Teen sentenced to 7-15 years for dead...

Teen sentenced to 7-15 years for deadly drunk driving crash

There are 28 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Mar 4, 2008, titled Teen sentenced to 7-15 years for deadly drunk driving crash. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

A Muskegon County teenager involved in a deadly drunk driving accident will spend up to 15 years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill Dikant

Queensbury, NY

#22 Mar 14, 2008
7 years is not overkill!!!.Will you imbecilles stop whining over his punishment. The Family will suffer for infinity!.He can suffer the time in Prison.

“Common sense RULES ”

Since: Sep 07

West Michigan

#23 Mar 14, 2008
roni wrote:
yea well i honestly think he shouldnt be in prison he wasnt the only one who made the choice to get in the car! he needs to go to a rehab and other things not jail or prison...!
and to dragon_fly121 aka steve thats wrong! he wishs that he would have died too.. and with people like u just make it worse on him... and i kno that if he isnt in prison for to long hell prolly end up killing himself! how great would u feel then!
Yeah, rehab works, just ask Lindsey Lohan

“Common sense RULES ”

West Michigan

#24 Mar 14, 2008
They should pull the liquor license of places that sell to underage buyers. Just as they should take the license to sell tobacco and lottery to places that sell to illegal children. Maybe then they will feel more responsible for their actions. At some point people will take responsibility for their own actions and straighten up.
saddened sister

Canton, MI

#25 Mar 14, 2008
I know for a fact that he will never forget this happened. Not only is his family going to make sure of that but this is not something that is going to just majically disappear. My s.i.l had the same thing to her cousin. His best friend drove drunk and as a result her cousin was killed. He did serve time, but not by the cousins familys choise. They fought with the courts to keep him out of jail due to the life term sentence that will forever be held over his head. Even 10 years later his has not touched another drink

“Common sense RULES ”

West Michigan

#26 Mar 14, 2008
saddened sister wrote:
I know for a fact that he will never forget this happened. Not only is his family going to make sure of that but this is not something that is going to just majically disappear. My s.i.l had the same thing to her cousin. His best friend drove drunk and as a result her cousin was killed. He did serve time, but not by the cousins familys choise. They fought with the courts to keep him out of jail due to the life term sentence that will forever be held over his head. Even 10 years later his has not touched another drink
The fact remains that people don't have to die over a stupid drink! Drink at home, or at least don't drive is the answer to this problem. Unfortunately people aren't always that smart, and alcohol makes them even braver.
Justice

Bethpage, NY

#27 Mar 20, 2008
Miss Meow wrote:
Now the store owners are about to lose their livelyhood because more parents are not watching their kids or raising them right. When children do something negative we blame everyone BUT the parent or the child.
Not necessarily, the parents of the boys don't want other parents to suffer the loss like they have. If the Kwik Way sold to these boys they will have no problem selling to the other tempted teens that will try the same thing. Hold the store responsible and maybe they too will help prevent another tragedy. Kids will be kids and temptation can get the best of them. It is too late to save Shawn, Aaron and Terry so the parents are reaching out to help other parents, they aren't suing the stinkin Kwik Way Mart, they are assisting in teaching them a lesson about following the LAWS!!!!!!!!!!

“Taz say Hi”

Since: Jan 08

Holland,MI

#28 Mar 20, 2008
Miss Meow wrote:
Now the store owners are about to lose their livelyhood because more parents are not watching their kids or raising them right. When children do something negative we blame everyone BUT the parent or the child.
Parents no longer have any control over any of their children who are over 18, the age of majority. It is no longer up to them to "watch over" a child that age, who is an adult, responsible for his own actions.
jlkjlj

Cranston, RI

#29 Jun 1, 2008
everyone is saying "well he is not the only one who made the choice" but if you think about it the other kids who made the choice got a lot worse of a punishment then him soo 7-15 is what he deserves

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muskegon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teacher turnover, 'chronic' absenteeism prevale... May 13 Rick 1
News WZZM13 - UFO sightings in West Michigan (Jun '07) May 5 Cathy 42
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) May 2 Robert 200
News Author David Pelzer delivers message to Reeths-... (May '08) Apr 26 KVB 9
News Jessica Heeringa found: This guy started the rumor (Jun '13) Apr '17 A friend 5
Scagel place Mar '17 Auld Skool 1
Andrew Raymond (Andy) MT. Garfield (Feb '13) Mar '17 Jesserap 4

Muskegon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muskegon Mortgages