community suggestions.and discussions

Posted in the Naoma Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
giveafeces

Ashburn, VA

#1 Mar 28, 2009
no coal here folks.no telling each other of,no insults or profanity either.i'll try my damn best to hold to that myself.the d--n was a joke.lol.
lets confine this one to making suggestions as
how to improve our valley AS A COMMUNITY !!!!
lets discuss them on here and talk to our
neighbors about them and put their thoughts on here also.WE can do this!!!! it's time we started acting like a COMMUNITY again!!!!!!
coalminers daughter

Beckley, WV

#2 Mar 28, 2009
I think this is a great idea. First of all we could try to call a "town meeting" and discuss what is important to us. My kids welfare is top on my list. I would love for them to enjoy living here and not fear that they are going to get ran over by some drunk or pill head. One of my greatest fears is one day they will be approached by a drug dealer. When I was growing up here you never heard of drug dealers in this area. I don't know how we let them come in and take over. I would also love to see some place designated just for the kids. Some place they could go to have good clean fun without fear of being ran over or bullied or tempted with drugs and so on....

Mt. View school would have been a good place, but now it is a snake den of druggies and alcoholics. I wish there was something we could do to get rid of them. Nothing is going to change unless we band together as a community and do something about it.

It would be wonderful to have a place to have community BBQs, picnics, Easter Egg hunts for the kids, the list could go on and on. Maybe one day it will happen.

Thanks for reading.
giveafeces

Chesterhill, OH

#3 Mar 29, 2009
mrs.coalminers daughter,
you have came with some most excellant suggestions!may i add some recommendations without
you hating me for it?apparently i can peeve people
off by walking past them 100 feet away.
on the meetings,start small.have individual community meetings in hollows and major communities on rt.3.then go to a couple of
communities meeting together at a time.add more
communities at every couple of meetings till you
have valley community meetings.have like a coldcut
lunch after each meeting.as much as i detest
having to say this,before you have meetings to
nominate people to drive up and down where you
live to protect your property from[a awful lot
of expletives deleted here]house thieves.
have someone check out the park below sylvester for you.would be a great place,i believe,to do a
lot of the things you mention like picnics,easter
egg hunts,and cookouts.will handle large meetings also.
more. have a great day!
giveafeces

Chesterhill, OH

#4 Mar 29, 2009
mrs.coalminers daughter,
community picnics and all of that is a WONDERFUL
idea.
here are some recomendations on it.basically,as a nation,civil and constituitional rights have
been set to the side constantly.i reluctantly
recommend this.when a serious drug abuser or a serious alkie tries to attend them have 6-7
guys casually step in front of them,don't say
anything but how ALL children are invited but
they wish some of the parents had not came because
of having a bad influence on other kids.do NOT
even look at them or address the remarks to them.
set up something beforehand for several people,
two women with a carload of men following them,
to take the kids left there home.i'm a a--hole
about this type of thing,the men could even
mention that frequently as they casually back the
parents away.
have a great day!
giveafeces

Chesterhill, OH

#5 Mar 29, 2009
mrs.coalminers daughter,
i have a kind of strange request to make of you.
yeah,i want to use you to achieve my own goals.
please take this topic and run it's a-- off.i
think you are intelligent enough to do it.make it
a life goal.set your sights on what you want and
get vicious about it.contact hgsmom.contact
mrs.stoneking.as a matter of fact,contact everyone
on here that makes intelligent remarks
regardless of who made them.
talk to best friends,have them talk to their
best friends you don't know.push it,have it gather
speed and add volume to it.i believe that it will
soon run over anybody that gets in it's way.i
ask these things of you,this is too important to
have people turn away because of "giveafeces"
thank you very much! have a great day!
coalminers daughter

Beckley, WV

#6 Mar 29, 2009
I would love to help in any way possible. But, I can't do it alone. If we really want to take our communities back and make this a place safe for kids, then we will all have to work together. I hope I am not alone in this. But, as you can see "giveafeces", there seems to be little interest in this thread. I guess it is because we are trying to do some good and are not trashing anyone. It seems that is all most people on here are interested in doing.

