Kate Gosselin: Being In Spotlight Is Tough

Full story: The Huffington Post

Kate Gosselin, co-star of TLC's "Jon & Kate Plus 8," says it's difficult reading stories about herself.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of87
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vince

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

So Kate who put you and the famiy there...don't fake surprise at the attention after putting your life on display and traveling the country like a merchandising ho...the goods being the kids and the cost your marriage and family.

Fake and a phoney
melissa

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

jon and kate made that decision together. you should group him in with her on that one.
Vince

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

melissa wrote:
jon and kate made that decision together. you should group him in with her on that one.
Responding to the healiner and it her flapping...again or is it still...her mouth. You would think if her kids were so important to her so would shut up and learn 2 words...no comment and let things die down but her ego and self is more important!
melissa

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

people want it both ways. they either want her to "no comment" or come on camera and tell the truth. she can't please everyone. what would you do if you were in their shoes?
Vince

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

melissa wrote:
people want it both ways. they either want her to "no comment" or come on camera and tell the truth. she can't please everyone. what would you do if you were in their shoes?
Shut up and go home! That's who she should care about her family and not what others want from her....but she needs the attention.
dickson

Waterloo, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

i am glad it is your life and not mine i feel sorry for the kids because you as parents are not there

Since: Feb 07

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

melissa wrote:
Well if i was in this bitch i would end the show real quick.I for one watched the show to see those 8 beautiful kids.Not having Kate scream at Jon like he is one of the kids.This bitch is out for one thing and that is the ole mighty dollar.If being in the spotlight is that tough than end it.
June

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2009

Judged:

Kate says that Jon is "her balance, her strength" and that he is predictable and solid. She should have shown more appreciation for the fact that he is steady, calm, private, balanced and laid back. Why does she get to be the bitch, yet he has to be balanced. I am so tired of these OCD, control freak bitches who fall in love with solid men and then treat them like shit. Leave the good ones for us and go find yourself a controlling OCD man to complete your life! He's your husband, not a hired butler.
Zee

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2009

Judged:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jon-and-kate-how-mu...

The Gosselins make up to $75,000 per episode on their TLC hit, Jon & Kate Plus 8, for a 20-episode season -- and that's not even counting all their freebies!

Kate, who grew up in a trailer park and didn't go on her first airplane ride until her honeymoon to Disney World, now flies only first class for speaking engagements (mostly paid for by churches), sells signed photos of her kids for $20 a pop at appearances, and received a free tummy tuck after giving birth (Jon received a free hair transplant). A family source says while pregnant with the sextuplets, she grew "obsessed" with how many goodies the famed McCaughey septuplets received in 1997.

Jon, now a stay-at-home dad, was fired from his job at Style Craft Corp in 2004 after "spending much more time" on a "quest" for freebies than working, the company's owner, David Rothermel, tells Us.(Rothermel finally has spoken out after growing furious at the couple's well-worn claim that he was fired because the company didn't want to insure his family.)

"Instead of keeping the attention on their kids, they've let the attention turn to money and fame," says a family source of Jon and Kate, who, according to Nielson Media Research, are ranked No. 8 on the list of cable shows with the most product placement.
Marc Berman, senior television editor at Mediaweek, says producers cannot continue to portray the Gosselins as an everyday family trying to raise eight kids.
"Their lives have changed - they're not struggling anymore," Berman tells Usmagazine.com . "They're eating at fancy restaurants now. Yeah, they still have eight children, but things are different.
Below, a sample of just some of the swag they've scored:
- Free beds
- Front-loader washing machines
- New furniture
- Free solar panels for "Going Green" episode
- Clothes from Gymboree and Gap
- Mady & Cara birthday at American Girl Place (2 dolls and birthday package for 2 adults & 2 kids):$710
- Trip to Florida Key's for Jon's 30th birthday
-Tickets to Dutch Wonderland amusement park:$309.50
-1/2 an organic cow from Natural Acres Farm:$1,395.00
-Tickets to Philadelphia Zoo:$104.00
-Tickets to Walt Disney World:$654.00 per day
- Utah house rental (estimate:$5,000), ski lift tickets $72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Upright piano, which they got rid of when they moved into their new $1.1 million home :$5,550-$6,350
- Violin:$100-$300
- Old house re-carperted
-Crayola Factory Tour:$90.00
-Teeth Whitening (for Jon & Kate):$1,310 (average price for 2 adults)
-Hair plugs (Jon):$5,200 (average cost)
-Sesame Street Place tickets:$509.50
-Day with Thomas the Tank Engine:$180.00
-Beach trip to North Carolina, house rental, Jeep tour
-Sight & Sound Christian theatre tickets:$236.00
-SkyBox at Phillies game
-LegoLand tickets:$550.00
-San Diego Zoo tickets:$278.00
-Grand Wailea Resort (Hawaii) for 2008 vow renewal: Suites range from $725-$1,080 per night.
-2 purebred German Shepherd puppies:$1,000-$3,000 per dog
- Please Touch Museum tickets:$150.00
- Giants grocery store:$5,000 in gift cards and a year's supply of diapers
In order for the show to survive, Mediaweek's Berman says the Gosselins need to be upfront with the audience.
"They're now a celebrity couple," says Berman. "The emphasis of the show has changed, and they need to address how they've evolved."
"If they don't evolve the show, I think the audience is going to be upset,"
he tells Us. "You can't fool an audience."
More news from Usmagazine.com
Zee

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2009

Judged:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jon-and-kate-how-mu...

The Gosselins make up to $75,000 per episode on their TLC hit, Jon & Kate Plus 8, for a 20-episode season -- and that's not even counting all their freebies!

As the Los Angeles Times reports that TLC is scrambling to find a way to revise the May 25 season premiere given the latest news on the couple, the delicate balancing act of how to incorporate reality into a heavily produced "reality" show is in the balance.

Kate, who grew up in a trailer park and didn't go on her first airplane ride until her honeymoon to Disney World, now flies only first class for speaking engagements (mostly paid for by churches), sells signed photos of her kids for $20 a pop at appearances, and received a free tummy tuck after giving birth (Jon received a free hair transplant). A family source says while pregnant with the sextuplets, she grew "obsessed" with how many goodies the famed McCaughey septuplets received in 1997.

Jon, now a stay-at-home dad, was fired from his job at Style Craft Corp in 2004 after "spending much more time" on a "quest" for freebies than working, the company's owner, David Rothermel, tells Us.(Rothermel finally has spoken out after growing furious at the couple's well-worn claim that he was fired because the company didn't want to insure his family.)

"Instead of keeping the attention on their kids, they've let the attention turn to money and fame," says a family source of Jon and Kate, who, according to Nielson Media Research, are ranked No. 8 on the list of cable shows with the most product placement.

"Their lives have changed - they're not struggling anymore," Berman tells Usmagazine.com . "They're eating at fancy restaurants now. Yeah, they still have eight children, but things are different.

Below, a sample of just some of the swag they've scored:

- Free beds
- Front-loader washing machines
- New furniture
- Free solar panels for "Going Green" episode
- Clothes from Gymboree and Gap
- Mady & Cara birthday at American Girl Place (2 dolls and birthday package for 2 adults & 2 kids):$710
- Trip to Florida Key's for Jon's 30th birthday
-Tickets to Dutch Wonderland amusement park:$309.50
-1/2 an organic cow from Natural Acres Farm:$1,395.00
-Tickets to Philadelphia Zoo:$104.00
-Tickets to Walt Disney World:$654.00 per day
- Utah house rental (estimate:$5,000), ski lift tickets $72 for six days), ski school lessons ($140 per child)
- Upright piano, which they got rid of when they moved into their new $1.1 million home :$5,550-$6,350
- Violin:$100-$300
- Old house re-carperted
-Crayola Factory Tour:$90.00
-Teeth Whitening (for Jon & Kate):$1,310 (average price for 2 adults)
-Hair plugs (Jon):$5,200 (average cost)
-Sesame Street Place tickets:$509.50
-Day with Thomas the Tank Engine:$180.00
-Beach trip to North Carolina, house rental, Jeep tour
-Sight & Sound Christian theatre tickets:$236.00
-SkyBox at Phillies game
-LegoLand tickets:$550.00
-San Diego Zoo tickets:$278.00
-Grand Wailea Resort (Hawaii) for 2008 vow renewal: Suites range from $725-$1,080 per night.
-2 purebred German Shepherd puppies:$1,000-$3,000 per dog
- Please Touch Museum tickets:$150.00
- Giants grocery store:$5,000 in gift cards and a year's supply of diapers

In order for the show to survive, Mediaweek's Berman says the Gosselins need to be upfront with the audience.

"They're now a celebrity couple," says Berman. "The emphasis of the show has changed, and they need to address how they've evolved."
melissa

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2009

Judged:

first off, i d on't believe a word us weekly says about anyone. they are nothing but trouble makers, not journalists. they are out for blood with every celebrity. i think what everyone fails to realize is, the fans of the show are actually happy for jon and kate. to read and learn where they came from to where they are today is amazing. i think it is great. why are you ripping on them for all they have unless you are jealous? they have never hidden the fact that the freebies were free. so what the trip to utah was free? that does not make them bad people or money hungry that someone offered them a free trip and they said yes. everything free was offered from someone, they did not ask for it. why would they say no. being honest with yourself, you would say yes to. and how would us weekly know their finances? get a grip! you are all taking this way to seriously. let us remeber that every celebrity gets freebies. the rollofs get freebies (speaking engagements,trips), tori spelling gets freebies, gene simmons gets freebies, the duggars get freebies,( plane tickets, hotel rooms)etc... they all get freebies. look at oscar, emmy night. they get 10,000 in free gifts. come on. i think you are all jealous that they are now celebrities and it is eating you alive. relax, just change the channel.
Vince

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

melissa wrote:
first off, i d on't believe a word us weekly says about anyone. they are nothing but trouble makers, not journalists. they are out for blood with every celebrity. i think what everyone fails to realize is, the fans of the show are actually happy for jon and kate. to read and learn where they came from to where they are today is amazing. i think it is great. why are you ripping on them for all they have unless you are jealous? they have never hidden the fact that the freebies were free. so what the trip to utah was free? that does not make them bad people or money hungry that someone offered them a free trip and they said yes. everything free was offered from someone, they did not ask for it. why would they say no. being honest with yourself, you would say yes to. and how would us weekly know their finances? get a grip! you are all taking this way to seriously. let us remeber that every celebrity gets freebies. the rollofs get freebies (speaking engagements,trips), tori spelling gets freebies, gene simmons gets freebies, the duggars get freebies,( plane tickets, hotel rooms)etc... they all get freebies. look at oscar, emmy night. they get 10,000 in free gifts. come on. i think you are all jealous that they are now celebrities and it is eating you alive. relax, just change the channel.
The fans r acrually happy for them?...r like their recent behavior? Hey head in the clouds Kate needs to quit whining and has to know that the media attention is part and parcel of their celebrity or she is just stupid.
They need to act accordingly.

Well I don't hear anyone of the other celebrity families whining and complaining that they aren't what they are either, celebrities..as they appear on numerous talk shows and do numerous articles for mags. Also don't see them ignoring their families and seeking out personal, individual stardom like Kate. Ego and greed have helped to shine the limelight on them.

People don't have to shut up...it is the way it is.
melissa

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

she does know the media attention is part of their celebrity. if you listen to interviews from her, not the tabloids, she has stated numerous times that this comes with the territory.
Vince

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

melissa wrote:
she does know the media attention is part of their celebrity. if you listen to interviews from her, not the tabloids, she has stated numerous times that this comes with the territory.
So then she needs to shut up and quit the whining and the act.
Cindy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

melissa wrote:
Melissa did you say that the freebies are FREE....holy shit what else would they be????????
melissa

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

Vince wrote:
<quoted text>
So then she needs to shut up and quit the whining and the act.
as i see it, jon is the one whining about how he can't be himself. he said on the last episode that,"ican't be jon, i have to be jon and kate plus 8." i don't hear that coming out of her mouth. i hear her saying it is hard, which you must admit, it must be.
Vince

Merritt Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
as i see it, jon is the one whining about how he can't be himself. he said on the last episode that,"ican't be jon, i have to be jon and kate plus 8." i don't hear that coming out of her mouth. i hear her saying it is hard, which you must admit, it must be.
He ain't all over the place selling his kids and in magazine articles.

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

Damn Melissa u have issues.U are defending someone who could care less about anyone on this site.U are entitled to ur opinion
My Opinion

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

name814 wrote:
<quoted text>still at it i see how about you open your eyes and see you are defending a fraud.
This is true!

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2009

Judged:

When did this bitch become a superstar.To me a star is someone who make movies and work for their dollar.Not some to bit that blasters her children on the tv.Slaps the shit out of her hubby and treats him like shit.Most of the time when they are being interviewed Jon has his ass right beside her shrugging his shoulders.Damn that bitch has him pu@#y whipped.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of87
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Muskegon Forum right now

Search the Muskegon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
William Scagel home (Feb '13) 20 hr William Scagel JR 7
old friend Apr 4 buzz 1
More (light) Snow, Continued Cool Mar 30 Alice 2
Woman a victim of chop shop operation (Aug '08) Mar 30 shelly Wolfe 38
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
•••
•••
•••
•••

Muskegon Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Muskegon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance