How Rick Perry Aggressively Pursued F...

How Rick Perry Aggressively Pursued Federal Aid He Now Decries

Posted in the Muskogee Forum

Since: Sep 09

Muskogee, OK

#1 Aug 17, 2011
http://swampland.time.com/2011/08/17/rick-per...

"In his presidential-campaign kickoff on Aug. 13, Texas Governor Rick Perry burnished his conservative credentials by attacking the idea of deficit stimulus spending.“Washington’s insatiable desire to spend our children’s inheritance on failed stimulus plans and other misguided economic theories have given us record debt and left us with far too many unemployed,” he said.

But ’twas not always so for Perry. Back in 2003, lobbyists under Perry’s direction went to Capitol Hill to lobby the Republican Congress for more than a billion dollars in federal deficit spending on “stimulus.” And they won. A 2005 report (PDF) by the Texas Office of State-Federal Relations boasted of “$1.2 billion in temporary state fiscal relief to Texas” through Medicaid that Perry’s lobbying operation had secured."

Muskogee, OK

#2 Aug 17, 2011
Also note, "In 2005, the lobbyists fought to restore $200 million in funding for No Child Left Behind that had been cut by the Senate. About $14.5 million of that money was directed to Texas for “innovation programs.” The Texas lobbying operation also supported several earmarks, including direct funds for maintenance dredging in the Matagorda shipping channel and money to study the feasibility of a desalination project in Freeport."

Muskogee, OK

#3 Aug 17, 2011
I urge all to stand up, get out & vote when it is time. Why just sit there & let this stuff happen!
Vote the Tea Party out!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muskogee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Can Stop Eh Wah Anytime I Want in Oklahomi Apr 29 Mary FatFuckFaceF... 1
Muskogee Sheriff Police took $53,000 from a Chr... Apr 25 NeckRedCops 1
Buyer Beware - Fantasy Castle Games and Video (Oct '07) Apr 17 Angelicandust 13
Jobs Apr 13 TAHLEQ 5
ray's house-drug rehab (Jan '12) Apr 5 Wow 22
anyone sleep with cakie lenard Feb '16 musk5 1
Does anyone know Adam warner (Jun '15) Feb '16 TRUMP YES 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muskogee Mortgages