Law Students Examine Innocence Claims...

Law Students Examine Innocence Claims of Convicted Killer

There are 55 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Oct 25, 2010, titled Law Students Examine Innocence Claims of Convicted Killer. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Law students at Wake Forest University are looking into innocence claims from a local man convicted twice of killing his girlfriend's husband nearly 13 years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#1 Oct 25, 2010
This is ridiculous. His partner in the crime Confessed and gave him up as well.
Brandy Summey

Burlington, NC

#2 Oct 25, 2010
I'm glad to see that somebody is still paying attention to this case. Hopefully John and Renee will be free'd from jail.These are two innocent people that got wrong justice done unto them.. While the real killer runs free.
Joe

Whitsett, NC

#3 Oct 25, 2010
These snakes are not trying to say he did not do the crime, they are looking for a loop hole to get him released and place him back in to society. That's what lawyers do. It looks like after they got the murder/rapist set free only to find out he really did it, they would let this crap go and keep these criminals in jail!
clemmons

Greensboro, NC

#4 Oct 25, 2010
the Poole's just say all of this because they didn't like Renee, they thought she "turned their son bad"
Abused Taxpayer

Greensboro, NC

#5 Oct 25, 2010
Who wants to trust a bunch of drunken law school students? The key word there is "students" as in their education is incomplete, and in typical college student fashion think that they know quite a bit more than they actually do.
Horry County SC

Greensboro, NC

#6 Oct 25, 2010
Most of you people giving your comments do not know what happen to these people in court what went on in the jury room I do these people did not get a fair trial. The lawyers could not question the two private detectives hired. SC law would not let you bring in third party person, which that law has been overturned. Put yourself in my seat then you can judge these people. It can happen to you then where would be you would be in prison as they are. Then you would want some one to help you SC laws are a lot different than other states Get locked up SC go to prison
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#7 Oct 25, 2010
They have Renee on tape CONFESSING to the crime...These two Animals are right where they belong...I am just glad that they said it could take at least 15 years to even get another hearing..These two need to Rot in Jail..They are already rotten on the inside..The Pooles have never thought that their son was perfect..But I am sure that they didn't think that he needed to die because he made bad choices in women.
Brandy Summey

Burlington, NC

#8 Oct 25, 2010
Renee Poole didn't confess to anything, she did nothing to confess to. They already had John Frazier's name..the Poole's are the ones that suggested him. Frazier was in the bed asleep when the police checked on him. People need to know the facts before they start assuming. Renee nor John killed Brent Poole and there is evidence showing that neither one of them had anything to do with it. They were wrongly convicted. They are not snakes, if horry county and the Poole's wasn't in such a hurry blaming the first person that came along then everybody would know the truth. And the REAL killer would be behind bars. Brent deserves justice. Hopefully somebody will listen and find justice for him.
Brandy Summey

Burlington, NC

#9 Oct 25, 2010
speakup2 wrote:
They have Renee on tape CONFESSING to the crime...These two Animals are right where they belong...I am just glad that they said it could take at least 15 years to even get another hearing..These two need to Rot in Jail..They are already rotten on the inside..The Pooles have never thought that their son was perfect..But I am sure that they didn't think that he needed to die because he made bad choices in women.
What they have is Renee on tape telling them what they want her to say so she can go home after 8+ hrs of questions. So she could go home to her daughter, where she needed to be after such a terrible thing that happened to their family. It's bad enough that her daughter's dad got killed violently but she doesn't have her mother around either. Looks like everyone would want to find out the truth, the real truth in who killed Brent. For his daughters sake.
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#10 Oct 25, 2010
Brandy Summey wrote:
<quoted text>
What they have is Renee on tape telling them what they want her to say so she can go home after 8+ hrs of questions. So she could go home to her daughter, where she needed to be after such a terrible thing that happened to their family. It's bad enough that her daughter's dad got killed violently but she doesn't have her mother around either. Looks like everyone would want to find out the truth, the real truth in who killed Brent. For his daughters sake.
His daughter is right where she needs to be in a Caring and Loving home with her Grand parents who love her dearly. She has had a wonderful life. She appears to be a wonderful loving child...She doesn't need to be around the person that helped kill her father for money..Next thing you know she would have a policy on the child. She is safe right where she is. Besides, Renee won't get out before she turns 18. I doubt that she will care to see her mother. The child is better off without this mother.
Brandy Summey

Burlington, NC

#11 Oct 25, 2010
speakup2 wrote:
<quoted text>His daughter is right where she needs to be in a Caring and Loving home with her Grand parents who love her dearly. She has had a wonderful life. She appears to be a wonderful loving child...She doesn't need to be around the person that helped kill her father for money..Next thing you know she would have a policy on the child. She is safe right where she is. Besides, Renee won't get out before she turns 18. I doubt that she will care to see her mother. The child is better off without this mother.
Like I said before people need to know the facts before they start running their mouths...Her daughter is in a loving home right where she needs to be and is very happy.. And she has seen her mother and wants to continue to see her mother. She is old enough to make her own decisions now and she will make up her own mind what is right and what is wrong. She has been told stories on how one side of her family sees things and now she is seeing how the other side of her family sees things. She can make up her own mind and be her own person. She is very loved by both sides of her family no doubt.
Brandy Summey

Burlington, NC

#12 Oct 25, 2010
speakup2 wrote:
<quoted text>His daughter is right where she needs to be in a Caring and Loving home with her Grand parents who love her dearly. She has had a wonderful life. She appears to be a wonderful loving child...She doesn't need to be around the person that helped kill her father for money..Next thing you know she would have a policy on the child. She is safe right where she is. Besides, Renee won't get out before she turns 18. I doubt that she will care to see her mother. The child is better off without this mother.
You are totally clueless..you might want to recheck your facts and get your story straight.
Meltdown

Clarksville, TN

#13 Oct 25, 2010
Lord help us all
z-force

Greensboro, NC

#14 Oct 26, 2010
Brandy Summey wrote:
Renee Poole didn't confess to anything, she did nothing to confess to. They already had John Frazier's name..the Poole's are the ones that suggested him. Frazier was in the bed asleep when the police checked on him. People need to know the facts before they start assuming. Renee nor John killed Brent Poole and there is evidence showing that neither one of them had anything to do with it. They were wrongly convicted. They are not snakes, if horry county and the Poole's wasn't in such a hurry blaming the first person that came along then everybody would know the truth. And the REAL killer would be behind bars. Brent deserves justice. Hopefully somebody will listen and find justice for him.
Just saw a segment on tv that showed the confession....
one of those 48 hours..dateline..investigative discovery shows..
speakup2

Mount Airy, NC

#15 Oct 26, 2010
Brandy Summey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally clueless..you might want to recheck your facts and get your story straight.
YOU my dear are the clueless one..No need to recheck my facts, I know the child personally. She is far better off with her Grand Parents.I say again these two low lives are just where they should be and they are lucky that they didn't get the death penalty.
Nicole Michelle

Asheboro, NC

#16 Oct 26, 2010
The WHOLE case needs to be looked into. Everyone involved. Seems alot of injustice took place in this one.
Nicole Michelle

Asheboro, NC

#17 Oct 26, 2010
Why is the ones with few facts never put there names on here? If you know SO much become a lawyer and shut up bashing people you know nothing about.
Brandy Summey

Kernersville, NC

#18 Oct 26, 2010
speakup2 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU my dear are the clueless one..No need to recheck my facts, I know the child personally. She is far better off with her Grand Parents.I say again these two low lives are just where they should be and they are lucky that they didn't get the death penalty.
Whoever you are..since there is no name for you, I know everyone involved in this terrible situation very well. She is living with her mother's parents now..And she is very loved from both sides of the family, Her fathers side as well as her mothers side. She is a beautiful intelligent young lady that has her whole life in front of her, she doesn't need people like you holding her back and talking terrible things about the people she loves dearly. Let her find justice for her mother and father.
Brandy Summey

Kernersville, NC

#19 Oct 26, 2010
Nicole Michelle wrote:
Why is the ones with few facts never put there names on here? If you know SO much become a lawyer and shut up bashing people you know nothing about.
I agree with you Nicole..these people with fake names on here have only opinions not facts..
Brandy Summey

Kernersville, NC

#20 Oct 26, 2010
Nicole Michelle wrote:
The WHOLE case needs to be looked into. Everyone involved. Seems alot of injustice took place in this one.
Yes ALL of it needs to be reviewed, the whole situation was horrible. A couple of families lost alot that terrible night, Brent was a son, a brother, a husband, a father, as well as a friend to many. John was a son, a father, and a friend to many. They were very well liked by everyone that knew him. But John and Renee got railroaded by the justice system in South Carolina. While the killer sat in the court room and watched the whole thing unfold. The judge wouldn't allow third party to be introduced into the case. Nor would they let the suspect get up on stand. Any state or judge that cared more about their tourism than finding the truth and would let the killer walk right out of their court room needs to be investigated as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myrtle Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Contamination rages on years after base closes (May '08) 3 hr Mom 9
Tattoos in North Myrtle Beach?? 10 hr Woodrow 1
Flirt with my wife? Sun Anonymous 6
Drugs (Jun '15) Sun Why66 30
Sex offender Sun somewhitelivesdon... 1
Who sold my son this? Aug 19 Myrtlebeach hotti... 2
Looking for help? Aug 18 Need Some Help 1

Myrtle Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance