Visitation for Nathan Kenney today

Visitation for Nathan Kenney today

There are 115 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Visitation for Nathan Kenney today. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

He was shot and killed. His body was discovered in a church parking lot. Thursday, friends and family members of Nathan Kenney will begin saying goodbye.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
lucy spencer

Toronto, Canada

#1 Mar 6, 2008
We are so sorry to hear about Nathan, we loved him so! Our heart felt sypathy go out to Brandon , Nates brother and Shelly, His mother and his babies mom Bethany.
With Deepest Sympathy,
Paul, Lucy, Sam, Sydney Spencer and Josh Cipolla
chas from Dutton

Amelia Court House, VA

#2 Mar 6, 2008
If he was trying to change his life around which has been stated several times, why then are the police calling this a "drug deal gone bad??" So..he was going to change his life around AFTER this deal?? He was there to sell drugs..and probably did not realize that his life was REALLY gonna change with this deal. God is inside that church..but Satan was in the parking lot!!
Mark in Holland

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 6, 2008
Why so much on this story? Like Chas said, if
the family was so adament about turning his life around, he wouldn't be still dealing. The media is treating this like a totally tragic and shocking incident. He was tied in with the local drug trade! Was he waiting to fall into a deeper sewer, before he would get his life together - or was he just talking out of his a*s anytime his mother or girlfriend pushed him to clean up?
Enough of this story - it's just another drug deal gone bad with a drugs 'n gun toting thug.

Since: Feb 08

Tri-cities area

#4 Mar 6, 2008
chas from Dutton wrote:
If he was trying to change his life around which has been stated several times, why then are the police calling this a "drug deal gone bad??" So..he was going to change his life around AFTER this deal?? He was there to sell drugs..and probably did not realize that his life was REALLY gonna change with this deal. God is inside that church..but Satan was in the parking lot!!
Your over the top here!
Did you bother to read the first post? Have some respect. Your judgment is not needed here. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Tri-cities area

#5 Mar 6, 2008
Mark in Holland wrote:
Why so much on this story? Like Chas said, if
the family was so adament about turning his life around, he wouldn't be still dealing. The media is treating this like a totally tragic and shocking incident. He was tied in with the local drug trade! Was he waiting to fall into a deeper sewer, before he would get his life together - or was he just talking out of his a*s anytime his mother or girlfriend pushed him to clean up?
Enough of this story - it's just another drug deal gone bad with a drugs 'n gun toting thug.
Find someone who cares what you think Mark. As I told Ch.*ss, this thread is about his visitation. Read the first post!
Why don't you try being part of the solution instead of the problem? Help those people find the funeral home website so they can share their condolences, instead of bashing their loved one!
Appalled

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Mar 6, 2008
First to Nathan's friends, family, co-workers and other loved ones, I wish to express to you my deepest regret for your loss. I however realize that these are words you are going to here a lot in the time to come and also realize that they are of no consolation.

Now to "chas from Dutton":
How DARE you so callously question the supposed circumstances surrounding Nathan's death!! Furthermore, you have a lot of gall to question Nathan's intentions to change his life around!! Nathan's death is tragic regardless of what the circumstances surrounding it might be!! Do not think for a SECOND that Nathan's life was any less precious to the people who loved him or to the God that you speak of merely because of the theory the police have for what lead to Nathan's death!!
Mark in Holland

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Mar 6, 2008
cheers 2u - didn't take long for one of these
responses. Since I am also 'over the top', according to you, I will defend Chas.

This is not the Obit page! This is a perpetual "news" story of a young adult that made bad decisions. Making front page "news" about visitation is not front page news. The criticisms we express are fair game for this forum. Repeat - THIS IS NOT THE MLIVE OBITUARY GUEST BOOK!

Tri-cities area

#8 Mar 6, 2008
Mark in Holland wrote:
responses. Since I am also 'over the top', according to you, I will defend Chas.
This is not the Obit page! This is a perpetual "news" story of a young adult that made bad decisions. Making front page "news" about visitation is not front page news. The criticisms we express are fair game for this forum. Repeat - THIS IS NOT THE MLIVE OBITUARY GUEST BOOK!
I dare you to repeat what you have just said as a reply to Lucy Spencer (the first post).
Do you even bother to read the topic at the top of the page? VISITATION FOR NATHAN KENNEY TODAY.
I'm just saying to have some respect. If you want to bash the guy, find the original front page story and I'm sure you will find someone who will think your real smart.("Smart A,S,S." that is!)
Biff

United States

#9 Mar 6, 2008
Mark in Holland wrote:
Those who feel the need to post negative, tactless words about someone they don't even know have issues. They usually say those things because they just can't go through the day without knowing that they upset someone else by what they say. They feel poorly about themselves, so what better way to boost an ego than by trashing someone who is dead? This may not be an obituary page, but it isn't a literary demolition derby, either. Go play on the playground with the other children if you can't grow up and be mature about what you say in public.

So tell me, how does it feel to be judged by someone that doesn't even know you? Get the hint.
Mark in Spring Lake

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 6, 2008
cheers 2u - I moved closer to you, for clarity. The first post is out of place, as I have said. Just because other posts are not 'Guest Book' sympathy remarks doesn't make us ("Smart A,S,S" that is!) Read the rest of this article. It says the same stuff as the original front page story - duhhhh - as well as visitation. Dollars to donuts, people aren't relying on this story to find out about his visitation. What people are discovering is that with 309 comments in 3 weeks time (or is it 1 year and 3 weeks?) you must have alot of empty time on your hands. Nice try attempting to put me in my place, though. Guess what? Now you and I are the entertainment portion of this forum - on a story that is getting way too much FRONT PAGE. Now go to the METH lab/ huffing story, and look for your next reason to raise your blood pressure.
Mark in Spring Lake

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 6, 2008
Biff - go pick on Buffy. There is no trashing of the dead. Your getting to analitical. I was bashing WOODTV on overdoing this story. Maybe they will have Helicopter shots of the Visitation, next?
rval-GrandRapids MI

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Mar 6, 2008
cheers 2u wrote:
<quoted text>Your over the top here!
Did you bother to read the first post? Have some respect. Your judgment is not needed here. You should be ashamed of yourself!
i think that was supposed to be posted on the online guestbook
rval-GrandRapids MI

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Mar 6, 2008
Biff wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who feel the need to post negative, tactless words about someone they don't even know have issues. They usually say those things because they just can't go through the day without knowing that they upset someone else by what they say. They feel poorly about themselves, so what better way to boost an ego than by trashing someone who is dead? This may not be an obituary page, but it isn't a literary demolition derby, either. Go play on the playground with the other children if you can't grow up and be mature about what you say in public.
So tell me, how does it feel to be judged by someone that doesn't even know you? Get the hint.
so how do you feel about the person[s] who killed him?
Peter

Saint Joseph, MI

#14 Mar 6, 2008
Cheers 2U and Mark: You two have WAAAAY too much time on your hands! So Mark,is it Spring Lake or Holland???
Mark

Knoxville, TN

#15 Mar 6, 2008
Biff wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, you're judging another person. I thought you said it wasn't OK to judge another person? Isn't that why you left organized religion? It's OK to judge someone outside of organized religion?

Tri-cities area

#16 Mar 6, 2008
Biff wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK-YOU BIFF! I usually don't feed the TROLLS, however, I was just being human and thinking about how Lucy Spencer would feel. It was an honest mistake on her part, more than likely.
I really liked the comment, "how does it feel to be judged by someone that doesn't even know you?"
LOL!

Tri-cities area

#17 Mar 6, 2008
rval-GrandRapidsMI wrote:
<quoted text>
i think that was supposed to be posted on the online guestbook
Good catch!
Mark in West Olive

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Mar 6, 2008
Peter - I just moved, again. In case Biff is
hard of hearing. Your right - but it is only
a temp issue. Not so sure about Cheers 2U (309 posts)

Tri-cities area

#19 Mar 6, 2008
Peter wrote:
Cheers 2U and Mark: You two have WAAAAY too much time on your hands! So Mark,is it Spring Lake or Holland???
That's a TROLL for you. They bounce around just looking to stir up trouble.
rval-GrandRapids MI

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Mar 6, 2008
Biff,
I am still waiting:
so how do you feel about the person[s] who killed him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muskegon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) May 26 Robert 164
cellphone May 25 hfz 1
Debate: Ferguson - Spring Lake, MI May 24 stryker 2
News Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... (Oct '14) May 18 dnsib1 4
PC Doc May 18 Oscar 1
Review: Touch Of Class Auto Wash Apr 29 B Ross 1
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Apr '15 Carol Taylor 19
More from around the web

Muskegon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]