Africans in Africa
rani-chan

Honolulu, HI

#1 Aug 30, 2007
I want my people to wake up...

The other day I was talking with an African guy from Kenya, who's never been to America until recently. And he was telling me about what they were teaching inside of his African text books.

He said they taught about slavery and very briefly did they go over what happened to the slaves after they were taken away from Africa. He said, he didn't know that Black people in Americans were actually from Africa because the text books never really went over it! He said that he wasn't even aware of all the things that had happened to Africans outside of Africa when they were sold until he came here to America and learned about it!

Isn't it scary how the mains sources we rely on for knowledge (such as our school history books) could be cutting out an entire part of our Black history!??

I mean, it seems we know a lot about what went on with us here in America (400 years of slavery, and also fighting for civil rights).

But my question is, how did we live in Africa BEFORE the Europeans came and took it over. I'm talking about the time after Egypt and BEFORE the 1500s AD when the Europeans started forcing their trade over in Africa.

Isn't anyone else curious about this?? Don't you think this part in our history is pretty significant if we want to move forward as a people!?
Barak

Honolulu, HI

#2 Apr 3, 2013
History is written by the conquerors - not the vanquished.
alice

United States

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Why did you revive this six-year old thread? How is this relevant today?
DA Roach Tool

Mililani, HI

#4 Apr 4, 2013
*Splat*.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nanakuli Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 10 min _FLATLINE-------- 3,333
The Muslim World is Broken (Sep '15) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 801
News Newswatch: Honolulu pimp gets 10-year sentence (Aug '15) 2 hr TheOne 3
Vote Djou!! 4 hr District 1 2
WTF? Ward Theatre! 5 hr district 1 shower... 3
Trump or Hillary 9 hr District 1 179
Keauhou Boy Lend Billy Bob some of your Mango M... 19 hr District 1 1

Nanakuli Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance