Since: Oct 07

HERE THERE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

The SATILLA RIVER is almost the only entertainment in Brantley County.When I was growing up me my DAD would come here and camp sometimes for weeks at a time.I really enjoy fishing.When I moved here 15 years ago I discovered that all of the places we used to go were inaccessible to the public anymore.The roads leading to them were gated up.I know that there are some people who leave trash at the river when they leave,me and my DAD always had to clean up the messes before we would set up camp.It is sad.We never left a mess.It is a shame that good people have to suffer for negligence's of others.
Bellybutton

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2008

I agree with you! Some of my favorate memories with my childen are at that 'ol mighty Satilla.
We always go out with a trash bag (even if its only to let the 5 dogs run)and always bring it back a bag full of glass and beer cans, We DO NOT even drink!
The next time I see the "all come and clean" sighn out, I'll be there, hope to see some of you other RIVER-RATS/COUNTRY'FOLK there.
hannah

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

I lived away when I was young, but I have fond memories of swimming at the river. My grandfather used to take us. Now, the river is full of drunks and druggies. It's scary to go down there now. It would be nice if the river was part of a state park and protected; Maybe it would be nice again.
Bellybutton

Nahunta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2008

hannah wrote:
I lived away when I was young, but I have fond memories of swimming at the river. My grandfather used to take us. Now, the river is full of drunks and druggies. It's scary to go down there now. It would be nice if the river was part of a state park and protected; Maybe it would be nice again.
You cant walk around being scared. Maybe if more desent people still went to the river and called the police when there was wrong doing going on, it would be a better place! Or you can just be a 'lil cry baby and cry poor me I can't go to the river it's to scarey . The choice is yours. Me I stand up for me and mine, if there were a few more we could get the bad people gone and reclaim it...... thoughts to ponder?????? strength in #s the very idea.
hannah

Hortense, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2008

Bellybutton wrote:
<quoted text>You cant walk around being scared. Maybe if more desent people still went to the river and called the police when there was wrong doing going on, it would be a better place! Or you can just be a 'lil cry baby and cry poor me I can't go to the river it's to scarey . The choice is yours. Me I stand up for me and mine, if there were a few more we could get the bad people gone and reclaim it...... thoughts to ponder?????? strength in #s the very idea.
For one, I am not a "cry baby". The river was once a nice place many years ago to go camping with your family and to go fishing. Now all you see is people running around half naked, kids running around unsupervised, the smell marijuana, find meth pipes littered along the banks, people drinking and engaging in sexual and deviant conduct. These people don't clean up after themselves and leave the river and it's banks a mess. This not only makes our river unattractive but poses a big threat on our wildlife and ecosystem. It's terrible.I no longer go there and do not want my son that is nearly a teen hanging out there getting mixed up with those people either.

“Greetings”

HERE THERE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

I am glad to hear that I am not alone in this.It is a shame that some children will grow up around the river but never get to enjoy the beauty it once had to offer.We must save the river.It can't save itself.
The Shooter

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

The river is doomed. Meth heads, drunks and inbreeds will doom it forever. We should rename it the Mighty Methamphetamine Incest Blue Heron Nattie Light Shooting People in the Head and Leaving Them to Die River.

“Greetings”

HERE THERE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

hannah wrote:
The SATILLA must be saved.We must not give up.A State Park could is just what we need.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nahunta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min The WB 52,111
Flash Foods truckstop 17 hr jus saying 1
Michael Wright (Feb '13) 17 hr jus saying 5
papas deli 2 (Sep '12) 17 hr jus saying 10
bk Aug 6 Butters 2
Waycross Jukebox (Jul '12) Aug 2 Musikologist 13
renue plastic surgery (May '12) Jul 30 New to this 14

Search the Nahunta Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Nahunta Jobs

•••