Church buys, begins renovating Bahney...

Church buys, begins renovating Bahney House

There are 65 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Nov 25, 2010, titled Church buys, begins renovating Bahney House. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Fireplace Christian Fellowship volunteer Tim Horst of Myerstown takes down old siding on the Bahney House to expose the original wood and paint.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Haha

United States

#62 Apr 22, 2011
What kind of people do you think are living in Myerstown now. There are plenty of addicts felons megans listers. At least this will be a place to help these people. All you people worried about taxes go fly a kite. Myerstown needs all the help it can get.
Betcha

New York, NY

#63 Apr 22, 2011
Haha wrote:
What kind of people do you think are living in Myerstown now. There are plenty of addicts felons megans listers. At least this will be a place to help these people. All you people worried about taxes go fly a kite. Myerstown needs all the help it can get.
Haha, you must live in rent and consider yourself a taxpayer just because you contribute 6% sales tax on any purchases you make.
"you people"? Really.
Disgusted

Lebanon, PA

#64 Apr 24, 2011
Your ignorance is appalling. Be proactive. Go out into your world and interact with it. Sitting on your computer ranting about your community does nothing but provide you with the safety of saying "I didn't approve of this from the beginning!" If you live here and you are so concerned about the area, why didn't you try to do something with any of the property that they Kline brothers have occupied with their ministries? Do you reach out to the broken kids? Are you the one driving to the hospital to sit with the parents of a recently deceased child? Are you the one charged with conducting the funeral services of the young men who died in our community? Maybe you should head into On Fire and chat with the staff there and see first hand what it's about. You might even feel inspired to help out somehow, or perhaps you're too busy with your life to give your time to someone desperately calling out for someone to listen.
I know John and Charlie Kline personally, and they are great people. You can invest your time in slandering the good works of these two men, or you can roll up your sleeves, walk out your door, and start digging into the mess these men are trying to clean up.
wounded bystander

Poplar, MT

#66 Jan 14, 2012
I don't know the Bahney house personally. All I know is two years ago, a woman was there and became intoxicated. She then left and got in her car and slammed into my Aunt on the highway and killed both of them. If I could wave a magic wand and tear down all bars that allow their patrons to become drunk and then let them drive, I would. But for now, to have one bar closed down, taken over by a church that can offer some positive influence in their community, then I am all for it. Maybe someone else's family can be spared the pain of losing a beloved wife, mother, aunt, and grandmother.
Diana B

Lebanon, PA

#67 Mar 3, 2012
Well, this project will end up costing its supporters well over a half-million dollars to complete - this supporting coming from a small community and from a fellowship of less than 200 people. A half-way house would be MUCH cheaper to accomplish frankly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the truth about Jeremy and Wendy Trafelet 8 hr Hypocrite 2
Staff Sergeant.....W T May 27 people who still ... 1
blackmail his wife May 27 people who still ... 1
Review: D S Miller Construction May 7 mudo1958 2
News A wilting Pennsylvania Dutch tradition: ham and... Mar '15 Fannie Pak 1
News New gym focuses on functional workouts (Jul '10) Mar '15 smashhits 6
Review: Greble Scrap Recycling & U Pull IT Yard (Jun '14) Mar '15 jeffw2243 5
More from around the web

Myerstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE