U.S. aid worker released from Haiti jail

U.S. aid worker released from Haiti jail

There are 8 comments on the CNN story from Dec 30, 2010, titled U.S. aid worker released from Haiti jail. In it, CNN reports that:

An American relief worker jailed in Haiti under suspicion of kidnapping a 15-month-old boy has been released, the man told CNN Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

indy

Mansfield, MA

#1 Dec 30, 2010
makes one think twice about helping people out in haiti..... glad to see he was released...... i hope the accusers go to jail now

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 30, 2010
Haiti should have kept him in prison indefinately. Those CIA agents think they can do what they want, anywhere they want. I wonder how much the CIA payed in bribes to get him out again. Maybe Wikileaks will find out for us soon. Let's hope!

“Watch out for snakes!”

Since: Mar 08

Over There

#3 Dec 30, 2010
The last two paragraphs of the article were beautiful.

We don't know if the U.S. State department were doing anything about it, but they were watching closely?
He was in prison for 2 weeks with people, who I'm assuming, were worse than the pieces of crap that put him in there.
But don't worry the U.S. was keeping an eye on you.
Just like watching kids play in the highway, don't worry, they are safe.....no one is dead yet

Location hidden

#4 Dec 30, 2010
An interesting observation, Freddy! Makes you wonder .... watching closely?

I like the standard, cryptic expression, "The President expressed concern"!

Since: Jul 08

Denver, NC

#5 Dec 30, 2010
I donated money to the DR after the Haiti earthquake.
indy

Mansfield, MA

#6 Dec 30, 2010
Annie Muk wrote:
Haiti should have kept him in prison indefinately. Those CIA agents think they can do what they want, anywhere they want. I wonder how much the CIA payed in bribes to get him out again. Maybe Wikileaks will find out for us soon. Let's hope!
.....innocent till proven guilty ....remember when oj was accused of being a killer.... and where did it say he was a cia agent? but good to know the cia is doing humanitarian work in haiti huh?...hey, look out behind you, its the cia.... hows the paranoia doing?
jean

AOL

#7 Dec 30, 2010
I think the corrupt justice system in haiti is making progress just a little innocent until proven guilty that story didn't add up I'm glad he's free my advise to him is to get the hell out now the us aid worker is doing a wonderful job by helping those people with clean water building sewage system sanitation infrastructure so far many of them have a roof over their heads their own government doesn't give a damn about them or the country may god bless them be safe and have a happy new year

Location hidden

#8 Dec 30, 2010
indy wrote:
<quoted text>.... hey, look out behind you, its the cia.... hows the paranoia doing?
The paranoi? Oh, it's resting quietly beside the WMD's in Irak, the secret American prisons in Europe, Water Gate, the junta of Chile, Argentina, Philippines, Panama, Guatamala,etc, the Cuba Crisis, Operation TP Ajax, Iran Gate, Monsanto's endeavours in Latin America, the Tuskegee Experiment and a vast number of other "make-believe fantasies" of mine.

And how's the denial doing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nantucket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
measeles Jun '15 taz 1
Pillars of Hercules (Jul '14) Jun '15 anonymous 26
William B Smith May '15 helentourigny 1
News William B. Smith, Jr., 87 May '15 Helentourigny 2
Seasonal Housing Help May '15 jadeyrenn 1
News Falmouth schools closed Friday; fourth straight... May '15 other learning 1
News Friday school closings, reopenings May '15 other learning 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nantucket Mortgages