kelly jarka murder trial verdict
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Zach

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Feb 8, 2012
Janet, are you a christian? Are you a Jehovah Nitwit? I bet you are one of these. Shut up! Homicide detectives do a hell of a job. Usually husbands and wives show emotion when the other dies tragically. You know, shed some tears. Watch "The First 48" on A&E. It's not that difficult to tell who is lying and who is really grieving. I love hearing these lines: "But he was a church going man" or "But he was a man of god". They mean absolutely nothing. Keep believing in fairy tales you morons.
Shanna Is Stupid

Montgomery, AL

#23 Feb 8, 2012
God. God. God.
Janet

San Mateo, CA

#24 Feb 17, 2012
Zach, I am agnostic. In case you donít have a dictionaryÖ a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God. b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

But that being said, I am 100% against organized religion of any sort because I do believe that it causes people to be somewhat brainwashed and delusional.

Iím so disappointed in the ignorant things that have been said that I almost stumped. Almost.

For anyone that believes you can tell whether someone is guilty or innocent by analyzing their behavior after an event, do your research. Even trained professionals cannot tell whether someone is telling the truth or lying. That is a fact. Even polygraphs have been proven to be accurate only 50% of the time.

Again, I am not saying this man is innocent. I am only saying that there was not nearly enough evidence to convict him. I am only saying that we seem to want to lock someone up for every crime, REGARDLESS of whether they actually committed the crime or not.

The fact that he built shoddy houses or that he was a Jehovahís Witness are unbelievably irrelevant to whether or not he did this crime.

I am NOT okay with sending anyone to prison because ďZachĒ didnít like the way Jarka didnít shed a tear, or thinks that because thereís ďoverkillĒ, that Jarka is the obvious killer.

Zach, youíre as dumb as a rock, but if you were imprisoned for something where there wasnít enough evidence, I would be here saying even YOU shouldnít have been convicted. And Iím terrified of people as ignorant as you. My point is, itís irrelevant to me what Jarka did for a living, who he cheated on his wife with, how he acted after he discovered his wifeís body, etc., the only thing that matters is that there isnít any direct evidence against this man.

Since: Jun 08

Oakland, CA

#25 Mar 14, 2012
The only thing wrong with this country is the lack of victims rights and all the attention we give to criminals and convicts. Read and listen carefully: AN INNOCENT MAN DOES NOT SIT QUIETLY IN COURT WHILE BEING TRIED FOR MURDER.
defending killer

Minneapolis, MN

#26 May 10, 2012
An innocent man? Yeah ok. Searching the internet for hundreds of ways to kill someone on its own..I guess isn't a bad thing. The problem is when your wife gets MURDERED shortly after? Not to mention all the rest of the crap. Does this guy really seem like a "religious" person. By a huge majority of the time the killer is someone very close to the person. If you completely disregard the massive evidence....then forget it..we will just let everyone free. I would think you religious freaks would want justice for a murder victim. And if not this guy..WHO is more likely? And maybe a religious person shouldnt be spending hours on the internet searching for ways to kill people and not get caught.
ocflipper

United States

#27 Aug 14, 2012
I strongly believe the jury got it wrong. No one could ever prove he was there...no blood...no fingerrints....no dna...no weapon....nada!!!...nothing!!! ! How could they prove his seatches on his computer were all done solely by him. I truly believe he is innocent!
Janet

San Mateo, CA

#28 Aug 21, 2012
Unfortunately most jurors are as ignorant as Zach. Itís a large part of the problem with the justice system.

The things he lists are NOT evidence. If we go by Zachís logic, the fact that I have a carton of milk in my fridge means I milked the cow it came from.

While itís true that many family members; husbands, boyfriends etc. ARE convicted of their significant othersí murders, many times it is because they are so close to the victim, that itís extremely difficult to exclude them via an alibi. Police tend to focus on them and get severe tunnel vision.

Overkill is not a ďtelling signĒ. We like to think that because weíve heard FBI profilers use that term we understand it, but itís not an indicator of WHO committed the crime. Itís more a sign of someone panicking because they can later be identified and are doing everything in their power to stop that from happening. Felons are notorious for overkill because they have already learned that they must get rid of any witnesses.

The police and public like to evaluate how someone reacts to tragedy, panic or grief. I donít understand that because itís simply an incredibly poor indicator of guilt or innocence.

Additionally, the second youíre harassed or accused of a crime, you stop focusing on the victim. Iíve seen people on trial in a capital murder case where the victimís family says,ďHe has no remorse.Ē Seriously? Even if he DID do it and DOES feel remorse, how is he going to legitimately feel that way when heís fighting for his life or liberty? And if he DIDNíT do it, heís too angry about being on trial to feel much sympathy.

Again, IíM NOT SAYING HE IS INNOCENT. Iím saying that these preconceived notions people have are extraordinarily dangerous and terrifying.
JDL

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Sep 1, 2012
I went to grade & high school with his sisters; his family lived in my small IL town in the 70s & 80s. I did not know Kelle personally or in passing; he was 4-5 years younger than me, and when you are young, that is a considerable gap.

I remember the Jarkas as a very peaceful, religious family. I don't recall them as being anything by soft-spoken, calm and - in the purest sense of the word - unemotional. Nothing ever seemed to rattle them. Let me be clear: I was not close to this family, I am not a Jehovah's Witness, and I haven't seen or had contact with any of them since 1982.

Given what I have read about this case (by the way, where are the forensics?) and seen here, coupled with the family that I knew 'back then'... this man in my eyes is innocent, and his children wrongfully taken from him.

And worst of all, a murderer is still free.
CeeDeeMe

La Fayette, GA

#30 Oct 1, 2012
Mr. Jarka did seem "dry" on his 911 call, but "stress" and shock are processed internally based on many factors which include training, emotional history, experiences, etc. Did anyone notice a strong heaving "sniffle" from apparent "crying" while he was running toward the mother-in-law's house. When reviewing the limited evidence provided by the "TV" show, it is clear that this man should get a new trial! The police in this town botched this one. If there is anyone out there who knows if Mr. Jarka has filed any appeals and which prison he is in, I would like to know.
Dingdong

Moncton, Canada

#31 Dec 14, 2012
Mr. Dick Jones from New Jersey. Would it be fair of me to say that all the Jones in the world are evil?
I know of a case where a JW was transporting packages that he claimed he did not know what was in them. He was caught by an under cover policeman and judged guilty and had to do time. The elders in the congregation asked to see the files because he kept on denying it. They were permitted and the evidence proved he was guilty. Because he refused to repent, even though he was given a reasonable time to do so, he was no longer allowed to call himself a JW. After a time he did admit his guilt, repented, no longer pursued such a criminal course and was was restored back to the congregation. Mr. Jarka will be given the same opportunity, guilty or not. We still have to respect the laws of the land. And no Mr. Jones, I do not think you are evil. May-be you should take the time to talk to a JW and find out for yourself.
Sherry Lobajeski

San Jose, CA

#32 Jul 22, 2014
The man is guilty plain and simple for any of you that have common sense. The husband did it because his wife wanted out of the marriage and he did it for insurance money. 1.3 million to be exact. A normal robbery would not have bashed her head in 13 times. Overkill happens because someone is very angry at that person for a reason. The man should be put to death and he knows it. How someone can do something so horrible to someone that his children love and need is unthinkable. He will have to answer to God before he goes to hell.
e-man

Jamaica, NY

#33 Apr 28, 2015
unbelievable after watching this episode on 20 20 I firmly believe this is a one of the biggest miscarriages of justice. I don't know where they picked this jury from. how can they convict someone without one shred of evidence. he would've been better off taking a trial by judge. definitely a case of ineffective counsel. Don't know which is worse, the morons on the jury or the idiots he had for lawyers. you have cops with tunnel vision and prosecutors who base their case on unsubstantiated hypotheticals. then they interview one of the jurors that look like he was about six cards short of a full deck. when they say just this is blind, they should add in deaf and dumb in this case.
e-man

Jamaica, NY

#34 Apr 28, 2015
IRepay Says the Lord wrote:
Jarka trial: Murrieta man sentenced to life in prison without parole for murder of wife
Kelle Lee Jarka, 41 at the time of his trial,
Below,is follow up info on Kelly Jarka.
I do not believe he deserved this! He needs execution and God will finnish what he really deserves.
Obviously,he did not practice his faith.
Maybe,his name should be referred to as "Judas Iscorit".This would be far more fitting.Judas Iscorit had a special position with Jesus and betrayed that positiion and betrayed God.
He showed no reaction as Judge Timothy Freer confirmed the sentence indicated by Jarka's conviction for first-degree murder
Read more: http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2009-11-06/news/...
beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life here
e-man

Jamaica, NY

#35 Apr 28, 2015
eyeforaneye wrote:
The police department, investigators, jury, judge and attorney did a fantastic job. Mr. Jarka did not show the emotion a natural human being would show when his wife was just murdered. The circumstantial evidence was overwhelming and damning. Mr. Jarka appeared unaffected, constantly lying and apparently ready to begin his new life with his mistress and a whole lot of dough.. He definitely armed himself with protective clothing of which he disposed of on his errands, as well as the weapon. He staged the burglary quite poorly. Sad that a person claiming to be religious was so greedy and sick. He deserved the death penalty!
No proof.. should have never went to trial.
Elderette

Tully, NY

#36 May 24, 2015
Wonder why he didn't ask for a lawyer rather than taking that o continuously accusing him of murder. Did anyone from the "kingdom hall" come to his defense?

I believe he is innocent. Free Kellee Jarka
DeeDee

Tully, NY

#37 May 24, 2015
John Watson wrote:
The only thing wrong with this country is the lack of victims rights and all the attention we give to criminals and convicts. Read and listen carefully: AN INNOCENT MAN DOES NOT SIT QUIETLY IN COURT WHILE BEING TRIED FOR MURDER.
He may if he believes "Jehovah" will be there for him...
juror

Sun City, CA

#38 Sep 23, 2015
Elderette wrote:
Wonder why he didn't ask for a lawyer rather than taking that o continuously accusing him of murder. Did anyone from the "kingdom hall" come to his defense?
I believe he is innocent. Free Kellee Jarka
i just went to court to be juror and if jarka did not have a lawyer he was goin to jail the prosecutor trick people into find them guity thas his job
therealcd_99

Bowling Green, KY

#39 May 6, 2016
Unbelievable wrote:
I agree with Janet, Rhoe, and all the others who are left in disbelieve. it's unbelievable the police are allowed to fabricate circumstantial evidence in order to make an arrest and get a confiction. Interrogate someone for 10hrs. How can a jury put someone in prison with NO EVIDENCE. In todays time that's all they preach FORENSIC EVIDEDNCE but when they don't have anything they accuse the the grieving family members who during their state of shock, disbelieve, and confusion they can't answer questions the way the detective thinks they should. I do not believe the detectives should be allowed to LIE and when all they have is circumstantial evidence they should be MANDATED to show the proof of how they searched for and ruled out other suspects. After watching these programs THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO SPEAK WITH THE POLICE/DETECTIVES WITHOUT AN ATTORNY BEING PRESENT or better yet a subpoena Because you can not win with them: If you cry you are a put on; if you act irritated that they would accuse you then your guilty; if you are calm your guilty; if you are aggrevated or hostile at being accused of murder your guilty; if you don't get upset your guilty. On one of your shows I saw where a gentlemen had been released after years, years in prison only to have DNA exonerate him later. It was all TUNNEL vision and circumstanal evidence and evidence not given to the defense. I saw where 450 innocent people had been released from prison mostly through DNA who were convicted on circumstantial evidence. I knew innocent people were sent to prison I just didn't realize it was such a large number all because detectives and DA's get tunnel vision and manipulate evidence or create circumstantial evidence that is not there, that is just a part of life i.e. arguments, money problems, and god forbid if you have an insurance policy, That's automatic guilt !!!
I agree with everyone else. Not guilty. We see too many of these homicide detectives abusing power and da's looking to make a name for themselves. Justice not served.
Needtobethere

Pomona, CA

#41 Jul 18, 2017
In order to have an opinion that carries any weight regarding this, you must have heard all the evidence.
Karen

Lorain, OH

#42 Sep 7, 2017
Janet wrote:
Zach, I am agnostic. In case you donít have a dictionaryÖ a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God. b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

But that being said, I am 100% against organized religion of any sort because I do believe that it causes people to be somewhat brainwashed and delusional.

Iím so disappointed in the ignorant things that have been said that I almost stumped. Almost.

For anyone that believes you can tell whether someone is guilty or innocent by analyzing their behavior after an event, do your research. Even trained professionals cannot tell whether someone is telling the truth or lying. That is a fact. Even polygraphs have been proven to be accurate only 50% of the time.

Again, I am not saying this man is innocent. I am only saying that there was not nearly enough evidence to convict him. I am only saying that we seem to want to lock someone up for every crime, REGARDLESS of whether they actually committed the crime or not.

The fact that he built shoddy houses or that he was a Jehovahís Witness are unbelievably irrelevant to whether or not he did this crime.

I am NOT okay with sending anyone to prison because ďZachĒ didnít like the way Jarka didnít shed a tear, or thinks that because thereís ďoverkillĒ, that Jarka is the obvious killer.

Zach, youíre as dumb as a rock, but if you were imprisoned for something where there wasnít enough evidence, I would be here saying even YOU shouldnít have been convicted. And Iím terrified of people as ignorant as you. My point is, itís irrelevant to me what Jarka did for a living, who he cheated on his wife with, how he acted after he discovered his wifeís body, etc., the only thing that matters is that there isnít any direct evidence against this man.
Amen sister! I'm with you, the jury was as dumb as a box of rocks and also the prosecutor locking up this guy up without a shred of evidence!! The judge acting like he was pure evil when nobody knows if he even killed her! It's scary knowing how easy you can get locked up, all I know is if I ever find a dead body I'm backing right out of that room and pretending I never seen anything because it's always the person that finds the body that they blame for the killing!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murrieta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grandmother of 13 siblings found captive in Per... 7 hr Izzy-_- 2
Tap Water and Black Substance (Nov '13) Wed tellinitlikeitis 41
KIRBY VACUUMS SCAMS-ACE company in murrieta (Oct '07) Tue Paw 435
Scammed by Richardson RV; DO NOT do business w... (Feb '15) Jan 9 Mar 13
Review: Big Apple Physicians - Jaroslaw Sasanka MD (Jun '10) Jan 9 gecks999 10
best /safer area to buy a property Jan 6 tellinitlikeitis 5
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts (Jul '16) Jan 3 TimH 95

Murrieta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance