Family and the hurt that comes with them

Family and the hurt that comes with them

Posted in the Muscle Shoals Forum

Just confused

Madisonville, KY

#1 Nov 22, 2012
To make a long story short, I recently have come into a problem with someone in my immediate family and to be honest, I know them and I are both wrong in certain ways, but I can't help to wonder why family will hurt each other before a stranger will hurt ya. I wish I could go back and make things different, but I don't know that I can. I can try, but the fact that I fear more hatred from them kills me. I know they hate me now. They made that clear by the things they said to me, but I still love them and I am trying to be christian about it and just love and forgive them, but I feel that they are set in their proud and self centered ways. I had a talk with my pastor and he said he was going through a situation once and that his suggestion was to actually sit down and write a hand written letter expressing my love for them, the fact that I hate how things became, and just explain why I wanted what I want from them that stared the whole thing.

Do any of you think it would help or at least be a step in the right direction? My pastor stated it is easy to just delete an email before reading it and might be just as easy to take a letter and throw it in the trash, but he said that he thinks there is this part of us that has a curiosity to open a letter to see what is on the inside. What do you think?

Decatur, AL

#2 Nov 24, 2012
I would make every effort to reconcile with the family member. If you write the letter, then you'll know you've done the right thing. It will then be up to the other person to do the right thing.

I would be careful to use words that can't be misconstrued. Often letters are misunderstood since the reader can't hear your tone of voice or ask questions.

Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muscle Shoals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3sum tonight? 31 min Couples 1
john o. henderson Thu hills 5
University cdjr Oct 1 Elise 1
what's hookup Inside me & add whatsapp number i... Sep 28 ass33 2
Weed hookups Sheffield (Nov '13) Sep 28 ass33 4
Don't move to Florence, alabama (Jan '07) Sep 26 Drew 187
Question Sep 25 BooBoo 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Muscle Shoals Mortgages