First Prev
of 3
Next Last
RESIDENT
#1 Aug 17, 2012
At next election DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE IN OFFICE. LEAVE THE BOX BLANK. Let us take back our city and return it to the residents!
Old time Resident
#2 Aug 17, 2012
I agree. Do not vote for anyone in office now. Leave the box blank. Return Everett to it's citizens
Truly
#3 Aug 17, 2012
Old time Resident wrote:
I agree. Do not vote for anyone in office now. Leave the box blank. Return Everett to it's citizens
Please Explain how leaving the box blank will get rid of people.
Everett Resident
#4 Aug 17, 2012
Technically it won't get rid of those in office ... remember all they need is just one positive vote over every opponent ....

I agree though if there is an opponent to someone in office, vote for the opponent ....

Imagine the audacity to give yourself (assuming you are running in the next election on the BoA) a $25,000 raise !!!!!$25,000 ....... I'm hoping someone else besides VanCampden (and of course the incumbent) decides to run....I was truly leaning towards VanCampden - he seemed smart, lives in Everett, etc etc -- then he goes and votes himself a $25,000 raise !!!! It was only after the citizens were outraged, he decided he had made an error in voting for this .... Oh pullezzzze !!!!! get real !!!!!! The others you just knew would vote for this....

I think it would be great if Sal Sachetta decided to run for mayor - he is smart, a businessman and has the citizens of Everett in mind when he votes. He thinks before he casts his vote. He is not 'bought' or in debt to anyone....He is his own person. Go Sal !!!!!!!
Everett
#5 Aug 17, 2012
Everett Resident wrote:
Technically it won't get rid of those in office ... remember all they need is just one positive vote over every opponent ....
I agree though if there is an opponent to someone in office, vote for the opponent ....
Imagine the audacity to give yourself (assuming you are running in the next election on the BoA) a $25,000 raise !!!!!$25,000 ....... I'm hoping someone else besides VanCampden (and of course the incumbent) decides to run....I was truly leaning towards VanCampden - he seemed smart, lives in Everett, etc etc -- then he goes and votes himself a $25,000 raise !!!! It was only after the citizens were outraged, he decided he had made an error in voting for this .... Oh pullezzzze !!!!! get real !!!!!! The others you just knew would vote for this....
I think it would be great if Sal Sachetta decided to run for mayor - he is smart, a businessman and has the citizens of Everett in mind when he votes. He thinks before he casts his vote. He is not 'bought' or in debt to anyone....He is his own person. Go Sal !!!!!!!
He's old and senile.
Abe
#6 Aug 17, 2012
Speaking of voting,

Today's supposed to be the last day you can register to vote in this fall's primary. So just where do you go in Everett to do that?
city hall
#7 Aug 17, 2012
city clerk's office at city hall it's open till 5 pm
Abe

Malden, MA

#8 Aug 17, 2012
Guess they're not saving all that of that money by giving the rest of the building the day off today then.
Everett

Everett, MA

#9 Aug 17, 2012
city hall wrote:
I don't think it's open today. I would call though.
Everett Voter

Everett, MA

#10 Aug 17, 2012
Abe wrote:
Speaking of voting,
Today's supposed to be the last day you can register to vote in this fall's primary. So just where do you go in Everett to do that?
Procrastinate much?
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#11 Aug 17, 2012
EVERETT: Sal may be along in years, that part is true - However, he is anything but senile.

On the finance committe - He voted NO on the great $25,000 raise the BoA voted to give themselves !!!!! I know this is not final and has to be voted on by the city council .... Sal had felt that $15,000 was a proper amount for the BoA....Do you call that senile ??? I certainly don't !!!!
Abe

Malden, MA

#12 Aug 17, 2012
I'm a registered voter already. I was just trying to point out the conflicting messages of "you have until today to register" and "city hall is closed on Fridays".
Sammy

Brookline, MA

#13 Aug 17, 2012
city hall wrote:
Not today. It's Friday.
Everett

Everett, MA

#14 Aug 17, 2012
Everett Resident wrote:
EVERETT: Sal may be along in years, that part is true - However, he is anything but senile.
On the finance committe - He voted NO on the great $25,000 raise the BoA voted to give themselves !!!!! I know this is not final and has to be voted on by the city council .... Sal had felt that $15,000 was a proper amount for the BoA....Do you call that senile ??? I certainly don't !!!!
He's rich and doesn't need the money. I just don't like the way he is disrespectful to Mr. Foresteire. Uncalled for.
Truly

Winthrop, MA

#15 Aug 17, 2012
Everett wrote:
<quoted text>
He's rich and doesn't need the money. I just don't like the way he is disrespectful to Mr. Foresteire. Uncalled for.
Another good reason why he should run for mayor!
Correction

Medford, MA

#16 Aug 17, 2012
Everett wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Fred was very Rude to Sal because Sal had the nerve to question him. He wrote a letter in the papers implying Sal had dementia. He started the battle.
top cat

Malden, MA

#17 Aug 17, 2012
It is time to replace the majority of our pols. They have been in there much to long. It should be a privilage but instead many of them made it a way of life. They get too comfortable and cozy up to each other and you can't get anything done that way. They have to go. Too bad VanCampen didn't have the guts to go against the pay raise decision in public. He knew it was the wrong thing to do, he is not stupid. He would rather admit he made a mistake in print and not on camera. I am a bit dissapointed in him for not standing up that night.
He always claimed to be on the side of the taxpayer, well that was the forum for him to prove it and he blew it big time.
Everett

Everett, MA

#18 Aug 18, 2012
Correction wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Fred was very Rude to Sal because Sal had the nerve to question him. He wrote a letter in the papers implying Sal had dementia. He started the battle.
Not true at all. Mr. Foresteire only shot back after Sal Senile wrote lies about him in the newspapers. Get your facts straight.
Everett Taxpayer

Everett, MA

#19 Aug 18, 2012
top cat wrote:
It is time to replace the majority of our pols. They have been in there much to long. It should be a privilage but instead many of them made it a way of life. They get too comfortable and cozy up to each other and you can't get anything done that way. They have to go. Too bad VanCampen didn't have the guts to go against the pay raise decision in public. He knew it was the wrong thing to do, he is not stupid. He would rather admit he made a mistake in print and not on camera. I am a bit dissapointed in him for not standing up that night.
He always claimed to be on the side of the taxpayer, well that was the forum for him to prove it and he blew it big time.
I think VanCampen realizes now he dug his own grave. I will not vote for him now.
Why

Medford, MA

#20 Aug 18, 2012
Boy, Van Campen makes one misstep--one that was not a final vote by any means--and you won't vote for him. The current mayor has cost the city so much more and continues to do so daily. No one is perfect, but at least Van Campen is man enough to admit he made an error in his judgment. Carlo, on the other hand, targets anyone that has the nerve to point out that his ideas are not great. Obviously you people have never spoken too soon and made an error. Yeah, right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nahant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should the Everett Auxiliary Police Disban..? (Oct '10) 6 min Rug Doctor 18
Election 2015 Wed Money talks 112
FFF-Everett's Biggest Hypocrite Wed A grateful press 4
Navarra as DPW Chief?? (Dec '14) Wed Honest 28
Mayor DeMaria's right hand man Jerry Navarro Wed Pedro 10
furniture removal (Nov '08) Tue Wally West 7
What is a Program Direction and how about a TRA... Mon Rug Doctor 3
More from around the web

Nahant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Nahant Mortgages