Crime against the people, culture, and natural resources of Hawaii
Posted in the Naalehu Forum
#1 Sep 22, 2010
Ka’u, the last frontier. It has resisted big development long after Hilo and Kona had fallen. Still, it’s resisting now. A grass-roots group is spear heading impeachment proceedings against district 6 councilman, Guy Enriques. The people of district 6 need to know the truth.
www.ImpeachGuyEnriques.Info will give more details about the charges.
Crimes against the People :
• Bill #239- 30 days jail or $1,000 fine for hauling greater than 250 gallons at public water spigots.
• Supports the illegal selling of a public road to his political supporters, despite opposition and objections from the community.
• Allegations of sexual impropriety with students under his tutelage.
• Sunshine Law violator “Transparency’s got to end somewhere”,“You’ll never get the real answer from the public hearing”.
• Ka’u CDP- Excluded qualified nominees in favor of his hand-picked panel on the steering committee. Potential financial conflicts of interest among the county, facilitator/consultant, and sub-contractors hired by the consultant.
• Serving special interests: Enriques’ off island contributions alone for last term is $27,480 from a total of $93,000 (reported).
Crimes against the Hawaiian Land & Culture :
• Punalu'u Beach development scheme- "Enriques is president of O Ka'u Kakou, an organization formed by Sea Mountain Five" Developers who proposed (3) 250-unit hotels and 2,000 homes, desecrating this pristine Ka'u Coast, a major nesting ground for green sea turtles and the endangered hawksbill turtle. http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/2007/...
• Attempts to remove public access.
• Removal of Hawaiian resources by selling beach sand and pebbles at his family’s souvenir stand at Punalu’u Black Sands Beach.
• Possible front man for a Delaware owned, Aiea-based Nani Kahuku Aina developer with plans to turn 5 miles of Ka'u coastline into thousands of homes, hotels, condos, several resorts, golf courses, and an airport on its 16,457 acres extending from Mamalahoa Highway to the ocean.
Add your comments below
|Naalehu Theater needs saving (Feb '17)||Feb '17||irloyal||1|
|Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in H... (Oct '10)||Apr '16||American Infidel||20|
|Woman charged in sex assaults of 3 Big Isle kids (Sep '08)||Jul '15||Miss Anon||89|
|Weekly gas report: Price for regular unleaded f... (Jan '15)||Jan '15||Joann jacomb||1|
|3 small earthquakes felt on Hawaii island (Sep '14)||Sep '14||Ben||1|
|About Town | 8-29-14 (Aug '14)||Aug '14||Dody Clifford||1|
|Canadian storyteller and Bento Rakugo to isle l... (Oct '13)||Oct '13||Jewel||1|
Find what you want!
Search Naalehu Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC