Mass. regulators approve offshore win...

Mass. regulators approve offshore wind-power deal

There are 5 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 22, 2010, titled Mass. regulators approve offshore wind-power deal. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

State utility regulators on Monday approved a 15-year power-purchase deal between the nation's first offshore wind farm and its first customer, saying the arrangement is in the public interest and its benefits exceeds its costs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Justsayen

Lancaster, MA

#1 Nov 23, 2010
Public hearings! What public hearings? Oh maybe the ones down the Cape. Were there any for the people who are going to be forced to pay for this? If you have National Grid, bend over, if they’re saying it will double, it probably means at least 200%. Great, I spend around $120.00 a month now; in 3 years it will be around $360.00. And to think I was worried about getting the property tax relief I was promised! Nice job Deval.
BigBensGuidetoCh icks

Somerville, MA

#2 Nov 23, 2010
State utility regulators = Thanks! A S H O L E S !
Mike J

Lakeland, FL

#3 Nov 24, 2010
Just another big business being BIG business.
ddd

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Nov 24, 2010
This whole thing sux. There are cheaper alternatives, this is NOT in the public's interest, and the rest of us will end up footing the bloated bill.

Deval for sticking it to us once again!
No Kidding

Augusta, ME

#5 Nov 27, 2010
Hey what do you expect! Devil is going to get his payoff at a later planned time, Ian Bowels I mean Bowles is an energy guy. He knows nothing about anything else, and he controls the DPU. This is what you get when you elect a Governor who has been tossed from every corporate job that he was involved in. OH yeah, They called it "Reorganiztion" so not upset him and the race card tactics of strong arming, As taught by the those famous "Reverends"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nantucket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pillars of Hercules (Jul '14) Jun '17 anonymous 36
Tae kwon do on Nantucket for kids? Apr '17 jrsdc 1
Child raper Apr '17 Lil heat wave 1
News Father to be charged after 3-year-old girl shoo... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Ian 1
The Little Crooked House (Apr '12) Sep '16 David Evans 6
News Obama returning from summer vacation ready for ... (Aug '16) Sep '16 Newt G 3
News Man Paints Dog (Sep '16) Sep '16 Marley Honey 18

Nantucket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nantucket Mortgages