Michigan woman dons wedding dress she wore in 1938

May 18, 2011 Full story: WKYC 11

A West Michigan woman has strolled down the aisle in her wedding dress for a second time.

Full Story

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#1 May 19, 2011
wow i cant imagine what it would look like because mine is 36 yrs old and is Really yellow looking now.
guess i should toss it out, not like im gonna wear it ever again. lol
Conjugal Visitation

Medford, NY

#2 May 19, 2011
Did she at least get the stains out before wearing it again?

Since: Aug 09

Silver Spring, MD

#3 May 19, 2011
She's all dressed up with no place to go but eternity....

Since: Aug 09

Silver Spring, MD

#4 May 19, 2011
After so many years it's no longer so much a wedding dress as it is grand mummy's bandages.

“cougar w/sharp claws”

Since: Mar 08

The kitten, NOT ME!!!!

#5 May 19, 2011
My MIL and her SIL can also fit into their dresses!!! They are both in their mid 80's.

“Ridin' The Devils Little Horse”

Since: Mar 08

Straight To Hells Door

#6 May 19, 2011
WOW that must have really been something.. A fashion show with Vintage Dresses and the Women who wore them...
:o)
@}-'--,---

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#7 May 19, 2011
Sooo cool, if she was remarrying her first husband. But to wear the same dress for a new husband, not so cool. Big whoop she can still fit into it, babe ya got a new man, look your best in a new dress!!!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#8 May 20, 2011
Colorado Chick wrote:
Sooo cool, if she was remarrying her first husband. But to wear the same dress for a new husband, not so cool. Big whoop she can still fit into it, babe ya got a new man, look your best in a new dress!!!
i'd say it IS a Big whoop to fit into that dress after all these years. they say most women gain about 25 lbs. after they get married. look around and its not hard to believe. actually they should probably up that number now. lol

“Grab all the good”

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#9 May 20, 2011
Pretty Feet wrote:
<quoted text>
i'd say it IS a Big whoop to fit into that dress after all these years. they say most women gain about 25 lbs. after they get married. look around and its not hard to believe. actually they should probably up that number now. lol
LOL And most women lose 30 pounds after a divorce ;)

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#10 May 20, 2011
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>LOL And most women lose 30 pounds after a divorce ;)
That's because they are not cooking all that fatty food with gravy at every freakin' meal and high calorie desserts for their husbands. Of course they also consumed at the meal table. Now, they are eating healthier, since they are on the hunt for a new stud muffin, zip calories.

“All things considered...”

Since: Nov 07

"you get back what you give"

#11 May 20, 2011
Wildbluerose wrote:
WOW that must have really been something.. A fashion show with Vintage Dresses and the Women who wore them...
:o)
@}-'--,---
That would have been cool to see. Not sure why some remarks are so callous. Ninety-eight and doing a vintage fashion show is very nice I think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muskegon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muskegon Heights Boy Scout Camp? Oct 21 achilles3456 1
Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... Oct 19 Brandon Champion III 2
Holland man found sleeping in Mason County hote... Oct 7 disco stu 2
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Sep 30 marlene70 13
Man came to door wanting me to vote Sep '14 backdrop001 1
Jessica Heeringa (Aug '13) Sep '14 Prayers for Jessica 11
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Sep '14 tjj 148
Muskegon Dating
Find my Match

Muskegon Jobs

Muskegon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Muskegon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Muskegon