brian

Sachse, TX

#73 May 31, 2013
just for future reference, if anyone reads this thread.. VA disability cannot and will not be garnished. It is UNREPORTABLE income. I am a USMC veteran and I am deemed 90% by the VA. No one, not even for child support, can touch your VA benefits.

This makes me absolutely sick to hear stories of ex's drooling at a veteran's only means of supporting himself when he's in physical pain everyday either in his head or in his back.

VA COMPENSATION: UNREPORTABLE AND UNGARNISHABLE. Period.
Nell

Greenville, AL

#74 Jun 25, 2013
Well I no my baby dad is aint worth a shit he has never did anything for his child n never come bye to see him or nothing but he is only good for one thang is making babies wherever he lay his head with whoever n he want even pay childsupport he even lied to the judge saying that he don't have nothing and he won a big lawsuit and lied about that and the bad thang is they would not even let me talk on my behalf or show proof of what I have on him what a shame
Nell

Greenville, AL

#75 Jun 25, 2013
But all in all I'm the mother n da father for my child no matter what but one thang for show he going to need his chil more than his chil goin to need him one of these days
motorcitykitty

South Lyon, MI

#76 Jul 11, 2013
The fact of the matter here are the children which need and deserve the full support of both parents. It's down right negligence and ignorance that any parent would not want to meet the childs needs. Does it really matter that the couple may not be together or get along? It's absolutely disgusting that the payee would even bring up his/her past relationship, it is NOT about them, get over it! Oh so sad when that person applies for disability and the state takes it, bummer should have maintained your obligation from the start and you wouldn't be so far behind! Infuriated that people would encourage "dead-beats"
margie

Hortense, GA

#77 Jul 13, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
I am just curious if anyone knows if child support could be garnished from my brother's disability check. He just got approved from the VA for 50% disability. Just wondering if his sorry ex-wife finds out would his check be garnished for the child support. He is an Army Veteran (OIF) and is now unable to work. He is scheduled to go back to child support court at the end of this month. Should he tell them about the disability payments or keep quiet?
yes he needs to tell them and they can take out of his check. if he was to get ssi then not but everything else yes
Laura

Sikeston, MO

#78 Jul 13, 2013
margie wrote:
<quoted text>yes he needs to tell them and they can take out of his check. if he was to get ssi then not but everything else yes
. They take $ from my husbands ssi disability check for chd support every month
a single mother

Montgomery, AL

#79 Jul 26, 2013
Jennifer wrote:
I am just curious if anyone knows if child support could be garnished from my brother's disability check. He just got approved from the VA for 50% disability. Just wondering if his sorry ex-wife finds out would his check be garnished for the child support. He is an Army Veteran (OIF) and is now unable to work. He is scheduled to go back to child support court at the end of this month. Should he tell them about the disability payments or keep quiet?
It is sad thay you expect your sister in law to take care of the kids bye herself he made those kids with him not you if the shoes were on the other foot you would want your children father to help.
a single mother

Montgomery, AL

#80 Jul 26, 2013
Children need both support from both parents. Its hard to support children as it is. I don't believe no one or no woman is just trying to make his life hell a single mother is just trying to make the ends meet.
caring parent

United States

#82 Aug 14, 2013
Children are a blessing dead beat dad needs to step up.
damn

Waverly Hall, GA

#84 Sep 2, 2013
If he was able enough to have sex and a make a baby he is fully able to support the child don't be a deadbeat pay up
Karen

Mayfield, KY

#85 Oct 21, 2013
I had two children and I raised two children without chasing a man to do it. I made a carefully planned choice and worked. If a woman has a child, and she is in total control on this, then she should be willing to raise the child with or without a man. There is nothing worse than to have a child then cry wanting someone else to support you and the child. Why do so many woman use having a child as an excuse to get money? If you do not want children or know that you can not support one on your own then keep your legs together. Yes it takes a man to fertilize your egg but why let that happen then blame him for the next 21 years because of your own choice. If he does not or can not be there that is his choice and no woman should be allowed to force anything from him. I believe all woman should be held accountable for what they do in life and not get away with crying over their own mistakes and demanding someone else pay the price for what they do. My two boys are well educated and working tax paying people now and not having a man around did not hurt them in any way. They knew from the time of birth that they were wanted and planned for. They know who their father is and have a relationship but I never ask him for one dime and we all got along great in our separate homes. They talk with him about life's challenges and are best friends. I lived my life and he lived his with no strings. It has been a rewarding experience and everyone is happy.
teetsie

Europe

#86 Oct 26, 2013
nothin but a bunch of money grubbing whöres
radbabydoll23

Plymouth, MI

#87 Oct 30, 2013
Look this is crazy. I work 2 jobs raising my son on my own. His father don't see him or do anything for him. Evey month is a fight to get my support. I'm a strong woman and I take care of my son! I didn't file for support until two years. This va crap is irritating. He's more than capable to work and he won't. Don't pay support don't see his son at all... he's too busy parting... So in my defense he should have to pay BC I've done it on my own. I've got a house. He don't. I got an nice car. He don't. I worked two jobs. He don't. So as far as I'm concerned my son deserves that money BC he don't even have a dad... Men lay down and have kids they can HELP support them. Can't believe the army wouldn't stick up for families and make their solder's support their family. Also BTW these men claim us and get more money so if they get money to help take care of us why aren't they forced to take care of his kids. No they can collect for us and drink it away.
Jennifer

Grovetown, GA

#89 Oct 31, 2013
Beka,

Thank you for your service and all of the Vets that have posted on this thread. Thank you all for your personal stories although some comments were rather hateful and uncalled for. My brother is a hero and it's a shame that good Dads like him can be slung through the mud and ultimately be raped financially while the ex spouse can do absolutely nothing to help take care of the children. Every situation is different and I do feel badly for those who have had to struggle because the father (or mother) took off and has given no support. One day my ex sister-in-law will have to pay for all the harm and evil she has done to our family by keeping the kids away from us and telling lies about us on Facebook and any other social media she can log onto. She will reap what she sows and I have faith that God will handle her. I really just feel sorry for my niece and nephew. They are the ones that will suffer the most throughout this ordeal. My brother will be persevere no matter what, but it's still a sad situation regardless, and my brother and his kids shouldn't have had to go through this mess. Thankfully my brother's situation has improved and he only has to pay 1/5 of what he was originally forced to. Now he can live as close to a normal life as possible under the circumstances. Thanks again to all of our Vets. God bless and good luck.
curious

Owensboro, KY

#90 Nov 12, 2013
wife of dead beat dad wrote:
My husband (we have been legally separated for 2 1/2 years) owes me over $20,000 in back child support, alimony, unreimbursed medical expenses for our children and school tuition he was ordered to pay (50% to both). He is a despicable person. I cannot call him a man ,because he is not one. He has lied repeatedly in court and blocked court dates, delaying our divorce. I have tried to be nice, but this gets me nowhere. So I have no choice but to go after his disability. This is laughable. He is 100% disabled ,but races BMX. There is nothing wrong with him, so I am puzzled with the VA's ruling. I know that the majority if veterans are honorable men who have selflessly served their country, but he is NOT one of them. If your husband gets VA disability and has waived any retirement money to receive VA disability,you can garnish up to 65% with a court order for garnishment. If they receive CRSR, this is also subject to garnishment. They must be in arrears with child support or alimony to do this. You can have regular military retirement garnished with a court order also.
Do you know if we can garnish his backpay. He is also behind around 20,000 and is about to get a 30,000 dollar back check. Will i get all or any of this money???
alecia

Savannah, GA

#91 Nov 13, 2013
Curious,

You can't garnish disability from the VA. Y'all need to get a job and do your part.
bedazzled

United States

#93 Dec 9, 2013
jim wrote:
<quoted text>
no, nobody including child support can touch that money.
I know this for sure because i was fighting for it for three years and have recently been granted disability. not only that, your brother does not have to pay child support anymore. he needs to get a lawyer and get a review done.
That is alie 65% of children faster check is being garnished and I receive a ssdi check.
bedazzled

United States

#94 Dec 9, 2013
Karen wrote:
I had two children and I raised two children without chasing a man to do it. I made a carefully planned choice and worked. If a woman has a child, and she is in total control on this, then she should be willing to raise the child with or without a man. There is nothing worse than to have a child then cry wanting someone else to support you and the child. Why do so many woman use having a child as an excuse to get money? If you do not want children or know that you can not support one on your own then keep your legs together. Yes it takes a man to fertilize your egg but why let that happen then blame him for the next 21 years because of your own choice. If he does not or can not be there that is his choice and no woman should be allowed to force anything from him. I believe all woman should be held accountable for what they do in life and not get away with crying over their own mistakes and demanding someone else pay the price for what they do. My two boys are well educated and working tax paying people now and not having a man around did not hurt them in any way. They knew from the time of birth that they were wanted and planned for. They know who their father is and have a relationship but I never ask him for one dime and we all got along great in our separate homes. They talk with him about life's challenges and are best friends. I lived my life and he lived his with no strings. It has been a rewarding experience and everyone is happy.
You must be a man. No woman in her right mind would just let him get away with not handling his responsibility. Don't nobody won't a dead best man, but unfortunately they change and I'm sure a lot of these women didn't run after anyone. This courts did!!! Now it's time for their sorry butts to pay and you belittle them..... I have money, but he is still going to pay child support dumbass.

I hate that she even started that he is part of the military. That made him look even worse. What an embarrassment. Why she we feel sorry for him when he can't take care of his responsibility.
alltheworld23

Troy, OH

#95 Dec 18, 2013
I see there is a debate over disability garnishment. I guess I'm looking for someone very recently who has undergone this problem and succeeded in keeping their monies from service connected disability.

So,
1. My friend is 80% going for 100%. If he gets 100%, then can the custodial parent get medical coverage for the child?
2. Can the custodial parent have his VA garnished for backed support under 1500.00?
3. Does he even lawfully have to report it to the court?
4. He gets no extra from VA for the child by the way. Only his other children who reside with him.
alltheworld23

Troy, OH

#96 Dec 18, 2013
I've read previous posts also about the dead beat dads,.... moms who truly need the money, moms who don't and feed of the system. Yada Yada.... GUYS, listen! Every single situation is different! Some dads should not have to pay, some moms don't truly need it. Some dads are dead beats, and some moms have situations that they truly deserve it, don't judge on here just because you think by something someone says, or rather your perception is spot on! A lot of you would be wrong. You don't know unless your in the situation yourself. Let fate deal with the greedy bitches and dead beats posing as concerned when their out for themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nahunta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cold Case ~ Beautiful girl Found in Gym bag put... Dec 14 crackacoldcase 1
Motel 6 Dec 14 waycrossgirlmotel6 1
Missing Waycross Woman-Nancy Stewart Wilke (Jan '09) Dec 10 Deanna Robertson 30
Section 8 and low income housing Dec 9 Purple Haze 2
Joe Cornelius Dec 9 Hmmmmm 7
old classmate Dec 2 coffee county 1
Michael Wright (Feb '13) Nov '14 Baxter 6
Nahunta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web