Winston mayor arrested on sex and wea...

Winston mayor arrested on sex and weapons charges

There are 5 comments on the The News-Review story from Mar 20, 2017, titled Winston mayor arrested on sex and weapons charges. In it, The News-Review reports that:

The mayor of Winston is behind bars after being arrested by the Myrtle Creek Police Department on suspicion of sex and weapons charges. Police arrested Kenneth Lewis Barrett, 71, on March 19 after Barrett arrived at a agreed upon location to meet a 14-year-old female for sexual contact.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Review.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 21, 2017
Another pervert in politics.
Enter Username

Roseburg, OR

#2 Mar 30, 2017
I find it interesting that a subject like this seems to stop the blog for awhile.
Seems that most people have no comment at all.
I think that people who run for public office should be asked if they are for or against human trafficking. That would be a good litmus test.(I think it would be surprising how many people would not be able to answer)
Anonymous

Roseburg, OR

#3 Jun 18, 2017
Enter Username wrote:
I find it interesting that a subject like this seems to stop the blog for awhile.
Seems that most people have no comment at all.
I think that people who run for public office should be asked if they are for or against human trafficking. That would be a good litmus test.(I think it would be surprising how many people would not be able to answer)
I just bought a home here. Please don't tell me he represents the population.
Resident

Roseburg, OR

#4 Jul 24, 2017
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

I just bought a home here. Please don't tell me he represents the population.
I wouldn't say he represents the population, but he might be a snapshot of a type of folks here.
One thing to remember is that the Ken Barrett sting was a STING. There was no actual girl he was communicating with. It was the police. Some will say that isn't fair. Or entrapment. But he did go for the bait. So it was a legitimate sting as I see it.

Does this do much to curtail actual activity in the area? That's A good question. I've been propositioned quite a few times in the Roseburg area. I don't think the police put a high priority on actual adult prostitution in the Roseburg area. And underage activity is a spin-off of the adult activity by my observation.

People should be very cautious of families or group enclaves who have a casual attitude toward prostitution. More serious criminal activity can be hidden in the mix..
Mary

Dallas, TX

#5 Oct 13, 2017
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>

I wouldn't say he represents the population, but he might be a snapshot of a type of folks here.
One thing to remember is that the Ken Barrett sting was a STING. There was no actual girl he was communicating with. It was the police. Some will say that isn't fair. Or entrapment. But he did go for the bait. So it was a legitimate sting as I see it.

Does this do much to curtail actual activity in the area? That's A good question. I've been propositioned quite a few times in the Roseburg area. I don't think the police put a high priority on actual adult prostitution in the Roseburg area. And underage activity is a spin-off of the adult activity by my observation.

People should be very cautious of families or group enclaves who have a casual attitude toward prostitution. More serious criminal activity can be hidden in the mix..
I've seen much worse in Nevada!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myrtle Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware \run far an fast 2 hr OVER IT 2
Walking in Roseburg Oct 20 Juanita Allen 1
lori brookbank meth dealer (Mar '16) Oct 6 Roughrider336 5
Murder of Mary C. Mohr in July 1965 (Nov '10) Sep '18 ADP 5
Where can I buy organic pasture-raised animal m... Aug '18 New here 1
News Smart Energy: Small, distinct acts help us all ... (Mar '18) Mar '18 Solarman 1
News Police log: Caller wants to talk to male deputy... (Dec '17) Dec '17 Thats me 1

Myrtle Creek Jobs

Personal Finance

Myrtle Creek Mortgages