So, here we are people! Listen up! We CAN make a difference if we ALL get involved. Let's make this a safe place for our kids to grow up. A place where they can make wonderful memories and hopefully a place where they will want to stay and raise their own families one day. If Coal River and all the hollows are going to survive, then we have to do something to keep families here and make it a desireable place for new families to move.
Lovemyneighborho od

AOL

#7 Mar 29, 2009
I couldn't agree more. I grew up in this area and my family is from this area. I miss the park that used to be in Montcoal. I have a lot of memories of there.

“......Country Girl......”

Since: Nov 08

Pine Grove, WV

#8 Mar 29, 2009
This coming weekend, April 3rd and 4th, is the Easter Bazaar at the Whitesville Salamy building. Talk to any of these people present. They are all community business owners and want to make these communities along the river the best possible place to live. I encourage everyone to stop by and check out the event and strike up a conversation with these wonderful women. You will probably recongize several of them from the community.

There will also be hot dogs and refreshments for sale to benefit a local non-profit group. I believe it is the Pettus Food Pantry, but don't quote me on that, I will check in the morning and try post back.

I regret not being there this weekend to help with such event but have prior engagements. My husband and I both woulde more than happy to discuss community issues and events with anyone and be some of the first to step up and help with anything suggested.
just an idea

United States

#9 Mar 30, 2009
I think they should put in a park where marsh fork high school was i think a basketball court playground a walking track and some picnic tables and some other stuff would be really nice and maybe there wont be so many kids getting into other things but it is just an idea
giveafeces

Dillonvale, OH

#10 Mar 30, 2009
don't delude yourself into thinking that was
just an idea,just an idea.that is a wonderful suggestion.that's the thing we need here.talk to
your friends,get them on here.we need a lot of people to start talking on here,we need to start discussing these, pick some,and get the whole
community to work towards them.
thank you very much!!! have a great day!!!
giveafeces

Ashburn, VA

#11 Mar 30, 2009
i guess now is the time i should make a little
confession.i really hope it doesn't identify me
because i am really not the type of person any of
you would like so i want to stay in the background
as much as possible.
quite often i have been asked why i don't get out into the community.why i am on the computer
so much.i suffer from epilepsy due to a injury i recieved while in the service to the head.i suffer
from both petit and grande mal seizures.
i use the maximum dosage of the strongest
medicine for this.it,like all the ones i have
taken before,is starting to fail to control them.
i am no danger to anyone else.
however,i refuse to be in public with that
hanging over me.i refuse to let a bunch of people
that i know see me fall down all of a sudden,start
to go into convulsions[body's attempt to jump
start my heart,which stops beating,]and slobber
and pee my pants.after a seizure,it takes minutes
to even recover enough to even be aware of where
i'm at.
i hope people can be understanding enough to
forgive me.
thank you,each and everyone!!!!!!!!!!
have a great day!
proud mother - coal river

Beckley, WV

#12 Mar 30, 2009
just an idea wrote:
I think they should put in a park where marsh fork high school was i think a basketball court playground a walking track and some picnic tables and some other stuff would be really nice and maybe there wont be so many kids getting into other things but it is just an idea
I think this is a wonderful idea! I think if every student (not parents) would send a letter to all the local coal companies then MAYBE just MAYBE they may help. I know this may sound crazy but you just never know. Have them send letters to the newspaper office so that this idea may get some attention. Ideas such as this needs to get all the attention that it can so that more people find out about it and can give their input. I would be wiling to help you with this.
giveafeces

Ashburn, VA

#13 Mar 30, 2009
thank you very much,proud mother.
shouldn't stick my nose in but find i must!
i'm so proud [no pun intended]that you joined us.
proud of YOU, not what i hope i have started.that
means far more to me than anything else.you are a
fantastic person!!
have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!
proud mother - coal river

Beckley, WV

#14 Mar 30, 2009
MrsStoneking wrote:
This coming weekend, April 3rd and 4th, is the Easter Bazaar at the Whitesville Salamy building. Talk to any of these people present. They are all community business owners and want to make these communities along the river the best possible place to live. I encourage everyone to stop by and check out the event and strike up a conversation with these wonderful women. You will probably recongize several of them from the community.
There will also be hot dogs and refreshments for sale to benefit a local non-profit group. I believe it is the Pettus Food Pantry, but don't quote me on that, I will check in the morning and try post back.
I regret not being there this weekend to help with such event but have prior engagements. My husband and I both woulde more than happy to discuss community issues and events with anyone and be some of the first to step up and help with anything suggested.
Did you find out which non-profit group this will benefit? I have been telling people about this but I told them I was unsure about what it was for.
Do you have any information about the pool in Whitesville? Do you know if anyone is planning to try and fix it? Who could I contact about this?
Strip miners baby

Elkins, WV

#15 Mar 30, 2009
I would like to start of with a full hearted apology to you giveafeces for the rude comments I have made to you. I am sorry for treating you the way I did. You see, there is someone very dear to me who also has epilepsy. I know how this effects to self esteem and the fear of it happening in a public place. I am very ashamed of the things I said to you. I hope you can forgive me.

**(My other opinions remane the same, you can't wear me down that easily.... LoL)

Now I would like to make a suggestion, It would be great to have a youth football league in this area, alot of kids play from all over this river, but we have to drive to Liberty High School for them to practice 4 days a week and all of the games are there or on out in beckley. We have a perfect football field at Marsh Fork Elem. Just think how many kids could enjoy playing football, cheerleading, dance teams, and even little pom-pom girls. Just a thought :))
Craney Creek Oceana

United States

#16 Mar 30, 2009
Hey do you guys know the Spanish men that are staying there in Whitesville well my friend is married to one and i think he is cheatin on her
love

Beckley, WV

#17 Mar 30, 2009
i am also a coal miners daughter. and i also have members in my family with epilepsy.that is no excuse for being rude and talk about drunks. stand down at lloyds store and watch the coalminers going and coming from work most stop in for their beer to drink coming and going.so yes its noy safe on the roads. thank you!!!!!!!!!!but as far as the kids go i agree. they should come first.
giveafeces

Ashburn, VA

#18 Mar 31, 2009
love,
please,if you want to say something negative about me please use the topic "giveafeces".
this is not the place to do it.promise i will answer you.no offense but we are trying to keep
that kind of stuff off a couple topics.
thank you very much and have a nice day!!!
giveafeces

Ashburn, VA

#19 Mar 31, 2009
craney creek oceana,
no offense,but on this topic we are NOT going to
be sidetracked by something like that.please
understand that.there are quite a few topics on
here that could handle something like that far
better.please use them.a suggestion.both you and
your friend combine resources and hire a
detective.
thank you,have a great day!!
giveafeces

Ashburn, VA

#20 Mar 31, 2009
mrs,strip miners baby,
if this doesn't offend you: hon,there is nothing
to apologize for,nothing to be sorry about,nothing
to be ashamed about,and most DEFINITELY nothing
to be forgiven for.it seems to me i should be
saying all those things to you.i do so now.
i would not have much respect for you if you
didn't stick to your opinions.
i want to thank you for your suggestion. a most
excellant one.offhand i can see where we could
accomplish that with relatively low cash outflow.
my recommendation is that we pursue this one.
whoa!! that shadow in the back of my pea size brain came forward and said;how about highly chaperoned dance's for teens.no booze,no drugs,
no sex,no fighting,just good fun.clean fun.
it also said;picnics for kids only.chaperoned also heavily.i,m sure this community could come up
a lot of outside games for them.i think those kids
would get a big kick out of that.a 3-4 hour recess with lunch thrown in? they would love it.
good thing i added discussions to this.makes
me feel a little better about constantly opening
my big mouth.
thank you very much,dear,for joining this little group!have a absolutely wonderful day !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 1 hr besthavemovedaway 785
Subway (Sep '12) Wed forreal 6
Debate: Marijuana - Dorothy, WV (Aug '10) Sep 1 Alex Mcmillon 7
Ricks supermarket (Mar '11) Sep 1 Bag Man 31
town of Whitesville - sad (Sep '13) Sep 1 worked for them u... 18
drug dealers (Nov '12) Jul '15 stinkin drunks 32
Where is CW? Jul '15 youknow 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Naoma Mortgages