Sen. John Kerry docks new boat in Rho...

Sen. John Kerry docks new boat in Rhode Island, saving taxes

There are 259 comments on the MassLive.com story from Jul 23, 2010, titled Sen. John Kerry docks new boat in Rhode Island, saving taxes. In it, MassLive.com reports that:

Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry is docking his family's new $7 million yacht in neighboring Rhode Island, allowing him to avoid paying roughly $500,000 in taxes to the cash-strapped Bay State.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MassLive.com.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#249 Jul 28, 2010
DavidH64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you smoking crack IG? Kerry hires illegals.
Kerry's First Mate:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

“Knowledge IS Power”

Since: Apr 09

Allentown

#250 Jul 28, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you physically face the family, friend or spouse of every dead vietnam soldier and tell them thanks but their courage was useless and unnecessary, then we can talk.
What the [email protected] are you talking about? Are you an a$$hole or something?

I wasn't really takking to you anyway. I was agreeing with the sentiment that Vietnam was an unpopular war. I was also acknowledging the willingness to cut some slack to those who took an out if they had one.

What good would it do to do as you say?

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#251 Jul 28, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the premise this nation was founded on. And those who took a bullet for my liberty to refuse to stand beside them? Well, I couldn't face them with any pride or dignity.
I have it in my power to change the leadership of this country, but the soldier who has given their life for mine, I have not the power to raise them from the dead.
The premises that this country were founded on have been under assault for decades by the socialistic, far left and a full fledged assault By Obama and the radicals now, with the collusion of the LSM.

Quite frankley i don't understand what you're saying re the draft dodgers.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#252 Jul 28, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you physically face the family, friend or spouse of every dead vietnam soldier and tell them thanks but their courage was useless and unnecessary, then we can talk.
The case could be made Virtually every war in history was useless. 500, 000 dead in the civil war, another 565,000 dead in WWII. If these circumstances arose now and the "opponent was perceived as being leftists, the left would be rioting in the streets to prevent a war.

The North Vietnamese were tyranical, brutal communists and they invaded the peaceful south, we withdrew and they enslaved them. Remember the Khmer Rouge? I believe they were leftists and they slaughtered millions. So did Stalin and Mao.

Since: Oct 08

Lilburn, GA

#253 Jul 29, 2010
Two words libs hate...Volunteer ARmy....they cannot believe that young people today are brave enough to do what they were too chickenshit to do, serve and protect, there is no higher calling....libs recall their ponytailed draft draft dodging, draft card burning hippie days with shame and embarrassment.

“More taxes ???”

Since: Jan 09

Need MORE taxes ???

#254 Jul 29, 2010
inbred Genius wrote:
Two words libs hate...Volunteer ARmy....libs recall their ponytailed draft draft dodging, draft card burning hippie days with shame and embarrassment.
No they don't ... they proudly brandish the fact they dodged to Canada as a badge of honor in the name of freedom of choice.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#255 Jul 29, 2010
disenchanted taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't ... they proudly brandish the fact they dodged to Canada as a badge of honor in the name of freedom of choice.
Or in the case of William Jefferson Clinton, go to Communist Russia.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#256 Jul 29, 2010
disenchanted taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't ... they proudly brandish the fact they dodged to Canada as a badge of honor in the name of freedom of choice.
Not if they're running for office.
mayo420

Curtis Bay, MD

#257 Jul 30, 2010
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankley i don't understand what you're saying re the draft dodgers.
To be honest? Me neither. My whole point, I don't hear anyone presenting a logical understanding either. Those that claim to, I challenge to explain. So far none have risen acceptably to the challenge.
mayo420

Curtis Bay, MD

#258 Jul 30, 2010
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text> The case could be made Virtually every war in history was useless. 500, 000 dead in the civil war, another 565,000 dead in WWII. If these circumstances arose now and the "opponent was perceived as being leftists, the left would be rioting in the streets to prevent a war.
The North Vietnamese were tyranical, brutal communists and they invaded the peaceful south, we withdrew and they enslaved them. Remember the Khmer Rouge? I believe they were leftists and they slaughtered millions. So did Stalin and Mao.
I sense a very strong and fundamental bias in your post. Therefore it would be difficult to near impossible to delve into any logical debate on the issue with you. Not that your opinions are wrong. But if you discovered they were flawed you do not seem like you'd be willing to change a thing anyway. That is probably a better debate than the one at hand.
Rex Wayne

Belle Vernon, PA

#259 Jul 30, 2010
Kerry just flew back from Arizona where he picked up a 'crew' for the new yacht which was paid for by H.J. Heinz! The private jet is also owned by Heinz.
If John Heinz could come back he'd tear lurch's head off and shyt down his throat.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#260 Jul 30, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest? Me neither. My whole point, I don't hear anyone presenting a logical understanding either. Those that claim to, I challenge to explain. So far none have risen acceptably to the challenge.
I thought i stated my case quite cleary, either we forgive ALL of them or we criticize ALL of them. To repeat, it was a difficult time. One other thing I will state as fact is that the lower classes were accepting their draft notices, while it was the more affluent who were dodging the draft.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#261 Jul 30, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense a very strong and fundamental bias in your post. Therefore it would be difficult to near impossible to delve into any logical debate on the issue with you. Not that your opinions are wrong. But if you discovered they were flawed you do not seem like you'd be willing to change a thing anyway. That is probably a better debate than the one at hand.


So, in other words, one of the intelligentsia, like yourself, finds me ignorant, pigheaded and stupid? Well, at least you can say it politely, which puts you head and shoulders above most of the clowns on here.
Gstspkr

United States

#262 Jul 30, 2010
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
<quoted text>But living in the great-to-be-a-rich-guy economy of Bush I would given a boat? Bush 1 & Bush 2, both Ivy League educated, or did you just ignore that?
Moron.
Not at all, under Bush, if you earn, save, invest, then you keep and contribute to society in your own diverse way.Under Obama/Kerry you earn, save, and consign all you accumulate to them, because you or I don't have the intellect, compassion, political focus, or RIGHT to make a difference in the manner of our choosing. Why must we regress and enslave not only ourselves, but our neighbors as well. From William Penn to Karl Marx, they have only proven that everyone in a commune system is primarily concerned about getting their "fair share" of the collective resource. William Penn discovered if a man works for what HE eats, then he becomes quite resourceful and industrious if his only other options are to starve, steal, or beg. When each member pulls their own weight, the whole group becomes stronger, closer knit, and more able to contribute as THEY SEE FIT. I am for limited government, because government is composed of men like myself. Men who loose focus rather quickly, and begin to dwell on getting "my fair share" of what you labored for.
mayo420

Curtis Bay, MD

#263 Jul 30, 2010
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in other words, one of the intelligentsia, like yourself, finds me ignorant, pigheaded and stupid? Well, at least you can say it politely, which puts you head and shoulders above most of the clowns on here.


Call it shell shock from to many topix posts. "Left" is a broad sweeping term in this nation today. My mom was a democrat. My dad was a marine in ww2 and a democrat. They are therefore classified as the left in America. Both fought against socialism, praised our democracy and principles. I am always a bit offended when they are casually grouped together with tyrants and brutal murderers. The term is slung around with abandon.

Intelligensia? Hardly, or I wouldn't be wasting my time here doncha think? I apologize if my read on your reply is in error.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#264 Jul 30, 2010
mayo420 wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it shell shock from to many topix posts. "Left" is a broad sweeping term in this nation today. My mom was a democrat. My dad was a marine in ww2 and a democrat. They are therefore classified as the left in America. Both fought against socialism, praised our democracy and principles. I am always a bit offended when they are casually grouped together with tyrants and brutal murderers. The term is slung around with abandon.
Intelligensia? Hardly, or I wouldn't be wasting my time here doncha think? I apologize if my read on your reply is in error.
Apology accepted, tell dad semper fi.[1970-73]

Yes, the terms left and right are thrown around, unfortunately that's essentially the 2 party system we have. I certainly resent being grouped in with the relatively few far right evangelists who are supposedly trying to turn our land into a theocracy.

Since: Apr 10

Glendale, AZ

#265 Jul 31, 2010
It's being reported by CNN that John Kerry stubbed his toe while on his yacht and he has since nominated himself for a Purple Heart.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#266 Jul 31, 2010
Maybe King George will go for a ride after the wedding and he can write the whole thing off.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#267 Jul 31, 2010
inbred Genius wrote:
Two words libs hate...Volunteer ARmy....they cannot believe that young people today are brave enough to do what they were too chickenshit to do, serve and protect, there is no higher calling....libs recall their ponytailed draft draft dodging, draft card burning hippie days with shame and embarrassment.
Great post, and so true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nantucket Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pillars of Hercules (Jul '14) Jun 26 anonymous 31
News Change of venue sought in rape case May '16 Jenny 3
News Edgartown paints the town Pink and Green May '16 NIBarnett 2
News Jester high jinks: Joey the Magic Clown wows bo... May '16 Linda 1
News Edgartown fisherman will open new fish market i... May '16 Linda 1
News Hollywood film to revisit events on Chappaquidd... May '16 Linda 1
News Island housing experts will examine landlord, t... May '16 Angeline 1

Nantucket Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nantucket Mortgages