Elco hopes to add $260,000 to its budget

Full story: Lebanon Daily News

The Elco School District might add $260,000 to its revenue for the 2011-12 school year if it leases the vacant Myerstown Elementary School to the Conrad Weiser School District.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
debt is running downhill

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Spend the money quickly before Governor Corbett tries to take it and give the money to his big corporation campaign donors.
Figures

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Nice to see they can make money for themselves while parents and other business' suffer trying to figure out how to get their child to a school that is almost 20 minutes away from their house. I wonder what they plan on doing in the summer time with such a long bus ride back home for the 1st and 2nd graders when they have heat exhaustion?
input

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

What happened with the public input in what to do with these buildings? I thought they promised to allow the public to help decide. What is going to happen to Schaefferstown?
On a another note no discussion about a board members actions? Shouldn't he resign his position?
no again

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Meanwhile, Elco School District has an estimated $1.7 million shortfall in its budget and is still debating the size of a property-tax increase.

So much for Republican Gov. Tom Corbetts budget cuts. Get your wallet ready ELCO property owners. Less state money for education means higher local school taxes for propery owners and no Republican tax breaks to seen.
funny

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Figures wrote:
Nice to see they can make money for themselves while parents and other business' suffer trying to figure out how to get their child to a school that is almost 20 minutes away from their house. I wonder what they plan on doing in the summer time with such a long bus ride back home for the 1st and 2nd graders when they have heat exhaustion?
This is funny bitching about living 20 minutes from the school.
corbetts welfare for all

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

In just a few short months Republicans have turned Pennsylvania from a state that spent more on educating their children then they do supporting people collecting welfare.

The Keystone State has overnight become a uneducated GOP backed pro welfare state.

That would make Public Welfare the costliest department, topping education, which would drop to $10 billion in fiscal 2011-12. Under former Gov. Ed Rendell, education was always No. 1 and welfare No. 2.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11068/1130621-...

That would make Public Welfare the costliest department, topping education, which would drop to $10 billion in fiscal 2011-12. Under former Gov. Ed Rendell, education was always No. 1 and welfare No. 2.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11068/1130621-...
election

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

input wrote:
What happened with the public input in what to do with these buildings? I thought they promised to allow the public to help decide. What is going to happen to Schaefferstown?
On a another note no discussion about a board members actions? Shouldn't he resign his position?
Well I think he is up for re-election I hope he is smart enough NOT to run.
Resign

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

election wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think he is up for re-election I hope he is smart enough NOT to run.
He needs resign NOW! ELCO doesn't need to deal with anyone's dirty laundry.

Time to clean house. Start with this board member and move to the administrators.
Send him packing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

Resign wrote:
<quoted text>
He needs resign NOW! ELCO doesn't need to deal with anyone's dirty laundry.
Time to clean house. Start with this board member and move to the administrators.
Well, the voters are going to be in a bit of a pickle.

Would you rather have a bag of dirty laundry or a bag of wind.
Howard Kramer is running again.
The voters will have a decision to make in May.
I'll take the dirty laundry. He's easier to manage and is at least tolerable.
Kramer hurts my ears.
Resign

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Get a good write-in by November.
Send him packing wrote:
<quoted text>
Kramer hurts my ears.
manage

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Send him packing wrote:
<quoted text>
Kramer hurts my ears.
Easier to manage.. sounds like a board member. So you would rather put up with the pastor who makes the district look REALLY good with someone like him on the board. It is time for him to resign.
Send him packing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

manage wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier to manage.. sounds like a board member. So you would rather put up with the pastor who makes the district look REALLY good with someone like him on the board. It is time for him to resign.
It's in his hands. Only he can wash them clean.
The school board probably doesn't know anything. They are all too busy STILL trying to save to old buildings. Why bother.
No one cares.
Who know's, maybe the pastor will resign before the election. You know, help a buddy out. Hand his seat right over to Kramer.
It's all a game.
head in sand

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Send him packing wrote:
<quoted text>
It's in his hands. Only he can wash them clean.
The school board probably doesn't know anything. They are all too busy STILL trying to save to old buildings. Why bother.
No one cares.
Who know's, maybe the pastor will resign before the election. You know, help a buddy out. Hand his seat right over to Kramer.
It's all a game.
If they don't know they must have their head in the sand....but then again I guess that is possible with this board.
Send him packing

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

head in sand wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't know they must have their head in the sand....but then again I guess that is possible with this board.
And that we do agree on.
Cannot be true

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

Send him packing wrote:
<quoted text>
Kramer hurts my ears.
You can't be serious. That fool can't possibly believe that he has any kind of chance of getting back on the school board. I can't think of anybody more disliked than Howard Kramer--and that was BEFORE he sold us down the river.
I like the man

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

Boy oh boy, there sure are a few people scared of old HK, huh. I heard today he is running again to get his seat back. Good for him. At least he has the district at heart and not some single issue. Oh, by the way, all you whom are obviously afraid of Mr. Kramer, if you know anyting about the man, remember that when he was defending his country, his enemy had a bounty on his head, yes, by name, his name, and none of them collected. I seriously doubt if Mr. Kramer is too worried if he's "disliked". Mr. Kramer's a lot like Harry Truman's famous quote, "I don't give them hell, I simply tell the truth and they think it's hell". Give 'em hell, Howard!
Post your Name Howard

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

I like the man wrote:
Boy oh boy, there sure are a few people scared of old HK, huh. I heard today he is running again to get his seat back. Good for him. At least he has the district at heart and not some single issue. Oh, by the way, all you whom are obviously afraid of Mr. Kramer, if you know anyting about the man, remember that when he was defending his country, his enemy had a bounty on his head, yes, by name, his name, and none of them collected. I seriously doubt if Mr. Kramer is too worried if he's "disliked". Mr. Kramer's a lot like Harry Truman's famous quote, "I don't give them hell, I simply tell the truth and they think it's hell". Give 'em hell, Howard!
Really, Howard why speak of yourself in the third person. We all know you are going to lose, AGAIN!!! Thanks for raising my taxes with your stupid schools in this thriving economy. Sorry we aren't all independently wealth like yourself. I also can't wait until your daughter gets on here and runs her chubby mouth again. What happened to her, however your wife, now there is a babe!!!!
In awe

Mount Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

I like the man wrote:
Boy oh boy, there sure are a few people scared of old HK, huh. I heard today he is running again to get his seat back. Good for him. At least he has the district at heart and not some single issue. Oh, by the way, all you whom are obviously afraid of Mr. Kramer, if you know anyting about the man, remember that when he was defending his country, his enemy had a bounty on his head, yes, by name, his name, and none of them collected. I seriously doubt if Mr. Kramer is too worried if he's "disliked". Mr. Kramer's a lot like Harry Truman's famous quote, "I don't give them hell, I simply tell the truth and they think it's hell".
Give 'em hell, Howard!
Wow!
Absurdity

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

Anyone blowing off on this forum that isn't on the ballot should just shut it! You have had plenty of time to understand the issues and plenty of time to get involved. After this long, if all you are prepared to do is sit idly by on the sidelines, spouting off, then you are not part of the solution. There may have been a time where voicing your frustrations was enough, but that time is gone. Too many people don't want to fight their own fight. Good governance requires real effort. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation or better yet, anything constructive to add to the process, then know your role. You reap what you sow.
carlos

Lebanon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

I like the man wrote:
Oh, by the way, all you whom are obviously afraid of Mr. Kramer, if you know anyting about the man, remember that when he was defending his country, his enemy had a bounty on his head, yes, by name, his name, and none of them collected.
i doubt that. That is probably based on folklore due to the most famous and succesful vietnam era sniper Carlos Hathcock who had 70 ish confirmed kills and did have a bounty on him by name. There was probably a bounty on all snipers but not by name. never the less, HK was there and thats saying alot IMO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Myerstown Discussions

Search the Myerstown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Prince Reinbus 51,253
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MaZzie 3,507
Author's talk offers glimpse of Lenape Princess... (May '13) Feb '14 Richard Kranium 3
Remembering the blizzard of 1958 (Feb '08) Feb '14 Snow baby 13
Anyone near Frystown have a CB radio? Feb '14 Sami 1
James A Mills Jr (Jul '13) Jan '14 a good friend 11
Pedestrian dead after Interstate 78 accident id... Jan '14 A concerned citizen 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Myerstown Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Myerstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance