Jackson rec talk yields tension

Jackson rec talk yields tension

There are 59 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Jun 8, 2011, titled Jackson rec talk yields tension. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Discussions between the township supervisors and area residents that focused on recreation escalated into a brief shouting match this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
3O2-9II

Chicago, IL

#41 Jun 10, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>

Then Ask Dan if he kept Ann out of jail? Really? Will he be truthful? Where was he that night when his daughter was sick and home alone, because her mom had to leave the house?
Maybe she should have put her kids first and got a handle on her temper. Maybe then she would've been at home and able to tend to her sick child.
Bad play on mamma's part. If Dad wasn't there and the child needed emergency care, screw the
PFA and do what needs to be done.
Ann used her kid as a pawn to make an ass out of her ex. She's pschyopath. She's playing the part of the victim. Come on. This is text book sh*t.
3O2-9II

Chicago, IL

#42 Jun 10, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he feeling bad because she stepped up and raised her girls while he was out fooling around with someone who works in "service".....Jackso n township needs Ann to make things better for all
the folks who live here. We have a great place to
live, let's treat each other fairly.
One more Roberto,
I bet he does feel bad. What reasonable person wouldn't feel bad about having their kids see all the ugliness when their parents can't get along.
The kids suffer and lose the most.

As far as the hubby looking for love, good on him. If you think Ann's such a catch, hook her up with a friend or if you're single maybe you would like to take her out on the town.

You are right. We have a great town and it does not need Ann to make it great.
Ann doesn't play fair, she's brash, rude and condescending to anyone who does not agree with everything she believes in. Ann doesn't
listen and comes across like a bully. She has become an adult bully.

What Ann needs is to take personal responsibility and take care of herself.
She's lost a lot and doesn't see it. If she had, she would be making friends instead of enimies and spending more of her time being productive rather than destructive.

No one can help her until she decides to help herself.

End of story.
maybe

Lebanon, PA

#43 Jun 10, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Well her girls have put up with way too much from a father who makes it HIS life to make fun of their wonderful mother. Ask Dan if he threw his wife on a concrete floor and SHE did not call the police.
Then Ask Dan if he kept Ann out of jail? Really? Will he be truthful? Where was he that night when his daughter was sick and home alone, because her mom had to leave the house?
Is he feeling bad because she stepped up and raised her girls while he was out fooling around with someone who works in "service".....Jackso n township needs Ann to make things better for all the folks who live here. We have a great place to live, let's treat each other fairly.
i can see him being a smart arse... as far as throwing her down? i dont know, like was said there are always 2 sides to a story. i would think he would have trouble throwing her around, she is no petite woman

so "whatever" as far as they are concerned, but she is not a a good leader for the township.
Peace

Lebanon, PA

#44 Jun 11, 2011
3O2-9II wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like the daughters were old enough to pick which parent they wanted to live with. Wonder why they picked Dad?
Ann open the door to the fun house. That's an ivitation for laughs at her expense.
What was Ann doing to get herself thrown onto a concrete floor? A Bully is a bully and sometimes what goes around comes around.
Try again. I'm not buying it.
The girls NEVER lived with their dad. That should answer all questions clearly.
What was Ann doing to get thrown on the floor.....really?
Think we should leave their private life private, they have all suffered because of Dan's illness and trying to portray Ann as a horrible person which she obviously is not. Her daughter reflect the strength they have all gained through adversity.

Leaders are like eagles, you find them one at a time. Ann has been a noted leader in many things in her life, doing lots of things for other people. If you really know her you would be aware of that. And if you saw the caring, compasionite side of her you would not be bashing her like this.

