First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Newbie 2

Los Angeles, CA

#41 Feb 16, 2009
This is very enlightening! I just happened upon thia forum while looking for something online in Murrieta. I've only been living here (off CKeith) a few weeks now from San Diego.

I too have observed the two traffic situations mentioned in addition to the nightmare at the elementry school. I'm guessing the school was there before the homes??? It seems the developer didn't plan for people NOT living in that develpment to be picking up their kids there.

A few said this was a nice small town not long ago and now a bunch of city yahoos moved in and expect it to be up to speed with the city. Like the not so old saying, they built it and we came!

It looks like we are all in this together and need to be patient ourselves and considerate of others. In Hawaii during peak traffic hours, all the radio announcers often encourage everyone to drive with aloha.....a little love goes along way :)

Actually, I'm a little more concerned about the recent crimes here in the news. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Peace out!
Newbie 2

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Feb 16, 2009
P.S. I need spell check here! LOL!!!!
Not so newbie

United States

#43 Mar 5, 2009
I don't know why everyone is so against progress. If you really want to live in the "country" you should probably move there try cities like anza. Then you won't have to worry about progress or at least not for a while. I moved here in 96 not for the country feel but for the affordability. I am very happy to have some of the conveniences and things to do. If we do turn into the next Sd or Oc great! Property values will go up because people will actually want to be here.
NorhtTV GUY

Calabasas, CA

#44 Jun 11, 2009
Anyone got a feel for what the New loma linda university will do for the Temecula Valley ???
It's just off the 215 near Clinton Keith Road (a little north of there).
It's still under construction, looks about a year from completion
Thanks,
Sam

Norwalk, CA

#45 Jun 14, 2009
I hope it gives us another option than Inland Valley or Rancho Springs. I hate driving to SD for great medical care.
X-LagunaHillsLuv sMurrieta

Granada Hills, CA

#46 Oct 26, 2009
OC IE Whatever. I really like Murrieta. Lived here for only 3 1/2 years and find that people are the same in Murrieta as Laguna Hills only a little more friendly and less stressed. Actually I myself became less stressed and happier when I moved here. Sure it isn't "manicured" but it is so homey and nice. My kids love the horses and driving by goat farms saying "Good morning Goats" it's cute.
JIMMY reminds me on my mom who when she comes to visit from Laguna Hills always has her snobby little comments. "Land of the dirt people"
PS I am a soccer mom sorry. My friend whos daughter is on my 4 yr old daughter's team has lived here 25yrs and went to Murrieta Elementary where she met her now husband also an origianl Murrieta resident. My point is I guess they are soccer parents & love it.
MsM

Menifee, CA

#47 Oct 29, 2009
Larry,
What "Ann-Crackpipe" posted about where the street name came from is incorrect! hahahaa
It has been a while and I don't know if you still check the forum, but I wanted to clear that up for you.

Clinton Keith was elected to County Surveyor in 1946. He was then appointed Road Commissioner in 1947. Mr. Keith continued to hold both positions until his retirement at the end of 1971. "Clinton Keith Road" was named after Mr. Keith in honor of his many years of service.

Reference: at rctlma.org/trans/gen_info_history.html
Edward Henberger

Perris, CA

#48 Oct 30, 2009
They are only having more hicks in this town. Yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww
madhatter

Simi Valley, CA

#49 Mar 12, 2010
Nice to know how some idiots in the community feel.SYKE! A bunch a judgemental idiots...oh and please learn how to drive...Its getting very irritating how none of you can go the speed limit or change lanes correctly!!! Oh how i hate this town... even more now that i've heard the voice of the idiots who live here.
Bonehead

Los Angeles, CA

#50 Mar 13, 2010
Jim wrote:
This world is built on change. We can't all live in the past on "how it was." The world changes, and usually you change with it. While I can understand your dismay for how us 'soccer moms','snobs', and 'city slickers' just ruined your city, just because you lived here for 15-20 years doesn't make it YOUR city! We have moved into your city and hope to bring with us the greatness and success that other cities have enjoyed. While I respect that you want to keep it a rural town, that is just not the state of situation. We have outgrown LA and Orange counties and now must expand further out in order to accomodate all of the growth. I, for one, feel lucky that I am able to afford a beautiful brand new house and become a homeowner. Murrieta is changing and growing. To you.. it's unfortunate. To us, it's exciting and we look forward to having the amenities and sucess that other great cities have.
Oldtimer: I could respond with disdain and hatred such as you have, but I will show you the respect that you have earned and just nod politely and not let you push my buttons.
Other cities success? LA/Orange County, oh you must mean Gangs, crime, Drugs, political corruption and general filth, yeah, that's progress.
Ashlee

United States

#51 Aug 11, 2010
I'm actually of the fifth generation in this area.. My family owned a ranch, and several acres of land throughout the city for many many years. "McElwain" is my family name if anyone recognizes it. We did not sell and move because of choice. The county deemed it necessary for "growth". It was extremely painful to leave the property my family spent so much blood sweat and tears on. But I guess it's all worth it so the translants can have their Starbucks and Super Target. With all do respect sir, I don't feel that I "own" this town any more than you do. However, this is my HOME, and if you would like to be accepted as a neighbor, maybe you should respect its history. Change is inevitable, I know. But did you really expect to rant on like this and not create animosity? I'd also like to remind you that people see "beauty" in different ways. For example, what you find embarrassing and trailer trash, is actually very tranquill and appealing to me. It has nothing to do with wealth, class, or status, and that is what is so beautiful to me and my family. I can only hope that one day you can appreciate it as well.
Wildomar Mom

Wildomar, CA

#52 Aug 12, 2010
I am not an old-timer, but I moved to Wildomar 8 years ago from Orange County. I would not go back whether I could afford it or not! I love it here! I will adjust to any changes that come our way, however, I do like to be able to drive down the road and see fields, horses, hills. Couldn't take the concrete jungle any longer. It is all personal preference. Personally I think that we have the best of both worlds here. We have open area left where there is actually natural scape, yet within minutes you can get to your Starbucks, restaurants, and shopping centers. I must say that I do take offense to the trailer trash comment. Every community has it's less than desirables, it does not define everyone in the community. I am proud to be a "909-er"/"951-e r"! And if there comes a time when I am no longer satisfied, and the changes are more than I can live with, then that is when I will pack up and move on.
Uncle P

Murrieta, CA

#53 Aug 17, 2010
My wife and I have lived in Murrieta for the last 19 years and have seen many changes. It has grown from a small town to a sea of homes in 20 years but has still maintained its good family raising qualities. However, as someone who has seen the gobbling up of every restaurant and retail chain known to man, Temecula has cloned the OC in an uncanny way. I'm still looking for Murrieta to develop its own identity.
to be continued...5759

Perris, CA

#54 Aug 18, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
Ok, I'm not trying to attack anyone nor do I think the greer community has a 'snob' attitude. I'm sorry you feel that way. Everyone I have met has been wonderful. However, my point is that I don't think it is too much to ask for a little common sense when developing these communities. I believe that if you are going to expand and build these communities, you MUST build some sort of infrastructure first. It just doesn't make any sense why your building these new shopping centers (at the 15 CK junction and the Orchard 215/CK junction) yet no work has begun on the overpass widening or the two lanes down to one lane and back to two lanes anomaly? That should be done FIRST!! Burying your head in the sand and 'hoping' that things will improve does not get the problem solved. Also Jacqueline: If you are going to spell check people, maybe you should try and figure out what a "blint" is first. I believe the correct word I used was "blight". After further consideration, I do believe the word I chose was a bit harsh. I can understand your point about the country feel and all these houses and people moving into your more laid back atmosphere. I, too, might be a little bothered by someone such as me bitching up a storm and not knowing the history of the last 5-15 years. I can only speak for myself and my feelings, though. I will agree with you, however, that taking over Wildomar would be a bad idea. I am learning that Murrieta has a hard enough time taking care of its own costs and projects let alone taking on those of another. I enjoy staying in this community for a long time and watching it grow. I hope that it grows to be a very succesful area and I think it has the potential to be. I believe I've made a good investment. Only time will tell.
I just wanted to know if you felt your house was still a good investment? LMAO!!

I sold my little home in Wildomar to a family from Orange County for almost 700 grand. I bought it for less than 200 grand and owned it for two years. I saved my money and now just bought two forclosed homes, one in Hemet and one in Corona. These homes were once selling for 450 and 765 grand respectively. I bought them for 180 and 315 grand. Paid cash.

Thank you stupid Orange County 'gonna downgrade and move with the hicks' family! Heard you lost your home last year. You can rent one of mine.
julie grams

Dorchester, SC

#55 Sep 12, 2010
I. Live off clinton keith in bear creeek it amamzing we live in the country. The beauty. Is all around us. Wake up and smelll the horse pooop
ted

Wildomar, CA

#56 Sep 14, 2010
oldtimer,, remember the airport by the school before they shut it down for the houses and the nearest mall was riverside, closest home depot was in corona it sucks they got rid of that..all of that this is the usa you cannot have that much fun anymore .. need mexico for that.. ted
psst

Menifee, CA

#57 Sep 14, 2010
hmm
Zan

Menifee, CA

#58 Oct 15, 2010
Still loving Murrieta!
Sarah Miller

San Bernardino, CA

#59 Jan 27, 2011
Clinton Keith Road was named after my great grandpa he worked for the fontana steel company and was an achoholic which he stoped drinking and helped other people stop drinking did alot of help for the community im 13 so dont say ANYTHING MEAN PLEASE thats the truth my family has news paper clipping from the event where it was named after him dont belive the internet all the time i have the proof n have tried to look one the computer several times for info on it but they are all false or for the wrong place!!!!
hellyousay

United States

#60 Mar 3, 2012
actually I found this. I've wondered about that name for years lol. Considering these posts, there's some irony.

Adna Clinton Keith was appointed as County Surveyor for Riverside in 1945.
"Clinton Keith Road" was named after Mr. Keith in honor of his many years of service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Murrieta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Experienced Group of Con Artists occupying my h... (May '13) Fri Elise Gingerich 158
Chemtrails (Oct '12) Fri Elise Gingerich 5
bradley rd. Mar 23 DMJBF 3
News Gurzi Pleads Guilty, Sentenced to 12 Years in P... (Dec '07) Mar 22 tracy 8
Reckless People!!! Mar 22 Concerned 1
Ktistie Rose , and Rebecca Messer - 1st service... Mar 19 ray 1
Diabetes: I believe it's due to obesity Mar 17 ignorancekillsus 17
Murrieta Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Murrieta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]