Lake Elsinore fumes..

Posted in the Murrieta Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kathy

Long Beach, CA

#1 Mar 30, 2006
I plan on moving to Lake Elsinore but I have been hearing rumors about some residents complaining about fumes from the lake. I would just like to make sure that there is nothing for me to worry about so that after I move I won't regret anything. Thank to all who might reply.
NGLN

San Francisco, CA

#2 Mar 31, 2006
I have lived a few miles south east of the lake for about 8 years and I have never heard of a problem. It seems to me that I did hear something about this about 25 years ago. They are doing a lot to clean up the lake and are working to keep the water levels up. Mostly the problem as I understand it is the amount of algae. They are pumping air into the lake and removing some of the unwanted fish. I have boated on the lake a few times and did not experience any problems.

BTW I am not a Realtor and I don't have any intrest in promoting the City.
charles g

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Jul 15, 2007
I moved from LB last year and love it out here. the lake is clean now due to a new UV filtration system. I jetski at least once a week all year long and this year has been super clean. never mind those old rumors, this is the best lake locally.
Dawn

AOL

#4 Oct 20, 2007
i moved here from Huntington Beach a year ago. I hate the albertsons and stator bros. Dont do it. The commute is hell. This was a big mistake, I want to leave but cant Because the housing market took a dive.
DEPORT

Covina, CA

#5 Oct 21, 2007
"LAKE IS NOT CLEAN"

the city is a complate dive, and will only get worse, i know many people that have gotten infections after boating or jet sking in the bowl of toxic soup they call a lake, i even feel sorry for the fish..living in lake elsinore give me a break, the entire inland empire of riverside county is complete trash, i am a Calif native raised in SAN DIEGO its pathetic what this state has become. i am in the housing market in SO CAL
however i never would advise a client to move to ELSINORE not even for my personal financial gain, ide rather lose the sale then put a family in that sh1# hole..
Julie

Perris, CA

#6 Oct 22, 2007
I have lived in Lake Elsinore for over 13 yrs and all I see is improvement. The #1 problem with our Lake is that it can't escape the past with all the rumors, jokes, and problems. The City is committed to improving the Lake and all the surrounding areas. There is a water improvement project in effect and many committed city people. It just takes time and we already see great changesin our lake and city. As for fumes, it sounds like a rumor to me. If the Lake was fuming it did not interfer with the record breaking numbers of boaters and skiirs that used the Lake this past summer and or the long lines to get in. The only thing that makes our lake toxic is the "rude ignorant people" that are clueless about Lake Elsinore.

“Take It Easy, It's Only Me”

Since: May 07

Menifee, CA

#7 Oct 22, 2007
Lake Elsinore has historically been known as the town of trailer trash and gangs. But in the past couple of years, things are taking a turn for the better.

Stay away from the lake area, the neighborhood is blighted there. Either move in at the north boundary off of Lake Street, or move east off of Railroad Canyon Rd.
LER

Diamond Bar, CA

#8 Oct 22, 2007
Julie wrote:
I have lived in Lake Elsinore for over 13 yrs and all I see is improvement. The #1 problem with our Lake is that it can't escape the past with all the rumors, jokes, and problems. The City is committed to improving the Lake and all the surrounding areas. There is a water improvement project in effect and many committed city people. It just takes time and we already see great changesin our lake and city. As for fumes, it sounds like a rumor to me. If the Lake was fuming it did not interfer with the record breaking numbers of boaters and skiirs that used the Lake this past summer and or the long lines to get in. The only thing that makes our lake toxic is the "rude ignorant people" that are clueless about Lake Elsinore.
Couldn't have said it better myself. LE has done nothing put improve. I'm a life time resident of Costa Mesa (O.C.) and ONLY moved out here because of the housing market. I never thought that i would grow to like LE as much as i do. Rumors is all it is.
DEPORT

Covina, CA

#9 Oct 22, 2007
might want to brush up on some history, or read some news paper articles regarding elsinore, ive lived here since 1969many have died with misterous infections , the area and lake are pure funk...
menifee mom

AOL

#10 Oct 22, 2007
Maybe check out some surrounding areas of LE. Murrieta, Menifee etc. Lake Elsinore doesnt have the best reputation. Rumor or not - same with Moreno Valley - it is what it is.
Jeff

