Senators collect $74G in travel reimb...

Senators collect $74G in travel reimbursements - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 15 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Jan 17, 2011, titled Senators collect $74G in travel reimbursements - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

THE HOUSE AND SENATE. There were no roll-call votes in the House or Senate last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Fizbo

Leominster, MA

#1 Jan 17, 2011
Flanagan, only 78 days? This needs further explanation...
Big Dan

Tyngsboro, MA

#2 Jan 17, 2011
No travel pay. It is either public service or a money making enterprise. Nobody forces these ego maniacs to seek elective office. None of them couldn't be replaced.

No travel pay!!
Sue-Shirley

Ayer, MA

#3 Jan 17, 2011
Big Dan wrote:
No travel pay. It is either public service or a money making enterprise. Nobody forces these ego maniacs to seek elective office. None of them couldn't be replaced.
No travel pay!!
I totally agree? How many of us get paid to travel to work, or for our lunches while at work?! These people all have big bucks anyway. Kudos to those who did NOT seek re-imbursement!!
Fizbo

Leominster, MA

#4 Jan 17, 2011
Don't forget the FREE parking in the garage at the State House also.

PF
Lynda

Tyngsboro, MA

#5 Jan 18, 2011
Big Dan wrote:
No travel pay!!
I agree 100%. Whatever happened to public service?
smiling

Worcester, MA

#6 Jan 18, 2011
Don't forget the free gas tax money for pocket change. Notice the gas tax went up,in Taxachusetts the poor politicians had to take a cut in their pay raise. But they found other renews :)
Disagree

Leominster, MA

#7 Jan 18, 2011
These people are our legislators and earn their perks. They are responsible for writing important laws like No one can drive a car with a gorilla in the back seat, also it's illegal to snore in your bedroom unless all windows are closed and secured. Don't beleive do a search on dumb Mass laws. Then maybe you will appreciate the hard work they do.
Not Oz

Leominster, MA

#8 Jan 18, 2011
What's even better is how they buy their cars with money from their campaign funds, becasue they wrote that law too. What a f-ing joke.
Grape Ape

North Adams, MA

#9 Jan 18, 2011
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Stop whining, nothing is free.
Queen Whiner

Lenox, MA

#10 Jan 21, 2011
I will whine all i want, its a free country!
Gary Player

Lenox, MA

#11 Jan 21, 2011
The Massachusetts Legislative our State Country Club.
Nancy

Tyngsboro, MA

#12 Jan 21, 2011
Lynda wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. Whatever happened to public service?
NH pays very little. In that state serving is still about service.
Nancy Drew

Amherst, MA

#13 Jan 21, 2011
In NH they only meet two weeks a year and there are no constituent services. They can keep a real job too since they are free the other 50 weeks of the year. That is nothing like what we have here.
Supporter of Jen Flanagan

Leominster, MA

#14 Jan 21, 2011
Fizbo wrote:
Flanagan, only 78 days? This needs further explanation...
She is there every week. Besides she spends a lot of time doing work in her office in
Boston and here in Leominster, including weekends and after hours. Like I said, she's doing her job, and if you don't like it, RUN FOR OFFICE.
Supporter of Jen Flanagan

Leominster, MA

#15 Jan 21, 2011
Fizbo. What kind of name is that? Sounds like a comic book character or somebody from the "Lord of the Rings" movies. Must be related to Bilbo Baggins...ha ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nantucket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Massachuse... (Oct '10) Jan 9 Raydot 13
Joseph Low—Midcentury Edgartown Illustrator & P... Oct '17 Nolan Pelletier 1
The Little Crooked House (Apr '12) Oct '17 David Evans 9
News Police arrest Hyannis robbery suspects (Oct '08) Oct '17 Sour grapes 15
Mark Clifford Sep '17 Lil heat wave 1
News Where the Obamas, Trumps are vacationing new Aug '17 Red Crosse 44
Pillars of Hercules (Jul '14) Jun '17 anonymous 36

Nantucket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nantucket Mortgages