Surfin Moose Bistro charges for Water!

Surfin Moose Bistro charges for Water!

Posted in the Nags Head Forum

unhappy

Nitro, WV

#1 Jul 13, 2012
Our party of 4 ordered 4 waters with out meal. When we received our bill we were charged $4.00. When we inquired about it, the waitress said the charge was for the cups. On the bill it said Water $1.00 four times. The menu did NOT list water as a beverage. We should'be been told we would be charged when we ordered. We will not be back! Is the LEGAL?
unhappy

Nitro, WV

#2 Jul 13, 2012
unhappy wrote:
Our party of 4 ordered 4 waters with out meal. When we received our bill we were charged $4.00. When we inquired about it, the waitress said the charge was for the cups. On the bill it said Water $1.00 four times. The menu did NOT list water as a beverage. We should'be been told we would be charged when we ordered. We will not be back! Is the LEGAL?
oops, should've
unhappy

Nitro, WV

#3 Jul 13, 2012
unhappy wrote:
<quoted text>
oops, should've
oops again! With OUR meal. I guess I'm still upset over this. The meal was good.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#4 Jul 14, 2012
Where is the Surfin Moose Bistro?

Since: Oct 07

Southern Shores, NC

#5 Jul 14, 2012
It used to be Native Vine wines across the bridge. Heard they serve nothing but fried foods. Sounds like the Laffin Gull Part Duex!

Kitty Hawk, NC

#6 Jul 15, 2012
Ok, I know where that is. Laffin Gull but you can't get there by boat.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#7 Jul 15, 2012
unhappy wrote:
Thank you for your comment. I would never patronize an establishment with such poor policies.
NutsCluelessSpam

Dunn, NC

#8 Jul 15, 2012
Their sign is very hard to read. You can't tell what the place is called, even when you drive right past it and stare hard.

Poor signage is a death-knell to many businesses.

Same goes for whatever is in the previous Beach Road Grill location on the Beach Rd.

Plus--Surfin' Moose??? Sheesh.

Well, good luck to them.

Kitty Hawk, NC

#9 Jul 15, 2012
Nuts,

You're right about that!

I've been noticing that myself, the former Mulligans, then Beach Road Grill, is now supposed to be "Thumpers" but you can hardly read the sign. How much thought do they put into the design of these signs? The tourist season is half over and they don't appear to be open yet. Not a good "sign".
DogGuy

Clayton, NC

#10 Sep 1, 2012
I was just in the Surfin Moose just the other day. I guess some things have changed. I was NOT charged for water. The manager said they had at one time when they first opened. I also saw they had a couple salads. My meal was very good.
was unhappy

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Sep 6, 2012
I started this thread. My husband received a nice email from the owner that said they no longer charge for water. GOOD MOVE! When we visit next month we may stop in again.
Southern Shores Res

Windsor, NC

#12 Sep 12, 2012
Now they charge to get into the pay toilets.
Tea

Saratoga, NC

#13 Sep 18, 2012
WE went to dinner there last Friday night. The service was horribly slow. 7 in our group. The waitress had to ask us when it was time to pay the bill what we all had. She had not written it down. W e had to ask for silverware.She brought my husband a knife to spread the tarter sauce that he had to ask for. Crab cake sandwich with nothing on it! They then charged 75 cents for the tarter sauce. Needless to say we won't go back.
Bodidily

Clayton, NC

#14 Sep 25, 2012
Water is good for the wallet!
chris

Washington, DC

#15 Dec 4, 2012
Got stared down the whole tiime.I was rushed and felt like a low class local.The stuffyy place was empty.
Paul

Spring Lake, NC

#16 Dec 7, 2012
Surfin moose Great food fair prices. I have eaten there 3 times and its always been good
Flesh Hammer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#17 Mar 25, 2013
The food is below average but there is a whole lotta gay love going on in those pay stalls. Hey, Sailor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nags Head Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Moron is back Sep 27 Enjoyed the break 1
pirates Sep 23 Dont know 1
WHOLE KDH Fire Dept on VA DARE Trail Sep 20 djp60 1
James Burroughs, Manteo Police (Nov '09) Sep 18 Allright already 58
Anyone have any scoop on Ray Jedele? (Apr '09) Sep 9 Suzie 187
News North-Carolina 4 mins ago 12:47 p.m.Two men arr... Sep 8 Steve 2
Election Who do you support for State Senate in North Ca... (Oct '10) Sep 3 Wicked 26

Nags Head Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nags Head Mortgages