Perris, CA

#11 Oct 23, 2007
Please update us on all these mysterious infections that people have died of in Lake Elsinore. I love history and I'd like to know where you are getting all your resources that are documented and true? Thanks

“Drive it like you stole it”

Since: Apr 07

Lake Elsinore

#12 Oct 23, 2007
I have lived here since i was 5 when i moved here from huntington beach in 1980. Grew up on a water front home most of my life playing and jet sking on the water and have never been sick or got an infection. there where times back in the early 90's where the lake was green because too much algea but the city has invested millions in airation equipment and the lake has been nice for years now. Don't listen to the people that go by all the rumors from the past when it was low during a drought and turned green. The city keeps the water level up and that has brought in investors who are going through the process of building 300 million doller marina and boat mall and restuarants. So they are not going to build here if something was wrong with the lake. Here is a link on that.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/02/06/ne...
Karmangal

Plymouth, MN

#13 Oct 23, 2007
As with any area there's good and bad so don't let any person's comments scare you about Lake Elsinore's reputation. As far as fumes or odors from the lake I have lived here since 2004 and am about 6 blocks from the north side and have yet to detect any odors. Good luck to you!
KIM

Covina, CA

#14 Oct 24, 2007
THE PLACE IS TRASH!!!
waterkc

San Antonio, TX

#15 Oct 24, 2007
I have lived in LE since 2001. The City has come along way, since I used to come over here from the OC as a kid in the 70's to ride dirt bikes. I would also advise looking in the area's recomended above in the post or even the surronding town/citys. Keep in mind the traffic has gotten really bad over the past few years with more moving out off the 15. There is no exspansion project on the books for the 15. So the drive is brutal. Its not odd to hear of some working in Long Beach or Huntington and having a 1.5/2 hr drive on a bad day. That does mean there are lots of car pools also.

I must admit I have not spent much time in the Lake it self but the water has appeared to clean up in the past few years, just by driving by it. It's blue again! The City Counsel has put lots of money in re-gentrafying the area, and they are committed to making EL a better place to live. The beach's by the lake have new Gazebo's. The bleeding edge services are showing up such as FIOS-Verizon. The local Police Dept has grown in the past year by 2.5 officers, the Marina at the south end of the lake, etc.

The old image of EL is slowly going away. But history is hard to shake. I would take the pot shot comments as just that, there are good and bad to all places, right.

All the best in your decision.
Andrea

West Hills, CA

#16 Oct 24, 2007
I've lived here 3 years, I would be in O.C but I don't feel like giving up my first born to live there. You get what you pay for... try Temecula. There is good and bad in EVERY city Mr./Mrs. Moreno Valley. LE is by far the best, but I have seen worse.
Trolls

Diamond Bar, CA

#17 Oct 24, 2007
All of you negative ppl posting in here about LE and calling it trash obviously have not educated yourselves. You are just a bunch of trolls and talk crap.
lizzy

Redondo Beach, CA

#18 Oct 24, 2007
KIM wrote:
THE PLACE IS TRASH!!!
hmm i think you might've been talking about yourself.
lizzy

Redondo Beach, CA

#19 Oct 24, 2007
lake elsinore is and old historic town that is amazing if it was such a worthless place then why are there thousands of people coming down to live here your jsut polluting our city all of you that talk trash go back to where you came from and never come back! u can all talk crap but you all you are doing is talking about yourself
julie

United States

#20 Oct 24, 2007
I moved here a year ago, and I just love it. It's a great place to live and the air is cleaner here too! I check the air quality on the airnow website and phone, and it's better than other areas. Shopping, relaxed lifestyle, beautiful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murrieta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristie 🌹Rose unethical practice with p... Thu Bob jus 1
Unique Gifts Thu craftyppl 2
Diabetes: I believe it's due to obesity Jan 28 lady Morgana 9
To Chris W. in Menifee Jan 28 anonymous 3
Border-crossers should stay in Texas, a Califor... (Jul '14) Jan 27 funny 7
racism exists in temecula (Sep '09) Jan 27 Go Blue Forever 189
What do you think of Temecula? (Jun '09) Jan 25 ChasAZ 56

Murrieta News Video

Murrieta Dating
Find my Match