Stonington shop features treasures fr...

Stonington shop features treasures from Vietnam

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 23, 2008, titled Stonington shop features treasures from Vietnam. In it, Newsday reports that:

DeGemmis, who opened a shop called Vagaries late last year on Water Street in Stonington Borough, became all too keenly aware of the effects of Agent Orange during her yearlong stay in Hanoi, the nation's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Francine

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Feb 23, 2008
I've been to Viet Nam and can fully understand the pull on the heart for the Vietnamese people.
Their country was pretty much destroyed by Agent Orange. They still suffer from it. Birth defects are rampant.
I think it's a wonderful, caring thing that you are doing for them.
God Bless!
Jen

Berlin, CT

#3 Feb 24, 2008
I was just in Vietnam too and was very moved by the people in HoiAn near Danang. I made a few friends there and would love to go back to do some work either teaching English, Habitat for Humanity or anything that would benefit the community there. I'm not working at the moment so I can stay for up to a year. If anyone has contacts in the Hoi An area, please let me know. Thank you!
[email protected]
Crazi Ox

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Feb 24, 2008
WHO wrote:
WHO ? thanks 2 menA
cool

Kissimmee, FL

#5 Feb 24, 2008
hmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mystic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mystic Pizza Oct '16 No Anchovies Please 1
Groton Music Selection (Aug '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 14
No string attach casual encounter Jun '16 Plytm 1
News Summer's Food Truck Fests In Connecticut (May '16) May '16 Sheri 1
Male Servant (Dec '14) Mar '16 Sophia 3
Fox in the henhouse (Mar '16) Mar '16 Robert Bruce Burns 1
fox in henhouse (Mar '16) Mar '16 Robert Bruce Burns 1

Mystic Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance