Businesses failing to turn in sales tax

Businesses failing to turn in sales tax

There are 14 comments on the KFOR story from Nov 15, 2010, titled Businesses failing to turn in sales tax. In it, KFOR reports that:

It's no secret that just about everyone is strapped for cash these days, including city governments.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

Since: Jul 10

Montgomery, AL

#1 Nov 15, 2010
Well its kind of expected in the Con's of Edconomics and Finance during a recession, isn't it?
Get a Grip

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Nov 15, 2010
So let me get this straight. "The commission has hired additional people to focus on sales tax collections." This means even more fewer dollars! No wonder our property taxes are going up! We are having to pay for dead beat businesses!
Jane29

Newton, IA

#3 Nov 15, 2010
How is hiring more state workers going to help?
That seems to be the problem way to many city and state employees.
Hiring Freeze

Claremore, OK

#4 Nov 15, 2010
Jane29 wrote:
How is hiring more state workers going to help?
That seems to be the problem way to many city and state employees.
I thought the State of Oklahoma was under a hiring freeze so how can the state hire more employees?
Wiley

United States

#5 Nov 15, 2010
Sounds like the Oklahoma Tax Commission is not performing their duties, otherwise, why would they need to hire "additional" people?
This is just another example for wasted tax payer dollars. Where are the real leaders in the OTC and why are they not doing their jobs???
OTC corruption

Kingfisher, OK

#6 Nov 16, 2010
OTC corruption

Kingfisher, OK

#7 Nov 16, 2010
not the other chris

Edmond, OK

#8 Nov 16, 2010
But hey, we move forward with MAPS3 and more rennovations to the arenas! And now the commission want to spend millions more building the infrastructure to support a once-a-year racing circuit. We need to get rid of these boobs and install commissioners who are fiscally astute and have the city's best interest at heart. And who are less concerned with scamming citizens out of their tax dollars to line their pockets. As for the rest of the state, I agree that if the Tax Commission were doing its job, businesses would be coughing up their share of sales taxes or prosecuted, tight economy or not.
not the other chris

Edmond, OK

#9 Nov 16, 2010
oops, I meant NOT scamming...
Crooks

Tulsa, OK

#10 Nov 19, 2010
They are all crooks.
likewise

United States

#11 Nov 19, 2010
Get a Grip wrote:
So let me get this straight. "The commission has hired additional people to focus on sales tax collections." This means even more fewer dollars! No wonder our property taxes are going up! We are having to pay for dead beat businesses!
Businesses are having to pay for deadbeat customers too! It works both ways.

Since: Sep 09

Muskogee, OK

#12 Apr 24, 2011
ThomasA

Oxford, AL

#13 Apr 26, 2011
Why don't the cities get their tax and inspection,and license people on the streets checking all the roofers,painters, small two man lawn maintainence crews,car detailers,tree trimmers,pressure washers,etc, that work for cash only to avoid taxes not only for the city,county,and state but they are also cheating on the income tax and allowable amounts on social security. All towns have them but for some reason they go unbothered.

Since: Sep 09

Muskogee, OK

#14 Apr 28, 2011
Property taxes? Oh yes mine is up, it's now $68!
Oh but im poor! Sounds like the rich wants to lie to the
poor again! Like the Tea party! They taxes they cry about cost less than their $30,000 SUV! Cry over a $68 property taxe or an $30,000 SUV bill?
Get a Grip wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muskogee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grand jury indicts area residents (Jun '09) Fri Just saying 54
Muskogee county DHS workers lie...... (Mar '11) May 18 Loretta Rowe 49
A wild lawyer here I met her in the 90's Tulsa ... (Mar '15) May 10 walmartramen 60
News 2 people arrested in drowning of Jarret Clark (Aug '07) Apr '17 Allen hargrove 131
Girls that peg Apr '17 WalmartRamen 3
News Tahlequah's Operation Trainwreck Nets Seven Dru... (Nov '09) Apr '17 Lee st kings 131
ray's house-drug rehab (Jan '12) Mar '17 Concerned citizen 28

Muskogee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muskogee Mortgages