No High Profile Drug Busts Lately

No High Profile Drug Busts Lately

Posted in the Nacogdoches Forum

Not a Bit Surprised

Nacogdoches, TX

#1 Jul 28, 2012
I'm not the least bit surprised, but find it ironic, that leading up to the election, there were MANY "highly publicized" drug busts done by Bridges and his deputies. At the time, it seemed like he was just doing it for show and name recognition. NOW, it's evident that he was and is just a traveling dog and pony show. The only thing I've heard about him is how he's spent money without the commissioner's approval and that he was trying to put his buddy to work. It's going to be a long four years.
Ladybug

Nacogdoches, TX

#2 Oct 15, 2012
I agree 100%. I have also noticed how his drug busts have stoped. I did not think he was qualified when he went in and I do not think he is qualified now. I feel like Nacogdoches County has a very rude awakening coming.
well-

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2012
What I noticed was the fall off of major drug bust coincided with that fellow who got busted with a meth lab at his house and then stole the plane from Athens while out on bond...Terry Lynn Boozer. Seems to me that's some pretty heavy drug dealing when you are using a plane to do it in...
As always..history repeats itself ;)
Anon

Littlefield, TX

#4 Oct 22, 2012
One thing we're going to find out, is if a man with military style training knows the difference between that and police work. If the new sheriff turns out to be "Sheriff Rambo", after four years maybe we'll ready to have "Sheriff Andy Griffith" back.
well-

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2012
I personally would rather have a by the book do something, then a do nothing...
Just saying :)
Anon

Whitney, TX

#6 Oct 24, 2012
Oh, I agree. I just hope he's using the right book.
not a bit surprised

United States

#7 Nov 1, 2012
The drug busts prior to the election were well placed. They were set ups and sure things, but small, weak cases and only newsworthy because robocop called the media.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nacogdoches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Women moved in (Mar '15) Fri MT Enterprise 4
Chelyan Grady Jul 19 Jamie Ester 1
Looking to move to Nacogdoches (Dec '09) Jul 15 Getsomeperspective 88
Ben Curtis Affair (Mar '15) Jul 14 bigdaddynorth 14
Audibel Jul 12 Gene Craig 4
Poll Is Judge Jack Sinz of the Nacogdoches County Co... (May '10) Jul 2 justice 7
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994

Nacogdoches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nacogdoches Mortgages