Temecula vs Murrieta
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Retiring

Walnut Grove, CA

#1 Mar 5, 2010
I heard that both Temecula and Murrieta were nice. Can anyone tell me the real differences between the 2 cities? I'm thinking of retiring there.
Yeah

El Centro, CA

#2 Mar 5, 2010
Father south the better. The weather even changes between Murrieta and Temecula The cool breeze comes from the south end from the ocean.
Less traffic in the south (Redhawk, Morgan Hill) less apartments, closer to getting out to the country. You don't have to deal with Winchester Road
But both towns are nice, I just prefer Temecula and that's why we moved here instead of Murrieta two years ago.
Beats the hell out of anything north for 100 miles.
Schwarzanizzle

Corona, CA

#3 Mar 5, 2010
Good thing you are retired cause there are no good job prospects near either of those towns.
PottyMouth

Vista, CA

#4 Mar 5, 2010
Murrieta is kind of a dump. My brother and his family live there. I know his wife and mother in law are trash. During the housing boom scum from LA that had an income of $40k were able to purchase a home and bring all their inner city problems to the country. I am sure there are exceptions to the rules. It is over developed for the available job market. Temecula is nice.
some of us

Chino, CA

#5 Mar 5, 2010
Think 79 south is a mess... especially on the weekends.The clown who posted South Temecula is nice is an idiot.... traffic will back up 2 miles to get to Pechanga on the 15. Move to Menifee or any where but the 3 exits that 100,000 people are trying to get off of in Temecula... Murrieta has at least 5 exits you can use....Yeah is a clown and must be a realtor. Wildomar is easier to access than Temecula.
Retiring

Inglewood, CA

#6 Mar 6, 2010
Schwarzanizzle wrote:
Good thing you are retired cause there are no good job prospects near either of those towns.
I know the job market is not good almost anywhere now. What is Sun City like? Isn't that a retirement complex where you must be 55 years old to buy?
Retiring

Inglewood, CA

#7 Mar 6, 2010
PottyMouth wrote:
Murrieta is kind of a dump. My brother and his family live there. I know his wife and mother in law are trash. During the housing boom scum from LA that had an income of $40k were able to purchase a home and bring all their inner city problems to the country. I am sure there are exceptions to the rules. It is over developed for the available job market. Temecula is nice.
OK. What is Fallbrook like, and how would it compare to Temecula?
PottyMouth

Vista, CA

#8 Mar 6, 2010
Retiring
The "Friendly Village" (Fallbrook) is not as friendly as it once was but is still not bad. Core population is in town. A few appartments, moble homes and small houses occupied by the people you would expect. Two supermarkets plus a couple ethnic markets. Small town feel. Outside town its great. Stunning panaramic mountain views, avocado farms, large lots, large custom homes and easy golf access. My parents retired here.
Yeah

El Centro, CA

#9 Mar 7, 2010
some of us wrote:
Think 79 south is a mess... especially on the weekends.The clown who posted South Temecula is nice is an idiot.... traffic will back up 2 miles to get to Pechanga on the 15. Move to Menifee or any where but the 3 exits that 100,000 people are trying to get off of in Temecula... Murrieta has at least 5 exits you can use....Yeah is a clown and must be a realtor. Wildomar is easier to access than Temecula.
Oh please. I live around 6 miles east from the 15/79 intersection and during rush hour it takes me 10 minutes to travel it. There's traffic, but nothing like Murrietta Hot Springs, Winchester or the others north of it. If all you have to complain about southern Temecula is the couple of miles between the 15 and Pechanga Parkway, then it's obvious there's not much to complain about. Keep your apartments, and low income housing I'll keep my ten minutes. And Menifee or Wildomar!?! That's a laugh.

Oh FYI I'm an engineer, not a realtor, so suck it.
waigurl19

Yorba Linda, CA

#10 Mar 8, 2010
No, no, it's not you, it's me, I'm the one who thinks your a bad person. That's why I set your fake hat on a fake shelf. Cause everyone knows that if you pretend to set a fake gift on something it's a sign that you think the person that gave it to you is a bad person.
Retiring

Walnut Grove, CA

#11 Mar 8, 2010
PottyMouth wrote:
Retiring
The "Friendly Village" (Fallbrook) is not as friendly as it once was but is still not bad. Core population is in town. A few appartments, moble homes and small houses occupied by the people you would expect. Two supermarkets plus a couple ethnic markets. Small town feel. Outside town its great. Stunning panaramic mountain views, avocado farms, large lots, large custom homes and easy golf access. My parents retired here.
Sounds nice. What about further south, like Vista or Oceanside?
Hey Yeah

Irvine, CA

#12 Mar 8, 2010
How about that low income complex going in by Home Depot? Maybe they'll steal your lawn furniture. All the apartments just past Pechanga parkway? Lets not forget all the tweakers using 79 South to get out of the desert. Being a janitor does not make you an engineer, it makes you a toilet cleaner. Hope you choke on the silica dust from the quarry comming in, maybe they have toilets there for you to clean. Idiot.
PottyMouth

Vista, CA

#13 Mar 8, 2010
Retiring. Most of Vista and Oceanside are pretty bad even on the coast. There is one area in Oceanside call Jeffries Ranch its not exclusively retirment but I know some old farts that live there and they seem to like it. Parts of San Marcos are a little better. South and North Escondido is nice too.
PottyMouth

Vista, CA

#14 Mar 8, 2010
Oh by the way "Yeah" is right on the money. The farther south and east you go in Temecula the best. When you get out to wine and horse country it is great. I dont know what your budget is.
Jason

Chino Hills, CA

#15 Mar 8, 2010
Retiring wrote:
I heard that both Temecula and Murrieta were nice. Can anyone tell me the real differences between the 2 cities? I'm thinking of retiring there.
Murrieta has its own Police and Fire where Temecula is contracted with with the county services which helps explain the fact that Murrieta is the safest city in Riv county and one of the safest places to live in CA. all the local cops live and work in Murrieta. Both citys hav almost the same demographics...you can't go wrong with either. Most of my family moved from LA to Murrieta and we are all happy.
The Colony is a gated golf community in Murrieta (55years+) is is near the 15 & 215 freeways. Sun City is cheep...some might call it quaint. good luck to you.
Jason

Chino Hills, CA

#16 Mar 8, 2010
PottyMouth wrote:
Dude, Murrieta is the safest city in Riverside county and one of the safest in CA! look at the demographics in Murrieta....income, education, population, schools, etc you will its among the top anywhere. Yes unfortunatly some bad loans were made to some interesting people, but that happend all over South Riv. Nice way to talk about you family. Get a clue
PottyMouth

Vista, CA

#17 Mar 8, 2010
But they are trash (section 8, HUD, any government hand out they can get) transplants and they talk down about their neighbors. The city may be safe but the other items you talk about are a bunch of crap. Why dont you get a clue moron? I see you don't even live there.
Yeah

El Centro, CA

#18 Mar 8, 2010
Hey Yeah wrote:
How about that low income complex going in by Home Depot? Maybe they'll steal your lawn furniture. All the apartments just past Pechanga parkway? Lets not forget all the tweakers using 79 South to get out of the desert. Being a janitor does not make you an engineer, it makes you a toilet cleaner. Hope you choke on the silica dust from the quarry comming in, maybe they have toilets there for you to clean. Idiot.
You got me at the low income complex going in... not done yet and most people here are against it and well...it's not over. And as for the tweakers, what does having a road that heads to the desert have to do with anything. Seriously you're reasons make no sense.(Lawn furniture?) And silica dust? Do you know what silica dust is? Do you make logical decisions based on fact or whatever you read in the paper? Your anger, name calling and want for suffering is worrysome.

Anyways, we're close to Old Town, what's old town Murietta like? How about short drive to all the wineries? What does Murietta have to offer?

Also, yeah your bang on with Janitorial Engineer, you got me. Since I've mentioned what I do for a living, why don't you fill us in on what you do. It'll help with understanding what type of person makes baseless, anger fueled comments.
Old Town Temecula

Chino, CA

#19 Mar 9, 2010
Cops and bars are nothing to brag about. Saturday traffic in Faux Town is a nightmare. How about the illegals that hang out by the Stampede looking for under the counter jobs? Now lets look at the mall, hordes of metro sexual teenage males who wear skinny jeans (probably thier little sisters) and dream of Joey Ramone and teenage girls who dress like Vegas hookers, they had to put full time cops there to handle all the teenage crap going on ....Yep gets better and better in Temecula.
becky

North Chili, NY

#20 Mar 10, 2010
My husband and i are moving to Ca he is being stationed at March afb. we have teenagers were is the best place to live? i want safe and good schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murrieta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) Mon Cr8zycakes 433
What is Menifee Lakes? (Feb '07) Jul 22 Pumpkin pie 23
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts (Jul '16) Jul 20 Bhalcovich 64
kelly jarka murder trial verdict (Sep '09) Jul 18 Needtobethere 39
News Hobby drones are threats to firefighting aircraft Jul 17 Joe 1
Flying the Mexican Flag in front of a Menifee Home (Oct '09) Jul 13 JuJu 31
News Bust Made In Prostitution Sting At Massage Parlor (May '06) Jun '17 Jakdntan 222

Murrieta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Murrieta Mortgages