Revision urged for study of gas costs

Revision urged for study of gas costs

There are 3 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Revision urged for study of gas costs. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

While gasoline prices surge across the country, leading some analysts to predict $4-a-gallon fuel by spring, Hawaii lawmakers continue trying to get a better idea into what goes into the state's pump prices.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

KBoy

Washington, DC

#1 Feb 28, 2008
"Meanwhile, state lawmakers are still trying to figure out why."
Why? DUH! The gas companies are trying to make as much money as they can, and we, the citizens, are stuck paying whatever they ask. It seems obvious to me that the gas companies have put big money in our legislators pockets. Hence, they don't really want to find out why. Either that, or our representatives are totally incompetent. Or both. Either way...we lose. Bring back the gas cap.
give em gas

Honolulu, HI

#2 Feb 28, 2008
What's wrong with a company trying to make as money as possible? Isn't that the goal of all businesses? The fact is that Americans been spoiled by artficially low gas prices for the longest time. Most of the industrialized nations were paying over $4 per gallon a long time ago. That's why they're so far ahead of US in conservation and fuel efficiencies. The low gas prices allowed US automakers to push gas guzzling monstrocities and suckered the consumers into believing that the driving them was the right thing to do. I, for one, believe the high prices will be good for everyone in the long term as it will force people to conserve and buy more fuel efficinet car that conserve energy and pollute less.
Tradesman

Hilo, HI

#3 Feb 29, 2008
$4 a gallon? Is this a republican thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naalehu Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Naalehu Theater needs saving Feb '17 irloyal 1
Election Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in H... (Oct '10) Apr '16 American Infidel 20
News Woman charged in sex assaults of 3 Big Isle kids (Sep '08) Jul '15 Miss Anon 89
News Weekly gas report: Price for regular unleaded f... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Joann jacomb 1
News 3 small earthquakes felt on Hawaii island (Sep '14) Sep '14 Ben 1
News About Town | 8-29-14 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Dody Clifford 1
News Canadian storyteller and Bento Rakugo to isle l... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jewel 1

Naalehu Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Naalehu Mortgages