park, a public parking area, a common area of an apartment building or dormitory, or a common area of a privately owned commercial shopping center, mall or other group of commercial retail establishments, disturbs the peace of others by violent, profane, indecent or boisterous conduct or language or by the making of unreasonably loud noise that is intended to cause annoyance or alarm to another person, and who persists in such conduct after being requested to desist by a law-enforcement officer acting in his lawful capacity, is guilty of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, may be committed to the custody of the division of corrections for twenty-four hours or fined not more than one hundred dollars: Provided, That nothing in this subsection should be construed as a deterrence to the lawful and orderly public right to demonstrate in support or protest of public policy issues.
(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Mobile home park" means a privately owned residential housing area or subdivision wherein the dwelling units are comprised mainly of mobile homes and wherein the occupants of such dwelling units share common elements for purposes of ingress and egress, parking, recreation and other like residential purposes.

(2) "Mobile home" means a moveable or portable unit, designed and constructed to be towed on its own chassis (comprised of frame and wheels) and designed to be connected to utilities for year-round occupancy. The term includes:(A) Units containing parts that may be folded, collapsed or telescoped when being towed and that may be expanded to provide additional cubic capacity; and (B) units composed of two or more separately towable components designed to be joined into one integral unit capable of being separated again into the components for repeated towing.

(3) "Public parking area" means an area, whether publicly or privately owned or maintained, open to the use of the public for parking motor vehicles.
Wow

United States

#3 Jun 20, 2009
For those involved West Virginia laws allows you to report to their insurance company which allows them to do this
33-4-20. Cancellation, nonrenewal or limitation of coverage of life or sickness and accident insurance.
(a) For purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Abuse," as used in this section, means the occurrence of one or more of the following acts between family or household members:
(A) Attempting to cause or intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing physical harm to another with or without dangerous or deadly weapons;
(B) Placing another in reasonable apprehension of physical harm;
(C) Creating fear of physical harm by harassment, psychological abuse or threatening acts;
(D) Committing either sexual assault or sexual abuse as those terms are defined in articles eight-b and eight-d, chapter sixty-one of this code;
(E) Holding, confining, detaining or abducting another person against that person's will;
(F) Intentionally or recklessly damaging, destroying or taking the tangible property of another individual;
(G) Insulting, taunting or challenging another individual or engaging in a course of alarming or distressing conduct in a manner which is likely to provoke a violent or disorderly response or which is likely to cause humiliation, degradation or fear inanother individual;
(H) Trespassing on or in the property of another individual, or on or in property from which the trespasser has been excluded by court order;
(I) Child abuse or neglect, as defined in section three, article one, chapter forty-nine of this code;
(J) Kidnapping, concealment or removal of a minor child from his or her custodian or from a person entitled to visitation, as set forth in sections fourteen through fourteen-e, article two, chapter sixty-one of this code.
(2) "Family or household member" means current or former spouses, persons living as spouses, persons who formerly resided as spouses, parents, children and stepchildren, current or former sexual or intimate partners, other persons related by blood or marriage, persons who are presently or in the past have resided or cohabited together or a person with whom the victim has a child in common.
(3) "Victim of abuse," as used in this section, means an individual who has been or is subject to abuse, including, but not limited to, an individual who seeks, has sought or should have sought medical or psychological treatment for abuse, protection from abuse or shelter from abuse.
(b) For all policies issued or renewed after the effective date of this section, no person or entity engaged in the business of providing life or health insurance, or both, in this state may:
(1) Deny, refuse to issue, refuse to renew, refuse to reissue, cancel or otherwise terminate an insurance policy or restrict coverage on any individual because that individual is, has been or may be the victim of abuse;
(2) Add any surcharge or rating factor to a premium of an insurance policy because an individual has been or may be the victim of abuse;
(3) Exclude or limit coverage for losses or deny a claim incurred because an individual has been or may be the victim of abuse; or
(4) Require as part of the application process any information regarding whether that individual has been or may be the victim of abuse.
Wow

United States

#4 Jun 20, 2009
(c) Nothing in this section may be construed to prohibit a person from declining to issue an insurance policy insuring the life of an individual who is or has been the victim of abuse if the perpetrator of abuse is the applicant or would be the owner of the insurance policy.
(d) Nothing in this section may be construed to prohibit a person from underwriting or rating a risk on the basis of a preexisting physical or mental condition, even if the condition had been caused by abuse: Provided, That:
(1) The person routinely underwrites or rates the condition in the same manner with respect to an insured or an applicant who is not a victim of abuse;
(2) The fact that an individual is, has been, or may be the victim of abuse may not be considered a physical or mental condition; and
(3) The underwriting or rating is not used to evade the intent of this law or any other provision of law. A person may not be held civilly or criminally liable for any cause of action which may be brought because of compliance with this section.
Wow

United States

#5 Jun 20, 2009
I will be at work and to get an injunction one must appear but I am going to call and see if these people have been permitted to have their rally on tax payer land.

Since: Jun 09

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Jun 20, 2009
wow you are doing a great job and this is what is needed. i have to be at work myself on monday so i will not be around but i am taking off tuesday so i can attend the rally. i have the video cameras ready with memory cards to switch in and out for recording all actions. the idea of the injunction is a great idea. someone told me that when the little ones were at the mf ballfield trying to practice ball the supporters came and took pictures of the children and the mining location. i think there are laws they are break8ing and it is time to hire an attorney to put them to a full stop.
informed citizen

Beckley, WV

#7 Jun 20, 2009
Reactions to the dragline stunt posted on the video page.

The video is a joke. Seven and a half minutes edited out of who knows how many minutes out of footage shot by the PROTESTERS. Give me a break! How bias can you get?

The narrator evens notes at the end that the tensions were a little high. Watch about halfway when the camera moves away from what the protesters are doing right before you see them pushing against the lone worker on the platform.

Charleston Gazette's blogger posted the video information and cut off the comments section. I wonder why?

BTW - I didn't see any shaking of the dragline.

This action costs $10,000 to get the protesters out of jail. The groups called for $18,000 donations just a week or so before -$28,000 this month in fines..plus the money for the protesters to get to the sites, the living expenses for those spending the summer on Coal Creek - helicopter costs etc.

If the protesters are so concerned about the school, why not put this money in the pennies of promise campaign?(Ed Wiley walking to DC)

http://climategroundzero.org/2009/06/mountain...
informed citizen

Beckley, WV

#8 Jun 20, 2009
diva2ew wrote:
wow you are doing a great job and this is what is needed. i have to be at work myself on monday so i will not be around but i am taking off tuesday so i can attend the rally. i have the video cameras ready with memory cards to switch in and out for recording all actions. the idea of the injunction is a great idea. someone told me that when the little ones were at the mf ballfield trying to practice ball the supporters came and took pictures of the children and the mining location. i think there are laws they are break8ing and it is time to hire an attorney to put them to a full stop.
Need to check WV on filming minor children without parental permission. If no law against filming children on public property, what about the broadcasting of film? internet? television? Why take film if no intent to post it somewhere?
queenie

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Jun 20, 2009
informed citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Need to check WV on filming minor children without parental permission. If no law against filming children on public property, what about the broadcasting of film? internet? television? Why take film if no intent to post it somewhere?
I don't know what the laws are about all of that but I know that the school or parents cant take pics of the students while at school unless there is a concent form filled out by the childs parent/guardian. But the treehuggers have taken pics of the children before and there were two children that were filmed and broadcast after their mother plainly to the camera man to stop filming her children.

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Jun 20, 2009
If this has happened it needs to be reported to the proper authorities so the parents can take legal action. i know for a fact when they filmed in the evening time no one gave permission according to the grandparent I spoke with. i think it is way out of hands and now they have to pick the elementary school in order to have a rally.
gog

Richmond, VA

#11 Jun 20, 2009
the only weapons they have is stupidity and a whole lotta body odor they honestly stink

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Jun 20, 2009
You should see them when they were at the DQ the other night. they come in packs like animals and the smell arrives before they do. i really do not think they have electricity or water because they do not look like they are using either. they stink just think what is under those nasty clothes.
gog

Richmond, VA

#13 Jun 20, 2009
they are polluting our air with there stench
send them back

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Jun 21, 2009
we all need to think j.bonds, b.webb and the like for having brought these pieces of shi& to our area. ain't 1 or 2 ot them on the sex 0ffenders list. should be a law about them being so close to a school. after this is a over with we need to take a metal dector down and sweep the school grounds for lost needles and drop pills from the scanks.before the kids can play on the playground
queenie

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Jun 21, 2009
diva2ew wrote:
You should see them when they were at the DQ the other night. they come in packs like animals and the smell arrives before they do. i really do not think they have electricity or water because they do not look like they are using either. they stink just think what is under those nasty clothes.
oh they have power in 2 or 3 houses up there so the ones that are staying in tents and campers have no excuses either and as for water if they cant afford it in the houses the river runs right out front. The stink comes from being a bunch of no count,unwanted,sh*t stirring,tree hugging,scum.
HATE TREEHUGGERS

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Jun 21, 2009
I think when they start to give their so called speeches at MFES tuesday if we had some way to get a bunch of coal truck to drive by there really slow and just lay on the horns tree huggers need to go back where they come from and kathy mattea had family members that worked in the coal mines if anyone has a myspace you need to add her and tell her just what you think
billy

Ashburn, VA

#17 Jun 21, 2009
good morning all you wonderful,kind-hearted,
beautiful,considerate,nice,edu cated,americans
who have decided only a certain class of people
should be on coal river,should have rights,and,
yes,even have the audacity to exist on the good
planet earth.

i see so many of my admiring public would like to see me there to wish me the best and tell me how much they respect me.i cannot turn my groupies down.

billy
billy

Ashburn, VA

#18 Jun 21, 2009
if you don't mind,i shall shampoo and condition my long,beautiful,naturally curly hair,take a good shower,using body wash[male],and soap.then
i shall shave,brush my few teeth,use mouthwash.
wives,control yourselves.i am not particuly into
[no pun intended]married women.

billy
informed citizen

Beckley, WV

#19 Jun 21, 2009
billy wrote:
good morning all you wonderful,kind-hearted,
beautiful,considerate,nice,edu cated,americans
who have decided only a certain class of people
should be on coal river,should have rights,and,
yes,even have the audacity to exist on the good
planet earth.
i see so many of my admiring public would like to see me there to wish me the best and tell me how much they respect me.i cannot turn my groupies down.
billy
Educated? How about you? You didn't even know who Ken Hechler was until I told you. Heck, you kept referring to the Governor as Mancini. LOL - I thought everyone in WV knew the Manchin family. A. James Manchin - former Secretary of State, head of the Farmer's Home Administration and the governor's uncle. The colorful character who's campaign was to get rid of junk vehicles & complain when anyone dissed WV.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much time you've spent in WV. I suspect not much. Do you even know that Governor Manchin's uncle was killed in a Farmington explosion in 1968?
billy

Ashburn, VA

#20 Jun 21, 2009
informed citizen,

not wishing to give the slightest of offense to you but i have told you many times i am a hermit.
would you please pull yourself up a file or site and inform yourself as to what that means? is
Reagan still president?

i repeat my invitation to you to be my guest at the protest.

billy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri Alright Already 4,269
sharon aliff and her 3some possy (Aug '13) Thu inWhitesvillecloseby 101
LHS Football 2017 Oct 14 Trisha 5
Mattsville road Oct 13 passing through 2
Roscoe Turner (Apr '17) Oct 8 Hope this helps 4
why do family members stab you in the back (Mar '09) Oct 7 Fatima 40
Heather foley&& stephanie jane Sep 29 Red rocket 1

Naoma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance