Teen mom kicked off school bus for fe...

Teen mom kicked off school bus for feeding infant

There are 9 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Teen mom kicked off school bus for feeding infant. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

Bus drivers are in charge of enforcing the rules, but when 16 year old Shelby Rayburn brought out a bottle to feed her crying seven month old son Gavin, she was told that was against the rules.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

Danielle N

Bradenton, FL

#1 Mar 12, 2008
First of all the childs needs are what comes. What happens when the bus driver tells her make the child stop crying. I think there is a fine line with a baby and a teen eating on the bus. Who make the rules. It is men and woman who don't ride school transportantion. They could of made exceptions. At least the girl is still going to school and raising her child. I was a teen parent. Fight it all the way. As for the school board and trans----you need to look @ the whole picture. I find you in the wrong and it upsets me..Maybe she will drop out and not finish school , is that what u want her to do? Schools always think they know best, in this case--ur wrong
FYA

Apopka, FL

#2 Mar 13, 2008
"The Bus Driver Was Just Following The Rules" SO WAS Himmler. What An A**
fred

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3 Mar 13, 2008
At least this 16 yr old is tring to take care of things, If she can't bring a bottle on the bus to feed the child maybe the school board would be happy if she breast fed instead, when an infant is hungry you feed them, a little bit of common sense should be in order there are enough morons in this world we don't need more
rah

Tampa, FL

#5 Mar 13, 2008
Life is hard enough for a teen mom. I give her praise for knowing what her child's needs are and taking care of those needs! You can make a small child through adulthood wait and follow the rules but not an infant. God forbid she would have followed the rules, not fed her child and something would have happened to him. She is doing the BEST that she can and it sounds like a good job GIVE HER A BREAK!
Do it Doogie

Mission, KS

#6 Mar 13, 2008
16 yr old mother? Where was she bringing the kid to 10th grade show and tell? This is another shining example of the welfare puppy system in place. Where were this girls parents when she was out getting it on. Wheres the daddy?
Concern Citizen

Madison, AL

#7 Mar 13, 2008
The rules sucks! who wants to hear a baby cry for three hours nobody. At least she was trying to feed him or her I just don't understand what was the big deal with feeding the baby.

The bus driving should be ashame of hisself what a nut. I guess he had nothing else to do so that made him feel like a big man kicking a mom and her baby off the bus. NUT!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

Auburndale, FL

#8 Mar 13, 2008
Do it Doogie, alot of school's nowadays have classrooms where adults look after your kids while your in class. They did it at my High school, and it worked out pretty good!
REN

Clearwater, FL

#9 Mar 13, 2008
I think an acception should be made for this teen mother & her special needs child. Give her some credit for at least tending to the needs of her son!
AFPJ

Brandon, FL

#10 Mar 13, 2008
Acting like a responsible parent and what does it get her. Kicked off the bus. This driver should win a Darwin Award for his actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myakka City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is community notified Oct 28 Arcadia1 2
Legal Rights as a tenant? (Landlord selling house) (May '13) Sep '17 anon 3
News Arcadia teen charged with DUI manslaughter (Jun '10) Sep '17 The killer 74
Road flooding Aug '17 Gayle Reynoldddx 1
Kay Hine is "Murdered" not "Missing" in 1972. (Aug '08) Aug '17 The Guilty Project 89
horse pasture Jul '17 Lisa Nelson 1
central malony transformer shootings Jul '17 concerned 1

Myakka City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Myakka City Mortgages