If the issue is recreation, then let's talk about that and leave a family destroyed by divorce alone. I have seen enough of their pain.
One who knows

Lebanon, PA

#45 Jun 11, 2011
3O2-9II wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she should have put her kids first and got a handle on her temper. Maybe then she would've been at home and able to tend to her sick child.
Bad play on mamma's part. If Dad wasn't there and the child needed emergency care, screw the
PFA and do what needs to be done.
Ann used her kid as a pawn to make an ass out of her ex. She's pschyopath. She's playing the part of the victim. Come on. This is text book sh*t.
She has put her kids first. She is the one that is always there for them. Guess Dan is mad because he DOES look bad. Most people know his extreme temper and abusive issues, he is not friendly and make people feel uncomfortable. My guess is that he is the 302 911. He is the one that has been told he needs counseling but refuses to get it. He is still trying to make Ann look bad, that is what her kids see.
Over taxed homeowner

Lancaster, PA

#46 Jun 11, 2011
Again with the Topix Forums the essence of the article has been lost as people breakdown to discuss and I use that word loosely personal issues. For once it would be nice if people would actually talk about what the article was about. Does Jackson township need this rec center. Can it be afforded. What is going on with the township council. Why did Mr. Houtz call the police and what was the result. Who cares if Ann violated or didn't a PFA or if Dan is an Ahole or who hit or didn't hit who or has a bad temper or is a raving loon or any of that historical garbage.
3O2-9II

Chicago, IL

#47 Jun 11, 2011
Ann is the issue and the matter at hand. She's making a spectacle of herself. 
Her ex isn't getting into screaming matches at JT meetings. He's not calling into radio programs and calling township supervisor's names. 

If a rec center is what the people in JT want, give the idea a rest and put someone else in charge of doing the asking. There's a better chance of getting it. 

Ann has turned this into nothing more than a side show. She comes to meetings looking for a fight and she usually starts one. 

You are right, these posts have turned into more about Ann's character than a rec center. This is how Ann operates. 

Ann threw the first rock and now she's crying foul. 

tenured

Lebanon, PA

#48 Jun 11, 2011
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
The girls NEVER lived with their dad. That should answer all questions clearly.
What was Ann doing to get thrown on the floor.....really?
Think we should leave their private life private, they have all suffered because of Dan's illness and trying to portray Ann as a horrible person which she obviously is not. Her daughter reflect the strength they have all gained through adversity.
Leaders are like eagles, you find them one at a time. Ann has been a noted leader in many things in her life, doing lots of things for other people. If you really know her you would be aware of that. And if you saw the caring, compasionite side of her you would not be bashing her like this.
If the issue is recreation, then let's talk about that and leave a family destroyed by divorce alone. I have seen enough of their pain.
hmm dan has an illness lol... ok but you jbow how hard it is to fired from a teaching position? enough said lol
taxpayer

Lebanon, PA

#49 Jun 11, 2011
just wondering also wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, was there any need to mention Howard Kramer in this?????
was there any reason to put a dig in on Ed in this subject?
taxpayer

Lebanon, PA

#50 Jun 11, 2011
Writing fiction wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting stories and spelling....too bad none of it is factual. Seems someone has an active imagination or wants to make fun people. Must be the girlfriend of Dan the Abuser...which girlfriend? Where is he hiding? His address always changes.
Ann? Honey, is that you?
McGruber

Chicago, IL

#51 Jun 11, 2011
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
An Eagle? Really? A Looney bird is more like it.
A noted leader? OMG! Gruber is a well noted pain in the Azz!
I don't "really" know her, but I've seen her in action at a few meetings. I don't want to know her. I don't want her know my name or my kids names. The last time she disrupted a meeting, I waited to get in my car until I saw her drive away.
With friends like her, who needs enemies?
What the hell?
One who knows

Lebanon, PA

#52 Jun 11, 2011
Morbius wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if it costs the township millions in public monies, you twit!
Morbius, you intellectual marvel, calling people names. Has anyone asked the township for money for this project, I have not heard that? I know they do have a rainy day fund but don't know how much it is. Did you ever hear of people getting together and raising money/support for a cause to improve a community. You are probably not someone who supports anything....grumpy old person?

Perhaps we should spend the township money protecting Tom Houtz from the stupid things he seems to do! Call PSP because you don't want to listen to a township resident?

The little king of his own kingdom.
Involuntary 302 -9-11

Lebanon, PA

#53 Jun 11, 2011
tenured wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm dan has an illness lol... ok but you jbow how hard it is to fired from a teaching position? enough said lol
Dan dear, did you learn how to type? Wonderful! Now maybe you can get some of that suggested counseling for your PTSD from going to NYC on 9/11.I am sure the Salvation Army would pay for it since you don't get along with anyone there either. You are a ticking time bomb, your anger and rage are scary.
Your ex-wife put up with much more than she should have of your insecurity, glad she has the house, kids, and seems to be very comfortable with her life. And also nice she shares ideas with members of her community. She is not throwing stones but bringing up a topic for which she she has an extensive background. I have seen her work for kids in this community and now she would like to enjoy a conversation about recreation. Simple idea. Where do the people get off harassing her for an idea? Going on the radio to get caller input is not being a bully...please!
Guess Dan is still spreading those lies on this forum so he feels better about what he did to his family. Get help Dan or someone will have to put you away to protect others.
Focus

Lebanon, PA

#54 Jun 12, 2011
Could we please focus on the issue of a rec center?

I think there are many folks that would agree with Ann, maybe not totally but somewhat.

However when are those Jackson township supervisors going to listen to anyone?

Seems that Houtz guy(forget the first name and don't feel like re-reading) should get off if he can't handle the position and the residents that pay his salary.

How much does Jackson have for their rainy day fund? Got lots of rain yesterday
Yep

Lebanon, PA

#55 Jun 12, 2011
Houtz is a conceited a** and thinks he's above everyone. That's why he won't listen and throws a fit and walks out.
Throw the bum out

Lebanon, PA

#56 Jun 12, 2011
Do township supervisor's get paid? If they walk out of a meeting do they get docked pay?If they walk out and call the state police do we have to pay for that call also. I do not want my taxes going for a nut job like Houtz, when is he up for re-election?
Yep

Lebanon, PA

#57 Jun 12, 2011
Throw the bum out wrote:
Do township supervisor's get paid? If they walk out of a meeting do they get docked pay?If they walk out and call the state police do we have to pay for that call also. I do not want my taxes going for a nut job like Houtz, when is he up for re-election?
you wanna talk about wasting money...his wife is currently getting paid by her school to be on "disability", yet she's been seen doing all kinds of stuff and has been quoted as saying she's pain free...but can't teach...hmmm guess the too good for everyone attitude runs in the family.
Morbius

Norfolk, VA

#58 Jun 12, 2011
One who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Morbius, you intellectual marvel, calling people names. Has anyone asked the township for money for this project, I have not heard that? I know they do have a rainy day fund but don't know how much it is. Did you ever hear of people getting together and raising money/support for a cause to improve a community. You are probably not someone who supports anything....grumpy old person?
Perhaps we should spend the township money protecting Tom Houtz from the stupid things he seems to do! Call PSP because you don't want to listen to a township resident?
The little king of his own kingdom.
Then you have not been paying attention. Ann has been demanding that the supervisors spend the money on this project - and legitimate township business has been delayed and held hostage because of her madcap agenda.
You have no clue

Lebanon, PA

#59 Jun 13, 2011
The previous two posts are SO false there is really no reason to respond with any type of intellect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myerstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beverly smith Jul 20 Rick leitzel 1
News Amish Mafia returns to airwaves (Mar '13) Jul 18 d nolt awaits bi... 4
News Former Redwood Drive Resident Admits Molesting ... (Mar '10) Jun '16 girl needs help 3
News police, fire log - 8/7 (Aug '10) May '16 xxx 14
News Dixie reunion plans rev up (Jun '11) May '16 Cynnene Halsell J... 37
News Police blotter: Palmyra police thwart burglary ina Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
The Singing Zims (Feb '10) Mar '16 Vicki Hakun 33

Myerstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Myerstown Mortgages