Lounge welcomes new chef

Lounge welcomes new chef

There are 20 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Mar 28, 2011, titled Lounge welcomes new chef. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Executive chef Tony Weltmer works on a flambe in the kitchen of The Downtown Lounge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

towny

Lebanon, PA

#1 Mar 28, 2011
they serve food at the lounge?
Lounger

Stewartstown, PA

#2 Mar 28, 2011
Now only if they could add more seating.
bud

Quarryville, PA

#3 Mar 28, 2011
Lounger wrote:
you been in the back lately?
been there

Lebanon, PA

#4 Mar 28, 2011
There dying on the vine. Thanks to Nikos!!!
dunner

Lebanon, PA

#5 Mar 28, 2011
they should of done this years ago. i guess when you finally have competion you have to get your act together, finally.
wangster

Myerstown, PA

#6 Mar 28, 2011
I wonder if he will have sex in th bathroom too
I M HEISTER

Lebanon, PA

#7 Mar 28, 2011
been there wrote:
There dying on the vine. Thanks to Nikos!!!
THEY WILL BE AROUND LONG AFTER NIKOS IS CLOSED!
George

Lebanon, PA

#8 Mar 28, 2011
Lounger wrote:
And better service. Each and every time we have gone in there, we've walked out because no one waits on us. There are others that are happy for our business and will wait on us.
catpaw

Lebanon, PA

#9 Mar 28, 2011
George wrote:
<quoted text>
And better service. Each and every time we have gone in there, we've walked out because no one waits on us. There are others that are happy for our business and will wait on us.
Go to Niko's, then. The service and the food are great!!!!!
Vanity Fair

Lebanon, PA

#10 Mar 29, 2011
Will the new chef put the Keystone Lite kegs on the Coors Light taps?
Constructive criticism

Lebanon, PA

#11 Mar 29, 2011
I think the food has always been good. The service is definitely lacking. The staff is nice, but nice doesn't make for great service.
Lounger

Stewartstown, PA

#12 Mar 29, 2011
The days of good service are gone. I don't remember the last time I went out to eat and said Wow, what great service they had. Now a days all servers want is your measley tip and their sh*tty wage at the end of the week. People don't take any pride in their work. And good help is getting harder and harder to find. Speaking of poor service, the Blue Bird has to be the worst! But the place is packed every night, go figure?
Question

Camp Hill, PA

#13 Mar 29, 2011
Vanity Fair wrote:
Will the new chef put the Keystone Lite kegs on the Coors Light taps?
What does that comment mean?
Brainiac

Huntingdon, PA

#14 Mar 29, 2011
Is it me or does it sound like this "Chef" has had a hard time holding on to a job? Also, I think someone, i.e. LDN needs to look up the definition of Chef.

For those of you who complain about service....if you go to the right places you will get the service...in other words....as in everything, you get what you pay for..........
answer

Lebanon, PA

#15 Mar 29, 2011
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that comment mean?
It means that they use Keystone lite and say that its Coors Lite, reason being is that Keystone is much cheaper. They also put cheap vodka in their expensive vodka bottles.

And the drug use in the bathrooms are way out of control.
No Way

Camp Hill, PA

#16 Mar 29, 2011
answer wrote:
<quoted text>It means that they use Keystone lite and say that its Coors Lite, reason being is that Keystone is much cheaper. They also put cheap vodka in their expensive vodka bottles.
And the drug use in the bathrooms are way out of control.
I find it very hard to believe that Pat Riley would do such a thing or allow drugs to be used in the bathroom!!!! NO WAY!!!!!
nyer

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Mar 29, 2011
Lounger wrote:
The days of good service are gone. I don't remember the last time I went out to eat and said Wow, what great service they had. Now a days all servers want is your measley tip and their sh*tty wage at the end of the week. People don't take any pride in their work. And good help is getting harder and harder to find. Speaking of poor service, the Blue Bird has to be the worst! But the place is packed every night, go figure?
agree blue bird service stinks - really don't think its worth the money and really wasn't too impressed with the food.
Property Owner

Lebanon, PA

#18 Mar 29, 2011
At least you can see the bartenders naked in magazines!
GO UCONN

Lancaster, PA

#19 Mar 30, 2011
I think it's just you. 17 years as a chef for the same employer doesn't sound like a "hard time holding on to a job"
We have been in many times and dont think they are dying on the vine. Not as full as they used to be, but I think that is a sign of the economy and smoking ban. I think they are still making a couple bucks.
I think this guy will just make them that much better.

By the way- my vodka tasted fine.
nonabel

Lebanon, PA

#20 Mar 30, 2011
Property Owner wrote:
At least you can see the bartenders naked in magazines!
I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cigar Drop returns to Richland (Nov '09) Dec 31 Vance 4
News Church buys, begins renovating Bahney House (Nov '10) Dec '17 mrshl5000 67
News Pa.'s public schools must protect transgender s... Sep '17 TerriB1 1
News Amish Mafia returns to airwaves (Mar '13) Sep '17 Nick 5
water bills (Aug '08) Aug '17 Sasha 3
News Remembering Ruth Dietz (Jun '17) Jun '17 American Legends 7
News City woman, 62, gets probation for drug-related... (Jan '09) Jun '17 Machine1000 3

Myerstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Myerstown Mortgages