Voted most likely to disrupt the flow...

Voted most likely to disrupt the flow of traffic

Posted in the Nags Head Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dwart

Manteo, NC

#1 Jun 6, 2012
Virginians!!!

Their not that bright from there. I've compiled a few helpful hints for the Virginian visitor:

1. STAY OUT OF THE LEFT LANE
2. STOP PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF US (LOCALS) WHEN THERE'S ONLY 25 FEET OF SPACE BETWEEN US AND YOU
3. DO THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT (NOT 35 IN A 50)
4. STAY OUT OF THE OCEAN, YOU GET EASILY DISORIENTED
5. DON'T ACT LIKE YOU OWN THE OUTER BANKS, WE LOCALS DO
6. LEAVE THE REBEL FLAG AT HOME
7. SHOP AT YOUR OWN LOCAL VA WALMART, FOOD LION AND HARRIS TEETER BEFORE YOU GET HERE. YOU DON'T LEAVE ENOUGH FOR US LOCALS WHO LIVE HERE WHEN YOU RAID THE STORES
8. DON'T DRIVE IN THE SAND. HAVE YOU SEEN "OREGON INLET IDIOTS" ON FACEBOOK?
9. THE MIDDLE LANE IS CALLED A DEAD-MAN'S LANE. FIND OUT WHY AND USE IT PROPERLY
10. IF YOU MISS THE TURN, DON'T SLAM ON YOUR BRAKES, OR DO A U-TURN ON THE BYPASS. TAKE THE NEXT ROAD INSTEAD AND DOUBLE BACK. MOST OF OUR STREETS CONNECT TO EACH OTHER.
11. IF YOU NOTICE YOU'RE BEING TAILGATED, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY OR SPEED UP, YOUR PISSING THE LOCALS OFF
12. YOUR MONEY GOES A LONG WAY HERE, COMMON SENSE GOES FURTHER
13. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE, THE LOCAL TOWN POLICE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO. THEY WILL SEND THE K9 UNIT!
14. THE LOUD SOUND YOU HEAR IS A VEHICLE HORN AND IT'S MORE THAN LIKELY DIRECTED AT YOU.
15. PAY ATTENTION TO WHO IS AROUND YOU ON THE ROAD. STOP DAYDREAMING
16. YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO AROUND THE SCOOTERS ON COLINGTON ROAD AND NC12 (BEACH ROAD), IT'S LEGAL. WE CALL THEM LIQUORCICLES (LICKER-SICKLES) FOR OBVIOUS REASONS
Bathmat

Manteo, NC

#2 Jun 6, 2012
AMEN!! right on the money. Also, If you moved here from VA and have an OBX plate you should follow this list even closer. And they thought NJ had the A-holes around here. haha
dwart is a fool

Spring Lake, NC

#4 Jun 6, 2012
funny you are talking about Virginians being stupid and you start with "their" instead of "they're"

hahaha you fool!
checkagain

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Jun 6, 2012
Dwart wrote:
Virginians!!!
Their not that bright from there. I've compiled a few helpful hints for the Virginian visitor:
1. STAY OUT OF THE LEFT LANE
2. STOP PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF US (LOCALS) WHEN THERE'S ONLY 25 FEET OF SPACE BETWEEN US AND YOU
3. DO THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT (NOT 35 IN A 50)
4. STAY OUT OF THE OCEAN, YOU GET EASILY DISORIENTED
5. DON'T ACT LIKE YOU OWN THE OUTER BANKS, WE LOCALS DO
6. LEAVE THE REBEL FLAG AT HOME
7. SHOP AT YOUR OWN LOCAL VA WALMART, FOOD LION AND HARRIS TEETER BEFORE YOU GET HERE. YOU DON'T LEAVE ENOUGH FOR US LOCALS WHO LIVE HERE WHEN YOU RAID THE STORES
8. DON'T DRIVE IN THE SAND. HAVE YOU SEEN "OREGON INLET IDIOTS" ON FACEBOOK?
9. THE MIDDLE LANE IS CALLED A DEAD-MAN'S LANE. FIND OUT WHY AND USE IT PROPERLY
10. IF YOU MISS THE TURN, DON'T SLAM ON YOUR BRAKES, OR DO A U-TURN ON THE BYPASS. TAKE THE NEXT ROAD INSTEAD AND DOUBLE BACK. MOST OF OUR STREETS CONNECT TO EACH OTHER.
11. IF YOU NOTICE YOU'RE BEING TAILGATED, MOVE OUT OF THE WAY OR SPEED UP, YOUR PISSING THE LOCALS OFF
12. YOUR MONEY GOES A LONG WAY HERE, COMMON SENSE GOES FURTHER
13. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE, THE LOCAL TOWN POLICE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO. THEY WILL SEND THE K9 UNIT!
14. THE LOUD SOUND YOU HEAR IS A VEHICLE HORN AND IT'S MORE THAN LIKELY DIRECTED AT YOU.
15. PAY ATTENTION TO WHO IS AROUND YOU ON THE ROAD. STOP DAYDREAMING
16. YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO AROUND THE SCOOTERS ON COLINGTON ROAD AND NC12 (BEACH ROAD), IT'S LEGAL. WE CALL THEM LIQUORCICLES (LICKER-SICKLES) FOR OBVIOUS REASONS
Funny, yes, and overall correct except for number 3 when you state they should do the "posted speed limit". That would be the MAXIMUM speed you are allowed to go on the roadway in ideal traffic conditions, there is no legal MINIMUM speed limit or else you would be breaking the law every time you slowed down to make a turn or because of traffic conditions.
Also, number 16, it is NOT legal to pass another vehicle on the roadway if there are solid lines that designate a no passing zone. Just because you don't know, don't believe in, or don't agree with the law does not mean that it is any less the law. And so since the law says that bicycles, mopeds, and scooters ARE vehicles and have all the same rights as any other vehicle on the roadway it is NOT LEGAL to pass them in a clearly marked no passing zone OR to do so in a manner that would endanger their, your, or other vehicles operators safety.
Yuck

Manteo, NC

#6 Jun 6, 2012
checkagain wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, yes, and overall correct except for number 3 when you state they should do the "posted speed limit". That would be the MAXIMUM speed you are allowed to go on the roadway in ideal traffic conditions, there is no legal MINIMUM speed limit or else you would be breaking the law every time you slowed down to make a turn or because of traffic conditions.
Also, number 16, it is NOT legal to pass another vehicle on the roadway if there are solid lines that designate a no passing zone. Just because you don't know, don't believe in, or don't agree with the law does not mean that it is any less the law. And so since the law says that bicycles, mopeds, and scooters ARE vehicles and have all the same rights as any other vehicle on the roadway it is NOT LEGAL to pass them in a clearly marked no passing zone OR to do so in a manner that would endanger their, your, or other vehicles operators safety.
Youre an idiot. Going 35 in the left lane is criminal and could lead to arrest and carries a minimum 30 days mandatory jail sentence.

On a serious note you have to be a complete fool to think you can't pass a bicycle with double lines. The most boisterous posters are always the least knowledgable about the topic.
Yep part 2

Manteo, NC

#7 Jun 6, 2012
dwart is a fool wrote:
funny you are talking about Virginians being stupid and you start with "their" instead of "they're"
hahaha you fool!
Funny that you are still STUPID and a fool from VA.
checkagain

Fayetteville, NC

#8 Jun 6, 2012
Yuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre an idiot. Going 35 in the left lane is criminal and could lead to arrest and carries a minimum 30 days mandatory jail sentence.
On a serious note you have to be a complete fool to think you can't pass a bicycle with double lines. The most boisterous posters are always the least knowledgable about the topic.
Again, just because YOU don't know, agree with, or believe the law does NOT make any less the LAW!

"Going 35 in the left lane" is not a crime unless by doing so you are breaking this statute of the NC traffic law.

§ 20&#8209;141. Speed restrictions.

(h) No person shall operate a motor vehicle on the highway at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law; provided, this provision shall not apply to farm tractors and other motor vehicles operating at reasonable speeds for the type and nature of such vehicles.

And since there is a second lane and other roadways to use it would be hard to convict someone with the crime related to "impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic... etc etc". AND considering that with the amount of traffic here during the summer months "35" on the bypass is OFTEN the speed of "normal and reasonable movement of traffic".

As for being "a complete fool to think you can't pass a vehicle (and a bicycle is just another vehicle under NC traffic law) with double lines." well just because you, or anyone you know, hasn't been arrested for it does not make it "legal". Nor does it make passing another vehicle when you ARE in a legal passing zone in a dangerous or reckless manner "legal". Trust me if you think that a judge would actually convict someone because they were impeding the "normal and reasonable movement of traffic" by going too slow on a bicycle then you are a fool. The judge would actually laugh the lawyer out of court if it actually got that far and very likely reprimand both the lawyer AND the law enforcement officer for wasting the courts time with a frivolous case! But the judge might very well convict you of passing a vehicle, including a bicycle, in a no passing zone and reckless driving (if not wanton disregard for the safety of others and reckless endangerment) if you were to cause an accident by doing so.

Again from the NCDOT drivers handbook. Chapter 5, page 76.

"Pavement Markings:
Yellow lines separate travel lanes moving in opposite directions. White lines separate travel lanes moving in the same direction. A yellow skipped or broken line is used as the center line on a two-lane, two-way road where passing with care is permitted in both directions. When continuous, double, solid, yellow lines are
the center lines, you cannot cross them to pass in either direction. On a two-lane road, passing with care is permitted if the skipped-yellow line is in your lane."

So now that I have shown you the facts on the laws, vs opinion, how about you show me where someone, ANYONE, has been convicted based on your statement that "Going 35 in the left lane is criminal and could lead to arrest and carries a minimum 30 days mandatory jail sentence." But hey then again having the law actually written down for you more than likely doesn't make any difference in what you believe about the law or about my being "knowledgeable" about it does it. "Idiot"

BTW Chances are that you are a local "law enforcement officer" and you ACTUALLY believe what you wrote in spite of the fact that you are sworn to know and uphold the law, yes, even the ones that you don't like, believe in, or agree with.

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#9 Jun 7, 2012
My friends and I have had a term for years: "The Virginia Roadblock" referring to drivers (often with a VA plate) in the left lane holding up traffic!
I meant

Spring Lake, NC

#10 Jun 7, 2012
got bad news....I lived in Vienna for 32 tears..and I can easily say local drivers here are worse.

1. look in the mirror
just wait

Fayetteville, NC

#11 Jun 7, 2012
yup. this weekend ought to be a blast. everyone will be stopping in the street by jockey's ridge to gawk at the kite festival.
Paul

Smithfield, VA

#12 Jun 7, 2012
glasspilot wrote:
My friends and I have had a term for years: "The Virginia Roadblock" referring to drivers (often with a VA plate) in the left lane holding up traffic!
Still playing with those imaginary friends, huh?
Yuck

Manteo, NC

#13 Jun 7, 2012
checkagain wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, just because YOU don't know, agree with, or believe the law does NOT make any less the LAW!
"Going 35 in the left lane" is not a crime unless by doing so you are breaking this statute of the NC traffic law.
§ 20&#8209;141. Speed restrictions.
(h) No person shall operate a motor vehicle on the highway at such a slow speed as to impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law; provided, this provision shall not apply to farm tractors and other motor vehicles operating at reasonable speeds for the type and nature of such vehicles.
And since there is a second lane and other roadways to use it would be hard to convict someone with the crime related to "impede the normal and reasonable movement of traffic... etc etc". AND considering that with the amount of traffic here during the summer months "35" on the bypass is OFTEN the speed of "normal and reasonable movement of traffic".
As for being "a complete fool to think you can't pass a vehicle (and a bicycle is just another vehicle under NC traffic law) with double lines." well just because you, or anyone you know, hasn't been arrested for it does not make it "legal". Nor does it make passing another vehicle when you ARE in a legal passing zone in a dangerous or reckless manner "legal". Trust me if you think that a judge would actually convict someone because they were impeding the "normal and reasonable movement of traffic" by going too slow on a bicycle then you are a fool. The judge would actually laugh the lawyer out of court if it actually got that far and very likely reprimand both the lawyer AND the law enforcement officer for wasting the courts time with a frivolous case! But the judge might very well convict you of passing a vehicle, including a bicycle, in a no passing zone and reckless driving (if not wanton disregard for the safety of others and reckless endangerment) if you were to cause an accident by doing so.
Again from the NCDOT drivers handbook. Chapter 5, page 76.
"Pavement Markings:
Yellow lines separate travel lanes moving in opposite directions. White lines separate travel lanes moving in the same direction. A yellow skipped or broken line is used as the center line on a two-lane, two-way road where passing with care is permitted in both directions. When continuous, double, solid, yellow lines are
the center lines, you cannot cross them to pass in either direction. On a two-lane road, passing with care is permitted if the skipped-yellow line is in your lane."
So now that I have shown you the facts on the laws, vs opinion, how about you show me where someone, ANYONE, has been convicted based on your statement that "Going 35 in the left lane is criminal and could lead to arrest and carries a minimum 30 days mandatory jail sentence." But hey then again having the law actually written down for you more than likely doesn't make any difference in what you believe about the law or about my being "knowledgeable" about it does it. "Idiot"
BTW Chances are that you are a local "law enforcement officer" and you ACTUALLY believe what you wrote in spite of the fact that you are sworn to know and uphold the law, yes, even the ones that you don't like, believe in, or agree with.
Thanks for proving you have a 50 IQ. My first response was a joke but you are too stupid to realize it. The second just takes common sense to know you can pass a bicycle anytime. Common sense is obviously what you are lacking.
Yuck

Manteo, NC

#14 Jun 7, 2012
I meant wrote:
got bad news....I lived in Vienna for 32 tears..and I can easily say local drivers here are worse.
1. look in the mirror
If you can't see who the problem is then its you. Please step back and realize you still drive like you live in va. This guy is a highway nuisance.
checkagain

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Jun 7, 2012
Yuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving you have a 50 IQ. My first response was a joke but you are too stupid to realize it. The second just takes common sense to know you can pass a bicycle anytime. Common sense is obviously what you are lacking.
Nice try on your reversal about your "35 speed" statement by calling it a "joke" once you were proven to be wrong, but nobody except you is falling for it. Besides ANYONE that uses the internet to post on forums for more than a day knows that vocal inflection is lost when typing and so we use things like "LOL","HaHa ", ":)" or even "Kidding!" to signify a "joke" or "humor". Or did your, self-claimed, overwhelming intellect and common sense slip up on that one.
Oh! And sorry, but I guess I missed the part of the NCDOT law that says "it is illegal to pass ANY other vehicle on a solid line EXCEPT where Yuck's common sense says otherwise". So IF "lacking" common sense is defined by being able to follow the law as it is written EVEN when I disagree with it or it causes me a PERCEIVED personal inconvenience in order to maintain the welfare and safety of others; then I will be happy to say that yes, I lack common sense.
Yuck

Manteo, NC

#16 Jun 7, 2012
checkagain wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try on your reversal about your "35 speed" statement by calling it a "joke" once you were proven to be wrong, but nobody except you is falling for it. Besides ANYONE that uses the internet to post on forums for more than a day knows that vocal inflection is lost when typing and so we use things like "LOL","HaHa ", ":)" or even "Kidding!" to signify a "joke" or "humor". Or did your, self-claimed, overwhelming intellect and common sense slip up on that one.
Oh! And sorry, but I guess I missed the part of the NCDOT law that says "it is illegal to pass ANY other vehicle on a solid line EXCEPT where Yuck's common sense says otherwise". So IF "lacking" common sense is defined by being able to follow the law as it is written EVEN when I disagree with it or it causes me a PERCEIVED personal inconvenience in order to maintain the welfare and safety of others; then I will be happy to say that yes, I lack common sense.
God damn you are stupid.

I started the second paragraph with "On a serious note.". I guess i have to explain to the retarded this means the before mentioned comment was a joke. How do manage to wipe you own as s with such a pea brain?
TipTop

Manteo, NC

#17 Jun 7, 2012
If you're not makin a good living right now on the tourists that come here then you're an idiot. My income triples when they're here. So I will drive the beach road, not whine on topix and fill my bank account.
checkagain

Fayetteville, NC

#18 Jun 7, 2012
Yuck wrote:
<quoted text>
God damn you are stupid.
I started the second paragraph with "On a serious note.". I guess i have to explain to the retarded this means the before mentioned comment was a joke. How do manage to wipe you own as s with such a pea brain?
Look who talking about being "stupid".
First you insult me by starting your very serious "joke" with "youre an idiot" (without proper punctuation BTW) and expect everyone to think it was all "just kidding". Then suddenly when you start the next sentence with "On a serious note" everyone is suppose to NOW know it is "humor". Maybe you meant "On a serious note" as sarcasm and therefore THAT was suppose to be the "joke" part and everything else was serious. Face it. What you wrote was inaccurate and as I stated before, chances are strong that you are a local "law enforcement officer" that honestly believed what you wrote was, and IS, correct and the law; and YOU are the idiot for not knowing that it is not.
Now toddle back to your buffet at "Western Sizzlin" or hang out with your fellow "officers" waiting for some easy pickings of the local/touron drunk drivers so it looks like you know what you are doing and actually "earn" your pay and let the individuals with an IQ that is probably higher than your entire family's combined talk because we are done explaining everything to you. And NO I am NOT joking.
Yuck

Baltimore, MD

#19 Jun 8, 2012
checkagain wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who talking about being "stupid".
First you insult me by starting your very serious "joke" with "youre an idiot" (without proper punctuation BTW) and expect everyone to think it was all "just kidding". Then suddenly when you start the next sentence with "On a serious note" everyone is suppose to NOW know it is "humor". Maybe you meant "On a serious note" as sarcasm and therefore THAT was suppose to be the "joke" part and everything else was serious. Face it. What you wrote was inaccurate and as I stated before, chances are strong that you are a local "law enforcement officer" that honestly believed what you wrote was, and IS, correct and the law; and YOU are the idiot for not knowing that it is not.
Now toddle back to your buffet at "Western Sizzlin" or hang out with your fellow "officers" waiting for some easy pickings of the local/touron drunk drivers so it looks like you know what you are doing and actually "earn" your pay and let the individuals with an IQ that is probably higher than your entire family's combined talk because we are done explaining everything to you. And NO I am NOT joking.
In your case you just can't fix stupid. I apologize for trying to explain the obvious to a mental midget.
Yuck

Kenly, NC

#20 Jun 8, 2012
Did I mention that I'm a moron also?
lmao

Fayetteville, NC

#21 Jun 9, 2012
TipTop wrote:
If you're not makin a good living right now on the tourists that come here then you're an idiot. My income triples when they're here. So I will drive the beach road, not whine on topix and fill my bank account.
trolling the beach road on a bike blowing tourists does not equal a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nags Head Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prosecute climate change deniers 12 hr Steve 10
So long Kmart? (Dec '11) Thu Ryan Rhodes 29
Renters do not apply for residency at 807 Swan ... Thu Miss Lou - Capt J 4
Outer Banks Headlights Strip Club (May '10) Thu Ryan Rhodes 27
Socialism Thu Ryan Rhodes 14
Is it just me or is Debbie Wasserman Shultz hot Thu Ryan Rhodes 12
News Neil Armstrong's humility left impression (Sep '12) Jun 19 John 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nags Head Mortgages